Should I buy the GOTY edition? Fuck zombies.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I haven't played this game. And I see now that they sell it with the expansion, with zombies and shit. What's that? Can I play the regular game in this edition? Should I guy the regular one?

I don't want no fucking zombies on my Wild West.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It's likely cheap enough, so why not. And yes, you can still play the regular game; that and the Undead Nightmare expansion are separate. Also, Undead Nightmare is fantastic.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Undead Nightmare is amazing.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. I'll try the expansion.

I just wanted to first play the vanilla one and then jump into whatever they did next.

Thanks!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@brainwins: Undead Nightmare is more than just zombies. Sure, all the characters that die in the main game get to come back as zombies, but it's also got sasquatches, the 4 horses of the apocalypse, the unicorn from Robot Unicorn Attack and other mythological stuff.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Undead Nightmare is probably the funniest game I have ever played. You should definitely check it out when you finish the main game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@krullban said:

Undead Nightmare is amazing.

This! You gotta play it. I'm also annoyed with zombie crap but trust me, it's worth it. I think it's the best DLC I've played. It enters expansion territory... which there have obviously been some great expansions over the years, especially when they were more common. Even if you consider it an expansion, it's among the best.

The tweaks to the graphics and sound, the atmosphere, the TV-esque "special Halloween episode" quality to the way they warped the original games characters and story. All absolute gold.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated Undead Nightmare for the first hour or so but it does go interesting places and I ended up liking it just fine. In any case, you can't lose with the GOTY edition. The regular game and the expansion are separate entities.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

You get a whole bunch of stuff bundled in so it's a better idea to have the ability to try it rather than wonder if it's good.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're separate options from the menu. You can choose either Red Dead Redemption or Undead Nightmare when you start a new game. The two don't mix in any way. Just buy the GOTY edition.

Also you shouldn't be so dismissive. Play Undead Nightmare. I'm not a biggest fan of zombies myself but it's really well written and not very long, so there's no harm in it.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You get an explosive rifle with the GOTY edition. It's real great.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clairvoyantvibrations: Thanks! I'll definitely will buy the GOTY Edition. I was just being blunt. I'm playing Walking Dead at the moment :D
What I meant is that I wanted to play the "original" version first before jumping into the expansion.

@mosespippy: That does sound pretty cool.

Thank you all. It seems we have a clear winner here.