New screenshots showing off some Rev 2's enemy designs.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Update 2!

There we have two more videos each highlighting a specific enemy. First is the Regenerator-esque Revenant creature, which looks like its weak points reside in its limbs similar to the necromorphs from Dead Space. I'm just surprised it took 'em this long to steal such an enemy design.

The one below shows off a new enemy called the 'Glasp', which looks to be completely invisible for Barry and requires the guidance of Natalia to pinpoint where it is. Ends on a pretty icky death animation, though not enough gibs for my taste. When my character dies in a horror shooter I want it to be as ridiculously violent as possible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update!

Really do quite like the look of the Sploder pulsating and expanding before ultimately 'sploding'. Strange why there's no Revenant video.

Also, it appears that Revelations 2's release schedule has been pushed back a week. No biggie, I suppose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy looks to be having the absolute worst day...
This guy looks to be having the absolute worst day...

Also included are some enemy descriptions for each of the new enemy types:

Revenant

No Caption Provided

''A creature made up of multiple bodies sewn together. Very tough and presents a real challenge even when facing just one of them. The virus that has multiplied inside them forms a 'core' which is a weak point you can attack for massive damage. If you use Natalia's special ability you can “see” where the core is on each enemy''.

Natalia's 'special ability' brings to mind having to use the thermal scope to pinpoint the exact locations of the Las Plagas parasites in the Regenerators in RE4.

Othrus

No Caption Provided

''Wild beasts infected by some kind of virus. Small, nimble and vicious, they attack in packs, so it's best to try to take each one out as soon as possible before they overwhelm you. They have been spotted in both Claire and Barry's sections."

Infected by some kind of virus?? Well I'll be damned! I hafta admit, these genuinely do look rather grotesque, even more so than the glued-together bunch of limbs up there. Their seeming lack of eyes and that weird, bloody vacuum tube for a mouth... Kinda resembles something from Doom 3.

Sploder

No Caption Provided

''A mutated version of the Afflicted. The pustules on their body can potentially explode when attacked so make sure you take them out from a distance. Their explosions releases a vile liquid which can blind the player, perhaps Moira's flashlight can keep them at bay?"

And of course we have our requisite Mr. Explodey.

In any case it all looks like pretty standard horror fare, though they're certainly much more, erm, inspired than the bland of the bland in the first Revelations.

EDIT: While these images aren't new, I figure I should post these alongside too, purely for the sake of having them all compiled together. I should have put 'em in here to begin with really...

giz us a hug
giz us a hug
No Caption Provided

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

That first one is great, like they took the regenerator and then turned the nightmare fuel nob up to 11. Jesus. I hope it makes a similarly terrifying sound.

I hope this game turns out to be good.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Regardless of the quality of Resident Evil games over the last few years, they've always had fantastic creature designs, even 6 has some really cool looking shit in it.

Also, leaked final boss.

No Caption Provided

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I couldn't be less excited for Resident Evil stuff since RE6......

Except of course for REmake HD. I've already got that pre-ordered.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That dog looks like a Silent Hill enemy

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of the quality of Resident Evil games over the last few years, they've always had fantastic creature designs, even 6 has some really cool looking shit in it.

Also, leaked final boss.

No Caption Provided

Exquisite. Also, the first Revelations' enemy design was kinda weak. Though I guess the giant fish Tyrant was goofy enough.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@yummylee: I think the hermit crab looking boss-thing looks awesome.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Wow, the backpack, hunting rifle, young girl combo. Not hiding the influences there eh Capcom? Between this and my first ever play through of remake (thanks for the very easy mode!) Looks like a decent year to be a Resident Evil fan.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil enemies are starting to look like belong from The Suffering. It used to be just giant animals, mutants, and humanoid plants.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The first two designs are "beautiful". I should probably get to the first revelations game before this one releases.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil enemies are starting to look like belong from The Suffering. It used to be just giant animals, mutants, and humanoid plants.

Not a bad comparison, though Resident Evil monster designs had gotten to be more elaborate since as far back as RE4 I'd say.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThunderSlash

@yummylee: True, you can see a bit of that philosophy going into the designs of stuff like the Garrador and the Regenerator. What I'm saying is that they need to revisit the William Birkin school of design and slap giant eyeballs on everything.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for update! Also included information pertaining to the delay, which I feel doesn't warrant a new thread as it's only a week.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I haven't played an RE game since I quit 5. The other revalations game was the one with Leon, Chris and Weskers kid right? or was that RE6? I can't keep all these games srtraight anymore. It's kind of cool you get to play as Barry and Claire but did I also see Rebecca chambers in there?

Anyway, I was taking a look at this to see if RE might be somthing I could get back into, but I don't think this will bring me back into the fold, I kind of tapped out when RE became an action/shooter game and was never a big fan of the addition of an AI buddy.

Also I feel the enemy designs for the most part lack "Dignity"...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa, each episode has stuff with both groups of characters? Didn't expect that, that's pretty awesome. Bummer about the delay, but oh well. Whatever they need to make it good.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo said:

So, I haven't played an RE game since I quit 5. The other revalations game was the one with Leon, Chris and Weskers kid right? or was that RE6? I can't keep all these games srtraight anymore. It's kind of cool you get to play as Barry and Claire but did I also see Rebecca chambers in there?

Anyway, I was taking a look at this to see if RE might be somthing I could get back into, but I don't think this will bring me back into the fold, I kind of tapped out when RE became an action/shooter game and was never a big fan of the addition of an AI buddy.

Yes, you're thinking of RE6. Revelations was the one that originally came out on 3DS and primarily followed Jill on a ship. And no, Rebecca Chambers isn't in Rev 2, as far as we know at least. The lady you mistook for Rebecca is Moira Burton, Barry's daughter.

@quarters said:

Whoa, each episode has stuff with both groups of characters? Didn't expect that, that's pretty awesome. Bummer about the delay, but oh well. Whatever they need to make it good.

I'm surprised by that, too. I figured one episode would exclusively follow Claire, then the next would follow Barry, and ect. I think I would have preferred it that way personally. Would have helped give each episode its own specific identity. If anything they maybe should have had Claire's story fill the first two episodes, with Barry featured in the latter.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By N7

@burgavo said:

No, the first Revelations was a Cooking Mama clone based around dating sim game design in which you play as Parker "The Barker" Luciano, a world famous chef in his quest to dine and wine beautiful women from past Resident Evil games. But all goes wrong when Jessica Sugarbutt shows up, a lost love from Parker's past. Experience the feeling of love, loss, and love again as Parker learns the only ingredient he's been missing, is Jessica.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By burgavo

@yummylee: OK thanks for the info dude, I kind of tuned out after 5 so no idea what's going in the RE universe these days.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: In hindsight, it isn't totally strange that they would do it like that. Revelations 1 was 12 episodes(or maybe 13), so if you add it up, all four episodes having two parts makes for 8 different levels, then add the two side stories from the Complete Season, and you get 10. That seems more reasonable.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It must be a hell of a job coming up with new monstrous looking people all the time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yummylee

Updated with a couple more videos!