Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

... should totally be the bomb from the Giant Bomb logo.

Think about it, the bar is a long fuse, it burns and gets shorter as you gain points, the bomb's expression could change as his fuse gets shorter, then it EXPLODES when you level up.

Would be pretty cool to have explosion/bomb-related titles/ranks as you hit certain levels too.

Seriously, think about it.

#1 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

... should totally be the bomb from the Giant Bomb logo.

Think about it, the bar is a long fuse, it burns and gets shorter as you gain points, the bomb's expression could change as his fuse gets shorter, then it EXPLODES when you level up.

Would be pretty cool to have explosion/bomb-related titles/ranks as you hit certain levels too.

Seriously, think about it.

#2 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

Yes, just yes.

Also, you're gay.

#3 Posted by TenaciousE (114 posts) -

Great idea, ur gay????

#4 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@TenaciousE: Thanks, no that's just my best friend being a pest just ignore her. I like boobs don't worry :) lol
#5 Edited by Nunchuckles (195 posts) -

I like boobs too, and I think this is actually a good idea too.

#6 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@Nunchuckles: I can... tell O.O... nice icon. And thanks.
#7 Posted by Headlines (40 posts) -

nice idea, boobies are great, just not on men

#8 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@TenaciousE:  He's just in denial. Don't worry. I'll wear him down.
#9 Posted by UnoGenius (143 posts) -

would be cool

#10 Posted by Legend (2649 posts) -

Good idea, but what we really need now are leaderboards for quests, quest sets, and levels.

#11 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@Legend said:
" Good idea, but what we really need now are leaderboards for quests, quest sets, and levels. "
Very true, but those are the obvious things, I'm sure the guys upstairs already have ideas for that stuff.

They should tie the trivia system into it too, remember that? Man I haven't answered any giant bomb trivia questions for a long ass while...
#12 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@Newten:  You know why you haven't? 'Cause you are gay Newten.
#13 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

One hell of an avatar

#14 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (725 posts) -

I like the idea.

#15 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@CharkeeFarlee: Would a gay person have this as one of their desktop backgrounds?
No, no they wouldn't.
Seriously though stop it! I'm gunna get in trouble for replying to your spam if you keep this up you tardface ;P

Anyway, in an attempt to keep this post somewhat on-topic, what faces do you think the bomb should pull as the fuse gets shorter? Should it sit there shitting bricks or smile maniacally, happy it's about to EXPLODE!?
#16 Edited by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@Newten:  It's all a mask.   Also, i see our msn conversation lol

I think it should do both. It should sit there with a grin on it's face whilst shitting brix.
#17 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@CharkeeFarlee: @Newten: 

It's like there's a party going on and no one else is invited! :D
#18 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@girdz: Oh yeah, totally.
@CharkeeFarlee: Oh, what was that?... you wanted me to bid on something on ebay for you? yeah? really now? mmhmm.
#19 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@Newten: :(
#20 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@girdz: Welcome to mine and Newtens best friendmanship.
totally made a new word up there.
#21 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@CharkeeFarlee: *sigh* fine but if I'm gay then you must have a penis or something. So everytime you call me gay I'm gunna tell everyone you have a penis.
#22 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@Newten:  I say this anyway. have you not seen will's dailybooth fool? Makes no difference to me. I say i have balls all the time.
#23 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@CharkeeFarlee: Well now you have a penis to go with them.
#24 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Brilliant! Get in touch with those whiskey boys. Maybe do one of your famous mock-ups to pitch it with.

#25 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Good idea. 

Also, this thread is creepy.

#26 Posted by TheAdmin (711 posts) -
@Newten said:
" @CharkeeFarlee: Would a gay person have this as one of their desktop backgrounds?
No, no they wouldn't.   

I really like the fuse idea - I think it rocks...  
also... who is your desktop?
#27 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin: Thanks! Oh I'm sure one of them has seen this thread by now, I may do a little mock-up but someone with better photoshop skills should probably do it.
@99X: Thanks, that would be Keeley Hazell.
#28 Posted by simply (22 posts) -

Um do you guys think if i made a gif of the bomb and added it to the suggestion page that they would add it. If so i can do it when my computer if fixed

#29 Posted by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

ITT: Insecure people

#30 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Boobs. Asian boobs.

#31 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@simply: If it's good enough they might use it for something, it's definitely worth a go, I'd like to see it.
@Vinchenzo: If you're referring to Keeley, she's actually English.
#32 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -

I like the idea.

@CharkeeFarlee

What's wrong with him being gay? I know he says he isn't, but it is sorta his life choice if he wants to be gay... People may question me for being with someone who is ethnically different from me, but does that make me a bad person? No. Other things make me a bad person, like my addiction to Orbit Gum, my interest in getting people to play horrible games like E.T. or Bujingai, and my obsession with sharing The Peanut Butter Solution with everyone.

#33 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -
@Ariketh: What? He's not actually gay. We're best friends in real life and i throw all sorts of abuse at him. I just like to spam "you're gay" on giantbomb. It's nothing vicious. You should see dailybooth if you think me calling him "gay" is bad. He throws abuse back at me. It's just me teasing him. He does it back. The world is in perfect balance.  I have nothing against gay people. If they're happy then good for them. I never said it made anyone a bad person. So i have no idea what you were harping on about there.
#34 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Pretty anoying though when half of the thread is filled with your "you're gay"-spam. :P

Also, I approve of the idea.  The bomb is needs to be everywhere. Including in my quests. :P

#35 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -
@CharkeeFarlee It was suppose to be a joke.

But I am with PhatSeeJay. 

@PhatSeeJay said:
" Pretty anoying though when half of the thread is filled with your "you're gay"-spam. :P