#1 Edited by Pie (7217 posts) -

This is now playable to everybody who pre purchases the game on steam and after playing for a few hours it really does seem great.

It seems like they have succeeded in making the two sides (America and Japan) play differently to each other. The Americans have masses of firepower in the form of semi automatic rifles, fully automatic rifles, flamethrowers and heavy machine guns whereas the Japanese rely on their bolt action rifles, rare submachine guns, booby traps, knee mortars and Banzai charges.

Anyone else playing this?

#2 Posted by McTangle (161 posts) -

I damn sure will be. This looks great and I'm glad the first news I've heard of it is positive. Long live Red Orchestra, the FPS Gotham deserves.

Did you get your hands on the mortar yet? That was the only bit of the demo I saw that looked a bit off-key.

#3 Posted by Pie (7217 posts) -

@mctangle said:

I damn sure will be. This looks great and I'm glad the first news I've heard of it is positive. Long live Red Orchestra, the FPS Gotham deserves.

Did you get your hands on the mortar yet? That was the only bit of the demo I saw that looked a bit off-key.

Yep. I got about six kills in one by stealing a mortar off of a charging enemy and then blowing up their entrenched position as an American. It's kinda tricky to use as normally you won't be able to see where the shell is landing exactly but you get used to it. You can always fire from the hip as well.

#4 Edited by McTangle (161 posts) -

@pie: Hip-fired mortar? Hot damn! See you out there in the summer.

#5 Edited by Darson (470 posts) -

I'll feel bad about purchasing it since I haven't played too much of RO2. And then I won't play either. Damn D:

#6 Posted by Mikemcn (7443 posts) -

Game is really cool, I love holding down melee and just yelling bonzai at random times.