Edited 6 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Why did Jeff record a video on the original R.B.I only a week before? (324 votes)

Jeff is a prophet 16%
Jeff is part of the video game illuminati 31%
Giant Bomb so big they influence what the industry does next 9%
'Coincidence' 13%
Chemtrails 31%

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but seems like a massive coincidence that Jeff recorded a video on the original R.B.I baseball just a week before this was announced... A title Jeff has never mentioned or I'd ever even heard of before.

So my real question is: Is Jeff a prophet? a member of the video game illuminati? Giant Bomb so big they influence what the industry does next? Chemtrails?

#1 Posted by HelicopterSpy (131 posts) -

In all fairness, about 2 weeks before the R.B.I. Baseball video went up, I got the itch to play a little Super Bases Loaded. You know, winter. The baseball months.

But actually chemtrails.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3214 posts) -

Follow the money

#3 Posted by billymagnum (734 posts) -

simple. he sent that video into the past with his MIND.

#4 Edited by absolutmauser (24 posts) -

@billymagnum said:

simple. he sent that video into the past with his MIND.

This is correct.

#5 Posted by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

Jeff is a wizard.

#6 Posted by MattyFTM (14349 posts) -

There may have been been rumours of a new RBI baseball game circulating on the game journalist grapevine, and that gave him the urge to play the original.

That or he's a prophet.

#7 Posted by Fattony12000 (7093 posts) -

#COLLUSION

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

I seem to recall him mentioning Rise of the Triad out of nowhere shortly before the remake was announced, too. So, yeah, chemtrails all up in this piece.

#9 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -
#10 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

What's great is that I read your question before looking at the options, and I said to myself "Chemtrails", and then it was actually an option. An option that I picked, obviously.

#11 Edited by Danteveli (1164 posts) -

He had a dream

#12 Posted by cloudymusic (1059 posts) -

Jeff has a long and storied history of being unintentionally prophetic. He could probably run a cult if he wanted to.

#13 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

You haven't heard Jeff mention RBI Baseball? I feel like he does it all the time...

#14 Posted by BillyMaysRIP (163 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's the Illuminati.

Also:

#15 Edited by MAJID (208 posts) -

Jeff has a long and storied history of being unintentionally prophetic. He could probably run a cult if he wanted to.

True. Also, whenever he is pressed on the issue (of his off-hand predictions coming true) he shrugs it off nonchalantly. If he has nothing to hide why doesn't he answer the question.

#16 Edited by BBAlpert (1381 posts) -

You're in luck, Brother. Have you heard the good news? Here, take a copy of the Book of Duder-onomy, completely free of charge It's our gift to you.

#17 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (451 posts) -

OMG Jeff is Some kind of Magician with magic or something.

#18 Edited by FLStyle (4594 posts) -

ILLUMINATUS! ILLUMINATUS!

#19 Posted by SenorMartinez (33 posts) -

Chemtrails!

Actually it's very likely that someone on the inside told him, and asked him not to say anything until after the announcement.

#20 Posted by wjb (1643 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

You haven't heard Jeff mention RBI Baseball? I feel like he does it all the time...

Yeah, I feel like he brings it up every few months.

#21 Posted by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -

Chemtrails? Illuminati? Come on now, let's not be ridiculous.

The most rational explanation is that Jeff is a lizard.

#22 Posted by meatdimensionfighter (42 posts) -
#23 Edited by Xymox (2071 posts) -

@three0nefive said:

Chemtrails? Illuminati? Come on now, let's not be ridiculous.

The most rational explanation is that Jeff is a lizard.

10000% agree. It's reasonable to think Jeff was replaced by a reptile body-double sometime between the GOTY deliberations and last weeks podcast, I think.

Remember the livestream before leaving the office? Jeff stated clearly: "Fuck all videogames". But successively, and slowly, it has become "I don't like videogames" and I now present you with this image:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd9v6j0CIAAHbFy.png

Other things that point to this is the new premium feature, dubbed simply "???????????????????????" as if written in some strange, alien language.

#24 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3058 posts) -

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

#25 Edited by GaspoweR (2830 posts) -

FOLLOW THE FUCKIN' MONEY SON.

@xymox: Well, the picture is from Demon's Souls but these new developments have convinced me that IT'S A FIVE HOUR, NON-STOP, MARATHON OF RBI BASEBALL DONE LIVE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT AND THAT PICTURE OF DEMON'S SOULS IS THERE TO THROW US OFF.

#26 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

They were talking on the Bombcast about baseball games lately, about how the MLB ended their licencing agreement with 2K (or something), which probably got Jeff thinking about, you know, when Baseball games used to be better.

#27 Posted by joshth (501 posts) -

follow

the

money

#28 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

They predicted that Gears of War: Judgement trailer.

Also they predicted that that game would only have like four maps and the multiplayer would suck in comparison to other Gears games.

#29 Posted by MarvinPontiac (110 posts) -

Time Cube.

#30 Posted by karatetron (690 posts) -

OBVIOUSLY HE'S ON THE TAKE.

#31 Posted by Nubikal (102 posts) -

The real question is what does this mean for the Giant Bomb Sports Team? Has Jeff broken away to use his powers for personal gain by resurrecting this franchise? Where does this leave Vinny, or is he in on this?

#32 Edited by Damodar (1303 posts) -

This is the sort of poll where you need to be able to select multiple answers, because the correct answer is all of the above.

#33 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Jeff is not part of the video game illuminati. He IS the video game illuminati.

Also he's a ghost.

#34 Edited by Dalai (7002 posts) -

@shagge said:

I seem to recall him mentioning Rise of the Triad out of nowhere shortly before the remake was announced, too. So, yeah, chemtrails all up in this piece.

I knew there was another prophecy fairly recently, but couldn't remember the game. Also chemtrails.

#35 Posted by darkvare (760 posts) -

obviusly nanobots

#36 Posted by GreggD (4481 posts) -
#37 Edited by fisk0 (3874 posts) -

Ancient Aliens? The Nazca Lines spell out R.B.I.

#38 Posted by 42manZ (105 posts) -

Jeff predicted that Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake would come out on the same day years before the games release dates were actually announced. If memory serves the group was talking about rumors of Rockstar making a new Red Dead. Jeff made a laugh and said "Yeah, that'll come out right along Alan Wake," which then got laughs from the other duders.

So, yeah, Prophetic Chem Trails.

#39 Posted by ripelivejam (3586 posts) -

THERE'S BARIUM IN HER HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by Landmine (525 posts) -

Um, I think he may already run a cult... Giantbomb.

#41 Posted by Levius (1084 posts) -

What if Jeff was baseball?

#42 Posted by TheHT (10929 posts) -
#43 Posted by CornBREDX (4855 posts) -

Most likely option is the one that's not listed which is to say he already heard about it (rumors or someone working on it spilled before hand) and it gave him interest in checking out the old one.

Or coincidence, sure.

#44 Posted by flippyandnod (370 posts) -

Not because Jeff influences the industry, but because Jeff runs the whole show.

#45 Edited by MasterRain (308 posts) -

The Giantbomb crew are prophets. Also Giantbomb is an anagram for 'Ban Big Tom', 'Ma Bong Bit', 'An Big Tomb' and 'Bating Mob'. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? #COLLUSION

#46 Posted by ajamafalous (11869 posts) -

1) Jeff talks about RBI Baseball fairly frequently.

2) He probably heard insider rumors about a new one and decided it was a good time to record the video.

3) Illuminati

#47 Posted by xCharlieSheen (73 posts) -

Surprised Jeff didn't even mention RBI' 14 during the most recent Bombcast (March 18th). More details about the game and screen shots were released just last week. Looks like it will be great. As long as it's no more than $15. It's old school top down view with sharp graphics. There's couch co op but no online play.

#48 Posted by andrew2696 (297 posts) -

@xymox: That's Jeff Gerstmanh totally different.