Has anybody read the novels by S.D. Perry?

Tmhargreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have recently bought Zero Hour, which is the first chronologically in the series but won't have time to read it for a while. I was just wondering if anyone else has read any of the series and if so, what did you think?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yes, I've read them all. The first one came out when I was fifth grade, which is crazy to think about now. Anyway, if you read Zero Hour and don't like it, don't give up on them. I thought Zero Hour was by far the worst of all the novels. The rest are pretty good. Most of them are far better than novels based off of video games have any right to be. The ones based on the first two games, as well as the two original stories (Caliban Cove and Underworld, I believe they're called) are excellent. She even adds characters and other story elements to the universe not present in the games that definitely give them a more interesting edge. If you have any fondness for the lore of Resident Evil, especially if you wish it to be presented in a fashion that isn't corny and batshit insane, I think they're all worth reading.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I read the first couple. They were gifts. They're the usual middle school throwaway books-based-on-whatever. If you're still of the age where stuff like Christopher Pike intrigues you, I think they'd still be kind of shitty, but you'd at least be more in the target audience than I was.