I don't have a PlayStation 3, unfortunately, so I can't experience the joy that LittleBigPlanet has undoubtedly brought to many a Sony console owner. I have to admit that the trailers with that song that sounds like yowling cats does a great job showing off LBP's creative versatility, though. It looks like a neat game!
How about we bring some of that Play. Create. Share. Enjoy. Whatever love into quests, then? I have an idea for a little forum game everyone can play along with! It's part of this MMORPG genre I thought up: Massively Multiplayer Online Racing Per Graphs.
The red line is our adversary, Rasputin Von Reddington! He's an evil oil baron who turned to racing as a hobby to take his mind off of his vast riches. Why, he's so arrogant, he'll take the longest path to the finish! It's almost as if his red line is a pace we need to exceed to succeed. Grr, he's such a bad guy! Successful, but bad.
The green line is us! We're the good guys, and we're all driving at once! I told you this was an MMO, didn't I? Our vehicle is called the Greenie McSoylent. Why? It's made of people! Specifically, the McSoylent heads more directly to the finish line as more people quickly complete The Little Guys quest set. That almost sounds like the green line is our current progress over time! Amazing, if true. Unfortunately, as you can see, it decided to take a trip over Failure Ridge into Screwedville.
Damn you, Von Reddington! DAMN YOU! We'll show him one day. For now, though, someone should probably clean up the orphanage he burned down. We should also look into getting a new girlfriend to replace the one he stole. Oh, and we might not want to tell PETA what he did to those puppies. Don't want to get anyone mad at us.
Here's the final statistics:
- Rasputin von Reddington won the race in 106.3 hours! Talk about a long endurance race. Even GT5 isn't crazy enough to have a race that long!
- The Greenie McSoylent gained 122 quest set completions over the last 27 hours or so, which is about a 16% drop-off from yesterday. It fell short of its fuel target by 597 people. How sad.
- Overall, we needed a pace of 28.24 completions per hour to beat dastardly old Reddington.
- Instead, our lovely green vehicle achieved an average pace of 22.6 completions per hour. In the last 2.5 hours, it was closer to 2.9 completions per hour. Needless to say, we went sailing off a cliff.
- If this most recent pace kept up, we'd need another 8.5 days to catch up Rasputin Von Reddington and tell him what a jerk he is.
- Here's the comparison against previous quests:
- As you can see, The Little Guys is probably the worst-performing community quest out of any set with a decent initial surge to date. It's a bit unfortunate, but we'll bounce back.
- Our Win/Loss record is 9-7 since I started tracking these quests, and...is this right? I think it's 11-11 overall. If so, that's pretty damn cool. Maybe not for our bonus XP needs, but otherwise, I appreciate a nice, even balance like that.
So, Rasputin Von Reddington crapped that happy ending up, shut down the orphanage, stole the beautiful girl, kicked the box full of adorable puppies into the river, and detonated the WMD over Wichita. He's kind of a jerk. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed reading, and I'll be back for the next community quest.
If you have any questions, requests, criticisms, or concerns, feel free to let me know in this thread! If your concern or criticism somehow involves this horrible backstory I've written, then trust me: I already know, and I'm so sorry.