• 82 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Erik (386 posts) -

Share your hints here! 
I need some :P

#2 Edited by Wiseblood (626 posts) -

Honestly, this is a super easy one. Just find the relevant concept pages and pick out notable ones.

Oh, and I feel the need to do a little bragging:

#3 Posted by Xtrminatr (253 posts) -

number 9 to finish. most everything can be found with concepts.

#4 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

Yes please. All I have left is "I can't allow you to do that, dave."

#5 Posted by milkman4591 (110 posts) -

whew 12! that's the quickest I've finished before, I swear its never happened to me :P

#6 Posted by BlackWaltz (8 posts) -

Finished fourth, easy quest. Definitely use the concept pages.

#7 Posted by amorbis (73 posts) -

19th. Very easy. As everyone else is saying: the concept pages are key here.

#8 Posted by ParamedicFoetus (62 posts) -

27th. It's easy enough without the concepts.

#9 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

Why doesnt wheatly or 343 guility spark count? D:
I would have finished it by now.

#10 Posted by ValeYard (145 posts) -

Yey for the easy quest after some tough ones. Finished 34th...

#11 Posted by JoeyRavn (4883 posts) -

Skynet is not a valid option for "I can't let you do that, Dave"? What?

#12 Edited by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

#13 Posted by goatsoap (59 posts) -

easy :D #59, just goto the concept pages and flick through opening all the tabs

#14 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

#15 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -
@Doomdeadly said:

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

Samus has a suit, that's no cyborg.
#16 Posted by BoringK (246 posts) -
@Doomdeadly said:

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

And no Barret Wallace! HE HAS A GUN FOR A HAND
#17 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

I got the last evil ai and it didnt pop the popup? I finished the quest and i didnt even know how.

#18 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

@Forcen said:

@Doomdeadly said:

Indeed. And no Samus.

Samus has a suit, that's no cyborg.

Samus has enhanced DNA and biologically links with the suit, and as of Metroid Fusion the suit actually becomes part of her body.

#19 Posted by NinjaCommando (102 posts) -

#92

#20 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

No Sektor and Cyrax? They killed their master and took over! lame. oh, i wonder if Kano would've worked for anything...

#21 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -
@Doomdeadly said:

@Forcen said:

@Doomdeadly said:

Indeed. And no Samus.

Samus has a suit, that's no cyborg.

Samus has enhanced DNA and biologically links with the suit, and as of Metroid Fusion the suit actually becomes part of her body.

hmm, looks like we both mistook  the meaning of the quest, i thought it meant cyborgs but its about replacing arms and stuff like that. Samus got both her hands still.
#22 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Shepard had no augmentations?
 
Really???

#23 Edited by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

@Forcen said:

@Doomdeadly said:

@Forcen said:

@Doomdeadly said:

Indeed. And no Samus.

Samus has a suit, that's no cyborg.

Samus has enhanced DNA and biologically links with the suit, and as of Metroid Fusion the suit actually becomes part of her body.

hmm, looks like we both mistook the meaning of the quest, i thought it meant cyborgs but its about replacing arms and stuff like that. Samus got both her hands still.

Yeah, quest description is very general though. Whatever, par for the course. I got #125th.

#24 Posted by rmanthorp (3692 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

Shepard had no augmentations?

Really???

I know dude has been rebuilt completely. Guess that's not enough.

I need one more Cyberpunk god damn it :<

Moderator
#25 Posted by Winternet (7935 posts) -

Cyber-Lip should totally be a viable option.

#26 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

That was super easy but your superior internet conections beat my 3rd world country one #131, also WTF no Barret from FFVII? that was the first one I looked  , no Cyrax or Sektor was lame too , of course you only need one from Mortal Kombat and how do you define augmentations do enhancements like the Halo Spartans count or just robo-parts?

#27 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

163rd...When?...When God? WHEN WILL I BE IN THE TOP 10? WHEEEEENNNNN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Damn it.

#28 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

need help with cant let you do that i have 2 out of 4

also lame that no cyber ninjas from mk or shepard popped the quest

#29 Posted by MKHavoc (1305 posts) -

As always, concept pages are key.

#30 Posted by Tebbit (4435 posts) -

Tell me how the CyberDemon doesn't count for that augmentation one. HE'S A FUCKING DEMON WITH CYBERNETIC SHIT IN HIM.

#234

5!

#31 Posted by Hailinel (22680 posts) -

@Doomdeadly said:

@Forcen said:

@Doomdeadly said:

Indeed. And no Samus.

Samus has a suit, that's no cyborg.

Samus has enhanced DNA and biologically links with the suit, and as of Metroid Fusion the suit actually becomes part of her body.

What? No, it doesn't.

There is a Metroid character that is a viable option in one of the quests, however.

#32 Posted by Hailinel (22680 posts) -

@Anwar said:

The protagonist from Bioshock doesn't count for 'I Can't Allow You To Do That, Dave' the fuck? These quests are always so arbitrary. And if you say spoilers, fuck you this game is too old for this kind of stuff.

Bioshock's protagonist is not cybernetically augmented, from what I understand. ADAM is something different.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (22680 posts) -

@Anwar said:

@Hailinel: what now? ''I Can't Allow You To Do That, Dave' not the augmenation-part of this quest, he turned on his creator.

He's not an Artificial Intelligence.

#34 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Doomdeadly said:

Samus has enhanced DNA and biologically links with the suit, and as of Metroid Fusion the suit actually becomes part of her body.

What? No, it doesn't.

There is a Metroid character that is a viable option in one of the quests, however.

When Samus is infected by the X Parasite on SR388, parts of her power suit are bonded to her body, which grants her the titular "Fusion Suit"

#35 Edited by Hailinel (22680 posts) -

@Anwar said:

@Hailinel: where does it say that? 'Find four CREATIONS...'

This is a quest set related to cyberpunk themes and technology. The quest is looking for AI constructs that go rogue. I'd also advise you to reread the quest, as it states at the start "Machines and their creators don't always get along."

#36 Posted by Hardtarget (223 posts) -

ugh I'm missing the 3rd character for augmentation :(

#37 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

This one was really easy took maybe 5 minutes.... maybe i'm just in tune more with the cyberpunk genre moreso than any other genre.

#38 Posted by onan (1277 posts) -

@BoringK said:

@Doomdeadly said:

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

And no Barret Wallace! HE HAS A GUN FOR A HAND

Yeah, I came over to this thread to complain he wasn't included. Nor was Alex D, which is more than a little surprising given which game this quest was made for.

#39 Posted by BoringK (246 posts) -
@onan said:

@BoringK said:

@Doomdeadly said:

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

And no Barret Wallace! HE HAS A GUN FOR A HAND

Yeah, I came over to this thread to complain he wasn't included. Nor was Alex D, which is more than a little surprising given which game this quest was made for.

Yeah, and Anna Navarre or Gunther Hermann didn't pop it for me either. OK, I'll stop nitpicking about cyborgs now.
#40 Edited by eloj (483 posts) -

At least an Amiga title made it in this time, though probably by "mistake".
 
I always feel like my knowledge is in the half of video game history that's never used on this site (commodore side, not nintendo side).

#41 Posted by The_Nubster (1950 posts) -
@BoringK said:
@onan said:

@BoringK said:

@Doomdeadly said:

@Nadafinga said:

Already very annoyed with the amount of characters not included in "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" quest. No Luke Skywalker, Cyrax, Doctor Octopus, Riddick, ....etc

Indeed. And no Samus.

And no Barret Wallace! HE HAS A GUN FOR A HAND

Yeah, I came over to this thread to complain he wasn't included. Nor was Alex D, which is more than a little surprising given which game this quest was made for.

Yeah, and Anna Navarre or Gunther Hermann didn't pop it for me either. OK, I'll stop nitpicking about cyborgs now.
Yeah, not to mention Cyborg.
#42 Edited by XcL (151 posts) -

513th finished finished Deus Ex HR the other day good times.

#43 Posted by RVonE (4474 posts) -

So Commander Shepard doesn't count for 'I'd buy that for a dollar'?

It seems kinda weird to have these quests and not include options from big games like Mass Effect or Mortal Kombat or whatever. Sure, it would take a lot of work but if you're gonna start shit make sure you do it right.

Pass.

#44 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

For the I'd buy that for a dollar... I got the easy one from who the character that movie is from and luckly got another from a series thats all about metal but no idea about the third. 
#45 Edited by Gerhabio (1969 posts) -

600th!

For I'd buy that for a dollar, a neither black nor white foxy character from a certain Japanese franchise works.

#46 Posted by Hailinel (22680 posts) -

@RVonE said:

So Commander Shepard doesn't count for 'I'd buy that for a dollar'?

It seems kinda weird to have these quests and not include options from big games like Mass Effect or Mortal Kombat or whatever. Sure, it would take a lot of work but if you're gonna start shit make sure you do it right.

Pass.

There is a Mortal Kombat character that works.

#47 Posted by Dezinus (168 posts) -

A little sad General Warfield is not a cyborg. His cyborg arm was bitchin'. I guess he's pretty unknown though. :(

#48 Posted by ZombiePie (5366 posts) -

I could have SWORN that we already had a Community Quest about AIs that turn on their creators around the time Portal 2 was released. If that's the case then all of the answers I used to accomplished the old quest worked this time around.

Moderator
#49 Posted by MisterDunlap (245 posts) -

I must be an idiot or something. I cannot, for the life of me get "The Original Cyborg."

#50 Edited by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

I can't get two of the Can't let you doo that dave. Ive got the two obvious ones but i cannot seem to get the others.  
 
The robot from Halo 3 that turns on you at the end isn't on this one? How..... 
 
Didn't P-body and Atlas turn on Glados at the end of Portal 2? Or I am remembering that wrong? 
 
Never Mind. Done