Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 24, 2015

Revelations 2 sees the return of Claire Redfield, who along with the daughter of Barry Burton, Moira Burton, must try to escape from a monster-infested island. Meanwhile, Barry Burton himself makes his belated return as well in his attempts to save his daughter with the assistance of a little girl called Natalia Korda.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Confirmed with trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

So it seems a couple of images related to the existence of a Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is going around, discovered on Xbox.com. Which... hmm. First off it seems strange that they'd release a direct sequel to a spin-off, especially since as a spin-off it didn't really set itself apart too drastically from the mainline games. So to call it Revelations 2 as opposed to just Resident Evil 7 would be somewhat odd.

Though given the warmer reception to Revelations than RE6, I guess they'd rather keep that intact by sticking with this spinoff brand... I'll admit that I didn't think Revelations was especially great or anything, but it certainly showed promise, and for them to try again at mixing more exploration and horror elements into a Resident Evil game but with modern Resident Evil controls sounds OK by me. What with them also releasing a HD port of the remake at that, maybe this is Capcom actually sticking by their word in their attempts to take Resident Evil a little closer to its roots... That is if this thing really is legit of course.

Although seriously Capcom would you just fucking reboot this thing already.

EDIT: And it's official! Squeeeeee! New faces, new setting? That's what I'd like to hear! Crazy to hear that it's practically right around the corner, but then I assume it's obviously been in development for a while before its announcement. Given the relatively quick development cycle, though, I wonder if this'll in fact be a smaller, digital only release? Or will at the very least be priced lower than the norm. Whatever the case, I'm excited to learn more next week.

Trailer:

As expected it appears to be coming to PC and all notable consoles... except the Wii U weirdly enough. But then hey, if the REmake REmastering isn't even getting on there, then a whole new Resident Evil game has no chance.

Notice the weird wristbands they're all wearing. Given the tagline of ''Evil is Watching'', I wonder if that means this could actually be post-RE6 and everybody now has some tracking wristband on to detect their condition or what have you? Also, Terrasave shirt, which is the name of the human rights organisation from the Degeneration CG movie, which Claire Redfield is apart of. So, Claire Redfield involvement maybe?

Also, a zombie is shown to be wielding a pipe, so I guess that may means the zombies will again have the capacity to wield melee weapons like in RE6. Oh, and a photo of a boat; reference to Queen Zenobia from Revelations? As it progresses, the environment looks like a derelict prison, which would fit in line with that leaked screenshot. Oh, and itchy tasty reference at 1:03.

Also, I just realised that the song playing is a remix of the main menu music from Revelations. And the woman standing next to the table at 0:42 has the same stupid hairstyle as Rachael Foley.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Given the bizarre turn Capcom has taken recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something weird like this.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Quarters

Interesting. Thought Revelations was a bit of a step backwards, but it was fine for a spin off game. I'll gladly play more Resident Evil. That being said, I wonder if they're planning on pulling another situation like with RE6, where it was like a solid several months/year of various Resident Evil media, all leading up to the release of RE6. Considering the HD version of the REmake, and now the potential of this, maybe they're doing that again, but this time with RE7 as the climax?

Also, if they do reboot it, I still want a proper finale game first.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why would there be box art for the 360 version of a game that hasn't even been revealed yet. Seems fishy to me.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

Au contraire mon frere! If anything, Resident Evil Revelations 2 seems like exactly the kind of thing you'd put out as a stop gap to tide people over while you work on a full series reboot.

No disrespect to the original Revelations. I liked it well enough myself.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6 ArbitraryWater  Online
    @yummylee said:

That would make too much sense. More sense than making a sequel to Resident Evil: Revelations, a game that was totally okay for what it was but didn't blow my mind or anything. It's not like Revelation's "great" cast of supporting characters or "nonsensical even by Resident Evil standards" story are things I'd necessarily want to revisit.

But what am I saying? I'm going to buy this when it comes out. Because you and I carry the same curse.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Well, given that between Revelations and RE6, Revelations was the game that people didn't shit all over and declare a blight on the franchise, I can understand why they'd make a sequel to it. I suspect that there's still a Resident Evil 7 in development, but who knows what form that's going to take, what with Revelations 2 and the REmake remake already coming down the line?

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wish they would do an Outbreak type game. Seriously that game had interesting concepts that could be fleshed out. If done right, the game could be amazing.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I want it noted that I predicted the downfall of Resident Evil, starting with Revelations. I'd post a link, but I don't know if I'd get banned for posting a link to another website.

@yummylee, whaddup dawg?!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@matpaget: In a case like this, I'd allow it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I saw this. I don't know, but if it's true, I'll be pretty excited, though I'm not that excited to go back to new games on last-gen. I played Revelations relatively recently, and it was good, though the animations when shooting enemies was kind of stiff, which is probably my biggest complaint. I want an RE where they bring back all the surviving characters MGS4 style, but the main characters to play as are Leon, Jill, Chris, and Claire.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks, i'm good. I'll take a 1 REmake remake however.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to remember anything meaningful or interesting that happened in revelations. I keep coming back to the Metroid Prime scanning system and that's it. Which, is pretty funny.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

But what am I saying? I'm going to buy this when it comes out. Because you and I carry the same curse.

Correct you are.

@matpaget said:

I want it noted that I predicted the downfall of Resident Evil, starting with Revelations. I'd post a link, but I don't know if I'd get banned for posting a link to another website.

@yummylee, whaddup dawg?!

Aww shiiette, here comes trouble!

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I wonder if this will actually be a sequel storyline wise, didn't Revelations leave a bunch of nonsense up in the air? All I remember was the character design in that game was terrible, crazy anime hair and stripper uniforms.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's actually a Resident Evil 2 remake titled Resident Evil 2: Revelations.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@wampa1 said:

@yummylee: I wonder if this will actually be a sequel storyline wise, didn't Revelations leave a bunch of nonsense up in the air? All I remember was the character design in that game was terrible, crazy anime hair and stripper uniforms.

I can't really remember the specifics of what happens in Revelations... it's all so needlessly complicated, with all these different organisations and boring conspiracies ect. I guess it was supposed to primarily cover the... independance of the BSAA or something. In any case, I suppose the only loose end as it were is Jessica, who was unsurprisingly revealed to be a bad guy or whatever at the very end. I would have to assume it involves her in some way if this leak is to be believed anywhoo. Though that would also hopefully mean there'll be more Parker! Just about the only likeable new Resident Evil character to come out of that thing, mostly thanks to Kirk Thornton's performance. He was sorta like a cross between Barry and Carlos.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By GunstarRed

It kinda makes sense seeing as it isn't really tied into whatever the mainline story is at this point. It does have that cliffhanger ending in the cafe too.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Corevi

@fattony12000: The Revelation in Revelations 2 is what a Revelaiton is.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Parker being so similar to Barry made me just wish he WAS Barry, I mean technically Brad Vickers has been in as many games as he has. Where's the love for the orange vested one capcom?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man... I dunno... I'll buy it and most certainly be disappointed...

GET HYPE?....

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: It's always nice to find another that appreciates Parker as much as I do. I'll Buy You Lunch will always exist as a meme to me, in my heart.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By N7

Well I'll be getting Revelations(Not Revelaitons, unfortunately) soon so I'll finally be able to understand what this thing is. Hopefully I'll be excited, but seeing as Capcom made it, probably not. Either way, I'll know soon.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By N7
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revelations might be the only Resident Evil game I like, so great!

Except for the 360 part. Put it back on 3DS and we'll talk.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for official confirmation. Looking out for that new trailer, really want to give that another watch. What's notable is how it seems zombies may again be returning, and not the ooze kind like in the previous Revelations game.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By N7

I was scouring through the trailer and I found some frames of interest. I don't know what they mean, but they could be clues or something.

This is oddly specific looking.
    This is oddly specific looking.
    This looks like some kind of creature or something. Definitely not the eyeball thing.
    This looks like some kind of creature or something. Definitely not the eyeball thing.
    This is definitely the most interesting thing in the trailer. It's only there for one or two frames, but it's clearly a city. Also, is that the northern lights?
    This is definitely the most interesting thing in the trailer. It's only there for one or two frames, but it's clearly a city. Also, is that the northern lights?
    How do you like those (reference) apples?
    How do you like those (reference) apples?

I also spotted a painting that looks like it could be the Queen Zenobia from the first Revelations. It was also sitting next to a herb looking plant. Some other things, like the guy hunched over behind the child in the itchy tasty frame, which looks like something out of the ring. The drawing in the upper left corner that looks like a zombie. Then near the end of the live action stuff you see a guy in tactical gear on a walkie talkie, clearly not a zombie.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I remain forever hopeful that they'll pull off the magic once more. It hasn't really happened for me since RE4 but why not.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Resident Evil got weird after the Raccoon City stuff.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, was hoping that it would be on PS4 as well. Really interesting trailer. Wonder if it's post-RE6? I also wouldn't be surprised about Claire being in it, with the Terrasave reference and the fact that people have been clamoring for her for awhile. Interesting how the itchy tasty girl had her band start changing colors before the zombie touched her. I wonder if the infection is passing through the wristband, like an injection? Wonder if it has to do with Jessica stealing the virus at the end of Revelations. Very curious to hear more details.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad there are people like some of you duders who can pick out and notice all of the little or big references. I'm just watching going Oh look, there are like, zombies and bracelets and stuff" Meanwhile you guys are finding and point out things that could be plot details.

I really hope the Claire speculations are correct, she had such a big moment with Chris at the end of Code Veronica and theeeeeeen nothing, a part in an animated movie sure, but, that's it. Shoehorn in Rebecca as her partner too why not.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Early 2015 huh? I guess the original Revelations came out in January, so that makes sense.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

I'm so glad there are people like some of you duders who can pick out and notice all of the little or big references. I'm just watching going Oh look, there are like, zombies and bracelets and stuff" Meanwhile you guys are finding and point out things that could be plot details.

I really hope the Claire speculations are correct, she had such a big moment with Chris at the end of Code Veronica and theeeeeeen nothing, a part in an animated movie sure, but, that's it. Shoehorn in Rebecca as her partner too why not.

To be fair besides Chris, Leon and Jill that's precisely what happens with all the other characters in this series. Barry, Billy, Rebecca, Carlos... that guy from Dead Aim :P Though they did mention that this'll game have ''new faces'', which implies that even if Claire is to star in it that doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a playable protagonist, least not from a story context anywhoo. Given that Claire is pretty much the only notable anything regarding Terrasave, though, I think it's almost assured that she'll be in here somewhere.

I'm certainly not opposed to some new faces, too. Given how obsessed this series is with their leading lads of Chris and Leon, it'll be refreshing to see them try and create some new characters. Especially since their attempts at creating new characters in Revelations brought us Parker, who is easily one of the best characters in the series. Whereas most of the series' characters are kinda bland, Parker actually feels a little more human and has oodles of personality about him. He'll buy you lunch!

What I'm also particularly interested in is how this game will play. Will they continue with the model from Revelations? By basically having it play like RE5 while allowing you to move and shoot. Or will they keep with the diving around shit from RE6. That is if they don't again try something a little different.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, fuck that trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.