Posted by BigJeffrey (5076 posts) 7 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD ? (86 votes)

Yes I ❤ RE4 29%
Nope 12%
Steam Sale 45%
Capcom Cash Grab 14%

Will You Be Getting RE4UHDE?

I played the absolute crap out of the gamecube version back in the day, I'll probably be getting it. Also RE5>RE4

Ashley Mai Waifu

#1 Edited by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

No, I played it back in the day. Its a cool game but I don't have exactly a burning passion for it like some do.

#2 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11914 posts) -

$5 on Steam seems a reasonable price for a game I've already bought two different times.

#3 Posted by VierasTalo (852 posts) -

Waiting for a price drop, since I paid full price for that original PC port way back when.

Boy was that a mistake.

#4 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

I'm going to wait and see if capcom did a good job with updating it, but if it is done well, I'll definitely be picking it up

#5 Edited by EuanDewar (5030 posts) -

fuck man I've bought and completed it on ps2, wii and 360 i'll PROBABLY DO IT HERE AGAIN

#6 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

I've played RE4 too much already. The Red 9 will still be the best handgun. I don't need more of it.

#7 Posted by GunstarRed (5302 posts) -

Nah, two versions is enough for me.

#8 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Only if I can screenshot the hell out of it.

#9 Edited by Glottery (1322 posts) -

I've always had interest for it, even more so with the supposedly improved pc-version announced, but I still wasn't planning on buying it...'till yesterday, that is. Here's hoping it'll be a great port!

#10 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

Bought it twice already, that's enough.

#11 Edited by believer258 (11991 posts) -

I'll probably buy it when it goes on a Steam sale. When playing through it on the Xbox, I felt like a good chunk of the difficulty came from the imperfect analog stick aiming, so I want to see if this game suddenly becomes a cakewalk with a mouse and keyboard.

#12 Posted by Atwa (622 posts) -

Played the game enough, might eventually pick it up if the price goes down very low on a sale. Right now I don't see myself replaying it with so much games in my backlog.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22056 posts) -

Beyond the obvious graphical improvements, RE4 is better than RE5 in just about every way. And no... maybe, dependant on if I ever spot it for cheap enough, like... £3 or something, at most.

#14 Posted by Chumley_Marchbanks (140 posts) -

I'll probably pick it up in a sale at some point. I've never played RE4 and so this is probably the best opportunity for me to experience it, although given how many other games are coming out in the next few months it can definitely wait.

#15 Edited by EuanDewar (5030 posts) -

@believer258: The Wii version was very mouse-like and while I did find it a degree easier I would also probably say it was my favourite version of the game. Resi 4 on an analogue stick is tense but with some sort of pointer it's just flat out great fun. A mouse isn't quite the same as pointing the wiimote at your TV but the principle behind it is fairly similar. I imagine the PC version will be pretty cool.

#16 Edited by Ezekiel (481 posts) -

Yes. I might wait until a discount, but I think the price is fine. I completed it four to six years ago on the Gamecube and I want to do it again on my favorite platform. I'm not the biggest fan, but it's more appealing to me than almost all the new games.

#17 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1380 posts) -

I have an IMMENSE love for RE4. I replayed it when it came out on Xbox Live Arcade and that was a wonderful revisit to 2005, but I don't see another re-release recapturing that experience again.

#18 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (442 posts) -

As much as I love Resident Evil 4, I don't really see a reason to buy this when I already have the PS3 version.

#19 Edited by Feels (85 posts) -

You know what? This'll sound crazy, but I never finished RE4. Or played any of the others before it for that matter. Must have played through RE5 around three times though.

Tried playing RE4 on the original garbage PC port, then again on the 360 HD re-release. Don't think I have it in me to try again. Cool game and all, I just got on the ship long after it set sail and simply can't get into it. Wish I played through it when it was originally released.

#20 Posted by CornBREDX (5623 posts) -

Probably. I never played it before because apparently the PC port was garbage and anyway at the time I was busy and not really paying attention to games.

#21 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2362 posts) -

I have already bought and played multiple times the gamecube, ps2, wii and xbox 360 versions. So yes I will be buying this.

#22 Posted by Nightriff (5152 posts) -

Steam sale I'll probably buy it just as an excuse to play it again. No more than $5

#23 Posted by Glottery (1322 posts) -

From my brief test before leaving to school...game runs good, but in slow-motion. Intro dialog ended maybe twenty seconds before the actual video did. Same with each cut-scene so far. Controls are...decent, I guess. Don't expect any great improvements (Dead Space 2 type of work-over would've been heavenly...) on that department. FPS is fixed on either 30 or 60. Can't turn on subtitles as of now...

So yeah, that slow motion thing is definetly killing the experience for me. I don't seem to be the only one, so hoping it'll get fixed. Once/if that happens, I could see myself getting into it better, hopefully.

#24 Edited by mrcraggle (1954 posts) -

I love me some RE4 but this version seems pretty janky from what I've been reading.

#25 Edited by Jagged85 (170 posts) -

I've played RE4 plenty of times before. I wouldn't mind having another go at one of the greatest games of all time.

#26 Posted by crithon (3322 posts) -

Been checking out the steam forums..... sounds really mixed and more unhappy gamers with the quality of the port.

#27 Posted by Glottery (1322 posts) -

Have played it for about an 1.5 hours now and my feelings are pretty similiar to my previous post. Switching over to 360 controller helped the experience some and made the mouse&keyboard scheme feel about as shoddy as the fan implented one in the original port. Sadly the slow-motion garbage is still there and only gets 'fixed' by switching over to 30 fps limit. It's playable, but even the low price I paid is starting to seem too much now. Hopefully it can be fixed with a patch.