New Raid mode details!

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

How do I unlock Raid Mode?

When you buy Episode 1 on February 24, it will include Claire and Barry's story mode content AND 54 Raid Mode missions spread across three difficulty settings. When subsequent episodes release they will also contain numerous additional Raid Mode maps - Episodes 2 and 3 will each add 36 missions to the mode, while Episode 4 tops things off with another 68 missions. All told there will be over 200 increasingly difficult missions; former Raid Mode players will recall how intense some of the maps and enemy waves became towards the end.

Will Raid Mode feature online and/or offline co-op?

Initially Raid Mode will be offline only (solo OR split-screen co-op). However, online play will be added shortly after the final episode (and retail disc) launch in March. The team has completed work on the story mode content and is now ensuring online Raid co-op will function as expected; while this means a slight delay in online play, the feature will be present down the road.

What is new to Raid Mode?

Lots! In addition to maps pulled not just from RER2 but also RER1 and RE6, Raid Mode also features numerous new weapons, custom parts for said weapons and four times as many character skills as before. You'll be able to unlock additional passive and active skills in a way that'll make your character unique. For example, you may unlock certain skills or attributes for Claire that a friend may not, and while you'll both be playing as Claire, the experience will be different.

What characters will be in Raid Mode?

There are 15 playable characters total; each new episode you buy adds more to your roster, or depending on what bundle you purchased you'll also have Hunk (digital Complete Season) or both Hunk and Wesker (retail disc). If you end up buying each Episode a la carte, you'll get the Episode-related characters with each new Episode, and Hunk/Wesker will be available as paid DLC.

Refresh my memory... there's episodes, a season and a disc?

Why, that's such a specific question and I have just the answer!

-Starting on Feb 24, you can pick up Episode I for $5.99. It comes with Claire and Barry scenarios plus Raid Mode content. Episodes 2~4 release each Tuesday for $5.99.

-If you buy the Complete Season for $24.99, you get all four episodes as they release + two add-on episodes + Hunk in Raid Mode

-If you wait for the disc for $39.99, you get everything listed here + 4 character costumes + Raid Mode 'Throwback' map pack + Wesker in Raid Mode and a nice box for your RE collection :)

-Regardless of your path, all content will be available for purchase, so you won't be locked out

Source

I didn't really play much of Raid mode in the first Revelations but I look forward to leveling up my Barry in this one! Also I'm kind of surprised by the amount of content there seems for the asking price. What do you duders think?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Raid mode was fun until about level 20 and then you hit an intense XP wall that forces you to grind missions over and over again. I really liked it and then I got there and it was just tedious. I really don't want them to just remake that with new levels and characters. I really hope they learned from their mistakes.

Regardless though, I'm not getting it for Raid mode so that's just a nice little bonus.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I'm not really digging that Wesker, my second favorite character in the series, is paid DLC. I'll have 5 extra bucks, so what the hell?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Over 200 missions. Yeah, right. It'll be tiny snippets of the levels from the main campaign split up into 5-15 minute chunks. The lack of online at release is ridiculous, but I understand why they've opted to do that possibly due to not everyone having every single part of the game.

I really, really, really hope they've rebalanced this one or made the leveling grind a little easier. I have absolutely no idea why they changed it from the 3DS version in the HD release of the first Revelations. At some point you will make barely enough money to afford anything other than replenishing your ammo, meaning you never really make any progress unless you go and grind out earlier stages for a billion hours.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@stealthmaster86: everybody knows the best raid/mercenaries character is hunk the face less merc with no mercy or remorse

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Damn it man, you broke my chain!..

It all sounds very much like the original Raid mode, though as previously stated I just hope the balance won't be so engulfed in mandatory grinding this time around. 15 characters sounds like a fair amount, a lot more than I was expecting, though that number likely includes costumes and some cameo characters from the previous Revelations if I had to guess. That the 'Throwback Pack' is made up of environments taken from Resident Evil games as far back as Resident Evil 6 is kind of hilarious... but also disappointing. I had at least expected they would have taken some levels from RE5.