#1 Posted by mosaic--defunct (5 posts) -

There are few truths in this world. It is true that River City Ransom is the best game ever.

You get to kick butt, eat lots of food, learn kung fu by reading books, and eventually get nude in a spa before facing the final villain. How awesome is that?

Also, BARF!!

Who is with me?!

#2 Posted by Alawishis (2 posts) -

Hell yeah River City Ransom!!!  don't forget about the Dragon Kick dude!! 

HELL YEAH DRAGON KICK!!!

#3 Posted by Twilit_Igniter42 (65 posts) -

This game was great.  Add an RPG element to Double Dragon and voila!  River City Ransom!  The game was awesome because you could use unconventional things as weapons, like car tires, garbage cans, and prone enemies!

Grand Slam + Chain = Untouchable

#4 Posted by Stormarrow (14 posts) -

And where else can you go to a store and order a "smile", free of charge? Only in River City Ransom.

#5 Posted by WhytePanther (107 posts) -

No, Acro Circus, then while still in midair, turn around and high-kick the dude in the head.  Pure awesome.  Not to mention the kick bouncing trick.  Just so much goodness packed into it.  Best brawler ever, without a doubt.  Nothing came close until the XMen Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

#6 Posted by MB (12381 posts) -
WhytePanther said:
"No, Acro Circus, then while still in midair, turn around and high-kick the dude in the head.  Pure awesome.  Not to mention the kick bouncing trick.  Just so much goodness packed into it.  Best brawler ever, without a doubt.  Nothing came close until the XMen Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.
"
I agree with you 100%!  I loved the Marvel/X-Men Legends games too! 
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by MB (12381 posts) -

This topic is over five years old, but who cares. River City Ransom is on 3DS eshop now, $4.99...time to see if it holds up after nearly 25 years!

Moderator Online
#8 Edited by Brackynews (4082 posts) -

@mb: On it. (Also the comment box is eating text left right and center, which is entirely unjustified.)

#9 Posted by Danteveli (1184 posts) -

Yeah River City Ransom gotta grab it

#10 Edited by crithon (3185 posts) -

are you Erik Wolpaw?

#11 Posted by Brackynews (4082 posts) -

@mb: Yup I'd say safe to get as far as emulation quality, but I didn't really doubt that.

If you don't have an XL you'll be disappointed by the window size, and even then... Max volume is still a bit low through speakers. SFX & music feel right.

VC buttons allow for playing XA or BA, with Y doubling as Select.

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

#13 Posted by MB (12381 posts) -

@brackynews: Thanks. I picked it up late last night and ripped through it in one sitting...tons of fun, exactly how I remember it from when I was a kid. I remember it being a lot more difficult though, but of course that's because I was 10 the last time I played this.

Well worth the five bucks.

Moderator Online