• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Phantom_Gardener (64 posts) -

I dont get this.. how do you complete quests?

#102 Posted by DaRaxor (33 posts) -

Ah nice idea, yet more things for me to get addicted to :P

Well done :)

#103 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

To be honest I am not happy what this quest thing is doing to the site. Its slowing it down massively, bringing in massive spam, And I am unable to view older videos because of a bug.

If I could have one request. All quests that have to do with posting in the forums should just be removed and no more made.

#104 Edited by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" To be honest I am not happy what this quest thing is doing to the site. Its slowing it down massively, bringing in massive spam, And I am unable to view older videos because of a bug.   If I could have one request. All quests that have to do with posting in the forums should just be removed and no more made. "

Yes please. I did the quite obvious one (Ghost Writer) and didn't understand what the hell that attach to the forum thing meant - I thought I had to do it to get the achievment (it didn't pop up because of the site lag). Therefore, a mod got angry and pointed me here to read the big bold text.
#105 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

can we please have a quest board so i can block it? its annoying to see people posting for their required quests and asking for help.

its not like the forums are stagnant at all, in fact, its usually pretty active.

considering your tagline "not pissing off the internet since 2007" i would hope you can take this suggestion into consideration

#106 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Does anybody know which podcast the dude in the secret quest of Music Appreciation 101 has appeared on?

#107 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2472 posts) -
@MB said:
"If you see any Quest spoilers on the forum, please flag it or shoot us a PM right away so we can take care of it. Thanks! "
Can we flag those countless "quest help" threads, too? I'd have blast flagging the shit out of them.
#108 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@roofy said:
" can we please have a quest board so i can block it?"
This please. :(
#109 Posted by Sin4profit (2930 posts) -

if the search function worked here at Giantbomb the quests wouldn't be such a pain in the ass.

#110 Posted by MB (12376 posts) -
Go ahead.
  @atomic_dumpling:
#111 Posted by MisterMouse (3552 posts) -
@Sin4profit: Yeah I have definitely noticed while working through some of the quests that the search doesnt work as well as one would wish
#112 Posted by PenguinDust (12510 posts) -

I gotta say, now that there is a Quest board and General and OT have been cleaned up, I don't hate this new feature anymore.  As long as I can choose to ignore it and actually be able to do just that, I am fine with it.  Good work GB staff at fixing the clutter and chaos.

#113 Posted by xyzygy (9978 posts) -

I'm still just really annoyed by the bar at the bottom. I wish there was an option to get rid of it. I don't mind the quest system, I don't use it so it doesn't bother me, but man I really hate that bar.

#114 Posted by siderinc (56 posts) -

great feature :)

#115 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2472 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

" I'm still just really annoyed by the bar at the bottom. I wish there was an option to get rid of it. I don't mind the quest system, I don't use it so it doesn't bother me, but man I really hate that bar. "

You can block  DIV[id="userbar"] in the AdBlocker of your choice. This also works with Chrome using the AdBlock extension by gundlach. The obvious downside is that you are completely loosing access to PMs and stuff, since the top bar is gone for good.
#116 Posted by xyzygy (9978 posts) -
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @xyzygy said:

" I'm still just really annoyed by the bar at the bottom. I wish there was an option to get rid of it. I don't mind the quest system, I don't use it so it doesn't bother me, but man I really hate that bar. "

You can block  DIV[id="userbar"] in the AdBlocker of your choice. This also works with Chrome using the AdBlock extension by gundlach. The obvious downside is that you are completely loosing access to PMs and stuff, since the top bar is gone for good. "
Yeah, I still want to be able to access my messages and stuff but having it blocked off a lot of the time, especially after refreshing to see if I have any new messages and/or to juggle the newer forums topics up to the top, is pretty annoying. Do you know if there is a way in Chrome to disable the loading bar at the bottom? The one that tells which URL the browser is loading?
#117 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2472 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
Do you know if there is a way in Chrome to disable the loading bar at the bottom? The one that tells which URL the browser is loading? "
According to my research, you can't disable it, since it's a security feature. It clashes awfully with the user bar though because it's rendered inside the window on top of any content when hovering over a link. Unfortunately, that's by design. Also, it's not very secure after all.
#118 Posted by Kamikaze_Tutor (157 posts) -

Is there a way to see if other users completed certain quests? Because I get the feeling some quests aren't working. I mean, there was one page that I needed to use google to get to it, the search wasn't finding it!

#119 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Yeah, there should definitely be some kind of viewable leaderboard for Quests to see who completed what the fastest.

#120 Posted by IVIGAM3RIVI (21 posts) -

i love how they add this feature and all it has are secret quest and everyone knows there the worst how can u do something if u don't know what to do.....ya it has those dumb riddles but come on, is it in a game or on the site....somehow i'm a lvl 5 but no clue what i did to get there

#121 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -

So does anyone know who creates the quest icon images? They are a member of the community and for the life of me I can't find this person.

#122 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19333 posts) -
@INV2 said:

" So does anyone know who creates the quest icon images? They are a member of the community and for the life of me I can't find this person. "

She's Turbo_Toaster and she's a moderator.  I'm not sure why you're so desperate to find her, though, unless it's for the already expired Limited Edition Quest.
#123 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  yeah, I just like work and wanted to add her to my favorites list.
#124 Posted by slilley (20 posts) -

This is the single best thing I have ever seen put onto a website.  It keeps the users coming back and I have found myself on this site for long periods of time, just trying to get quests.

Keep up the good work!

#125 Posted by wrathofconn (1460 posts) -

I am a big fan of the quest system, haven't looked at this forum before now and I find that the hints here make things really obvious in most cases. But that will probably just mean I continue to not visit this forum.

#126 Posted by XcL (152 posts) -

843 rd finished  

#127 Posted by Mr_Obese (15 posts) -

I NEED SPOILERS
#128 Posted by Capn_Chunky (9 posts) -

Sounds great 

#129 Posted by KeisukeMiyagi (2 posts) -

Yeah good idea, tired of stumbling across 'hints' that completely ruin the question

#130 Edited by Yojimbo (48 posts) -
#131 Posted by Itwongo (1193 posts) -

Hey what's going on in here?

PS I miss quests.

#132 Posted by BeachThunder (11917 posts) -

:(

#133 Posted by thornbush (32 posts) -

For a moment there I thought that they were coming back

:(

#134 Posted by Sweep (8858 posts) -

Redundant thread is redundant.

@yojimbo Don't bump old threads like this, we're just going to lock them. If you want to contact the staff, send them a PM. Also, might be worth reading the forum rules.

x