New gameplay videos outlining the basics. Update!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Update!

These two do feel a little superfluous, however, given that many of the actions shown in the videos occurred in the previous ones.

I really like the thumbnail for the first one at least... Claire does not look pleased.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty much modern day Resident Evil 101 stuff, but still it's nice to have it outlined like this, particularly for how it highlights some of the cooperative functions. Getting to witness it all play out in 1080p60 is pretty swell, too. They've said it'll run as such even on current gen consoles, which seems plausible enough given that it's a cross gen game, and for how it's not exactly matching up to Capcom's usual quality of work -- visually speaking.

Great to see the new and improved dodge mechanic in action. Especially for how you can swirl about at will rather than having to time it just before an attack; in the first Revelations I would always often pull it off by accident more so than when I actually tried to do it. Also shows off more of the instantaneous RE0-esque character switching, too. Especially interesting to see that you can change characters even while one's under attack.

One thing I now noticed that I had missed in previous videos is how the torch actually seems to make the enemies sizzle...

''Exploding bottles'' huh... Weapon parts (mods/perks/attachments/ectttttttt) also appear to be returning rather than being able to upgrade your weapon's stats.

Fucking yes Laser sight! To be fair even RE6 allowed you to switch to a Laser sight over the generic crosshair, however the first Revelations on consoles & PC did not, so I'm happy to see it's making a return. Melee attacks seem to function exactly as they did in the first Revelations, only now you require Moira to blind enemies first before you can perform Claire's roundhouse kick. Weird why they never shown Moira using her crowbar to execute a downed enemy in this video.

Weapon management looks similar to RE5 now too, rather than having to horizontally scroll between your weapons; as I've mentioned previously you can also hold up to four thisaway too as opposed to just three.

So... yeah, there you have it. Most of what's shown has already been disclosed in the past, but it's appreciative to have it bundled up into a neat series of overviews like this. It all basically looks like more modern day Resident Evil when all's said and done -- though definitely more in line with the first Revelations than RE6 I'm happy to say. That is besides that damn sprint... Be curious to see how this'll stack up against The Evil Within anywhoo; definitely looks to control a lot more fluidly, which may give it an edge for some people I'm sure.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Those videos are neat. They're almost like a demo.

Pretty standard stuff, but that's fine. The way she used the flashlight, though, looked like scanning from the last game. I was hoping it wouldn't return. I'm also praying those dodges aren't invisible QTEs, like in the last game. I want to be able to dodge always.

Everything about this game looks better than Revelations. I thought that was mediocre.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: I thought the original Revelations was OK (still gave it a 3/5 for my user-review mind), but I agree nonetheless that Revelations 2 is already looking to be a much better game, if not a more interesting one at least.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By dagas

Looking forward to it. I am getting into the series as of late. Playing all of them in a chronological order.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

There, I bumped your thread. Stop spamming me now.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope 'Exploding Bottles' isn't just some goofy mistranslation of Molotov Cocktails but an actual grenade in a fucking bottle.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@n7: ...Whatever are you talking about?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yummylee said:

@n7: ...Whatever are you talking about?

Oh. I just got like 10 emails from Giant Bomb saying you posted a new blog. I figured you were trying to get my attention. Then again the GB emails seem pretty busted so I'm gonna go ahead and turn this notifications off for now.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

And here's some more news:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well this looks promising! Fingers crossed that it's at least as good as Revelations with some new monsters and as little RE6 taint as possible. (I saw that monster man jump!) AND WHO THROWS AWAY WEAPON PARTS! ...at least before looking in the box...

I hope 'Exploding Bottles' isn't just some goofy mistranslation of Molotov Cocktails but an actual grenade in a fucking bottle.

Glass shrapnel grenade. I like it. But it's probably a Molotov. But we can hope.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I'd hardly classify that video as 'news' as they're not really saying much of anything. Just a lot of the typical ''she's stronger but still vulnerable'' ect.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@theacidskull: I'd hardly classify that video as 'news' as they're not really saying much of anything. Just a lot of the typical ''she's stronger but still vulnerable'' ect.

True, but it means that whatever version of Claire existed is gone now. Then again, knowing Resident Evil, she probably didn't have much of a character.

Just a question though(from the gameplay videos), why the fuck are the afflicted burning when exposed to light? Aren't these guys regular but tortured humans?

Also, I like the dodge mechanic, though it does make you feel more flexible and less crowded.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: They've seemingly made her out to be a little more rougher around the edges, gruffer, and a little more cynical even judging by her line of how a firearm is ''more reliable than any person'', which is also a reference to the same line Steve Burnside says in Code Veronica. Nonetheless, like most of this series cast Claire has never been all that distinctive so, whatever changes they've made likely won't stand out that much.

As for the afflicted, I dunno. Maybe it's because they've been kept in the dark away from light for so long or what have you; might even function later in the game where you can perhaps turn on searchlights to keep them at bay or something.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@theacidskull: They've seemingly made her out to be a little more rougher around the edges, gruffer, and a little more cynical even judging by her line of how a firearm is ''more reliable than any person'', which is also a reference to the same line Steve Burnside says in Code Veronica. Nonetheless, like most of this series cast Claire has never been all that distinctive so, whatever changes they've made likely won't stand out that much.

As for the afflicted, I dunno. Maybe it's because they've been kept in the dark away from light for so long or what have you; might even function later in the game where you can perhaps turn on searchlights to keep them at bay or something.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that they work on Moira. Whatever personality they give Claire, it'll probably work out anyways, since she doesn't have to be anything other than cliche to work within the RE universe, but Moira seems to be annoying me, and I can't pint point the reason. Maybe because I feel she'll be way to teen-edgy..

I hope they elaborate, I loved the entries and the audio recordings in TEW, since they provided more information about the creatures you were facing. The idea that these guys are not biologically infected is really cool, I just hope we get a bit more details on what it is they went through. Maybe I'm asking to much, I dunno.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for update! Albeit an unremarkable one...