Quitting Penalities

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There needs to be penalties for quitting mid match. I will never do it but it pisses me off when I go 3v1 because people can't handle losing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every game should count exiting a game early as a loss. surprised this is still a thing

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not won a game yet because of this crap.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I totally agree. The general decorum of the player base has changed in this game over the past couple of weeks to where you can count on almost complete teams bailing out as soon as an early lead is established. I got completely fed up within 20 minutes of playing today.

Worse yet was a game I was playing where a team cleared out except for one player, then more players were brought in mid-match while down 2 goals and it started a revolving-door of drop-in/out for the rest of the match, and the entire roster bailed the second the final horn sounded. Less than ideal.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

I usually get worried when the other team has people bail because the bots AI is way too accurate with their shots. I never realized people disliked having bots on their own team.

SuperVHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it should count how many times you've quit early. People who keep doing can then get stuck with each other while the rest don't have to deal with it

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There needs to be penalties for quitting mid match. I will never do it but it pisses me off when I go 3v1 because people can't handle losing.

The developers have at least said that they're going to have a 15 minute lock out for anyone who quits a match early. They might also end up doing something else on top of that.

Loading Video...

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By poser

I agree in principal, but this game has a major issue with lag. I don't want to be punished for ditching a game when my ping is over 100.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

A smack on the hand!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I haven't ever quit myself, but surely if you quit midmatch you still lose as many ranking points as you would have done if you had lost?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Currently no, there's no downside to you quitting and almost every upside. If you quit, it doesn't count anything against you, you don't gain a loss and you don't drop in ranking.

I think they should implement a sort of Max Payne 3 approach to this. In the multiplayer of that, cheaters who were caught got flagged and would only be able to play with other cheaters. So in Rocket League, if you quit from too many matches then you get sent to games that only pair you up with other quitters until say you finish a certain amount of matches.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitting's for quitters, push the patch already.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

Everyone who quits early, forced to drive a clunker and a dunce cap. That's my solution.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't like quoting but sometimes it chugs really hard is basically unplayable

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16 sweep  Moderator

@none_braver said:

The developers have at least said that they're going to have a 15 minute lock out for anyone who quits a match early. They might also end up doing something else on top of that.

That sounds like a bad solution, especially when the servers are still prone to the odd hiccup that will boot you out to the menu for no reason.

@fr0br0 said:

I usually get worried when the other team has people bail because the bots AI is way too accurate with their shots. I never realized people disliked having bots on their own team.

There are no bots in ranked, if people quit you're on your own.

What also annoys me is if I have to keep playing 3 vs 1, I'm always going to lose, even if I get lucky and score a couple of goals - and the other players will get a huge boost to their rank which they didn't earn. And even though I struggle on by myself and play amazing, my rank is still going to go down.

Losing a match should not always mean dropping ranks, or at least it should mean you only drop a small amount if you have played well.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: Maybe a solution is to only award points based on how many players you're playing against. If you're 3v1 you get all your points reduced to 1/3 of the total value and vice versa the guy whose playing solo scores triple points? It doesn't solve people dropping out of games totally but it at least gives you the person whose still in it a reason to keep playing.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll stop leaving games early when the netcode is stable enough for me to play a game without jumping all over the goddamn pitch uncontrollably

rahlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I like to play till the last second. So many comebacks can happen with just the right bounce. Wish quitters would have a little more faith.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahlyn said:

I agree. I like to play till the last second. So many comebacks can happen with just the right bounce. Wish quitters would have a little more faith.

Yea, but you can't comeback when your whole team bails and its 2v1 or 3v1.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: Ah, apologies. Didn't know we were only talking about ranked matches. In that case, that's some bullshit right there and all quitters should be forced to wear a "DUNCE" cap on their car.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like the 15 minute timeout is in effect now. It also locks you out of ranked and casual matchmaking.

Now if only they'd stop dropping me into games that are half over already. I don't need to get into a match that badly, matchmaking wizards.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still get a ton of quitters...

Le sigh.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ohhh you mean that kind of penalty.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Honkalot

I have found at my level getting a bot as a replacement team member is more often than not okay as a substitute. But I find a game less fun when I know some on the pitch are not actual players.

As someone else previously mentioned though: In my experience so far when this game does lag it is completely unplayable. Going in a straight line the car will swerve meters left and right. And I end up on servers like that more often than every 10th game, easily. But whatever, games are 5 minutes and I can suck it up.

Ranked is sort of funky as well. I have spawned into ranked games that are me versus 3 opponents before the game clock starts. I would gladly see them make it so that quitting before the clock starts completely restarts the matchmaking, for ranked that is. What can I do when I am alone versus 3 and I also have no AI teammates to fill in.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've just finished a match were someone quit after an opening goal, so after a whopping 3 seconds. So still a ton of quitters around, meaning that people either don't know about the penalty yet or just don't fucking care.

Also they should add an option to mute typed out chat. I don't mind the annoying but simple spamming of the pre-made sentences but people actually typing shit are the worst (as people always are when given the power to chat/speak in any game).

I just had a dude trying to har/rass me the whole game for "camping in the goal", which is just ridiculous for so many reasons.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penalty is not in play for PS4 yet as far as I can tell.

@sessh: Do you mean like whine in the text box or just run into you? If he's running into you that's a legit tactic especially in Standard/Chaos. Unless the goalie is utterly amazing just sitting in the goal the whole game is not particularly viable; even some of the godlike goalies still play midfield a fair amount of the time.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sessh

@fredchuckdave said:

Penalty is not in play for PS4 yet as far as I can tell.

@sessh: Do you mean like whine in the text box or just run into you? If he's running into you that's a legit tactic especially in Standard/Chaos. Unless the goalie is utterly amazing just sitting in the goal the whole game is not particularly viable; even some of the godlike goalies still play midfield a fair amount of the time.

Okay, that would explain a lot. I really wonder why they'd choose to not apply them, though.

I was talking about the text box only and agree with you that running interference with the goalie is actually a good tactic and just sitting in the goal the whole time is completely useless.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sessh: Ah, yeah the textbox non emote people are pretty cancerous; but the text is super tiny so easy enough to just ignore them most of the time.

Of course emoting is a way of life.

As far as PS4 I believe you can only do updates on Tuesdays for most games so that's probably why.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@fredchuckdave: that was a PS3 restriction but games can be patched at anytime on PS4. The patch introducing the 15 minute ban from games released on Friday afternoon/evening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d692715a5c58
deactivated-5d692715a5c58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you quit you should get a loss (duh) and you should not be able to join another match until the one you left is finished. At that point people might actually stay because they wouldn't be able to play until it's over anyways.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't own the game but can their system detect between a rage quit (pulling connection) and a lose of connection? My internet is super fast but really unreliable. It'd suck to be punished because my internet decided to crap out.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

I've just finished a match were someone quit after an opening goal, so after a whopping 3 seconds. So still a ton of quitters around, meaning that people either don't know about the penalty yet or just don't fucking care.

Also they should add an option to mute typed out chat. I don't mind the annoying but simple spamming of the pre-made sentences but people actually typing shit are the worst (as people always are when given the power to chat/speak in any game).

I just had a dude trying to har/rass me the whole game for "camping in the goal", which is just ridiculous for so many reasons.

Yesterday my teammate in a 2v2 game hit the ball backwards from about midfield toward our net and when I missed it (wasn't fucking expecting my teammate to do that) and the other team promptly tapped in an easy goal, he just said 'lol' and then for the rest of the match stayed still or drove on the walls and told me that this game has tutorials, you know, and criticized the way I played. It was the real worst. I just did the "Thanks!" emote after every bullshit thing he said. I wish he just quit and it was a proper 2v1.

As far as the quitting in ranked games situation goes, it sucks, but the level of fun I have is just about the same as when someone does it in an unranked game and a bot takes their place because bots are not fun to play against. This is why it baffles me that people complain about being dropped into unranked games that are already in progress. It's either that or you get stuck playing against bots for the entirety of a match, and guess which one of those two things makes me want to stop playing the game?

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 years in prison.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penalties are definitely working now, I get a lot less ragequits in ranked games. Interesting side effect - I see a lot more crybaby shit on the text chat since this change. I guess those people used to just quit when their team sucked, now they bitch and moan instead.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sessh

I just tumbled down the rankings from about 880 points to 270, all because of a series of early quitters and rage quitters. Now every team is just terrible again and going after the ball all the time. It sucks.

So yeah, I notice no difference whatsoever. Instead of the time restriction they should just substract 50 points or so from the ranking score of every single quitter, maybe that would do something.

@yummytreesap said:

Yesterday my teammate in a 2v2 game hit the ball backwards from about midfield toward our net and when I missed it (wasn't fucking expecting my teammate to do that) and the other team promptly tapped in an easy goal, he just said 'lol' and then for the rest of the match stayed still or drove on the walls and told me that this game has tutorials, you know, and criticized the way I played. It was the real worst. I just did the "Thanks!" emote after every bullshit thing he said. I wish he just quit and it was a proper 2v1.

As far as the quitting in ranked games situation goes, it sucks, but the level of fun I have is just about the same as when someone does it in an unranked game and a bot takes their place because bots are not fun to play against. This is why it baffles me that people complain about being dropped into unranked games that are already in progress. It's either that or you get stuck playing against bots for the entirety of a match, and guess which one of those two things makes me want to stop playing the game?

That guy's on a level of stupidity when it comes to useless trolling that even I haven't seen in this game yet. Boy.

The bot thing is a bit of a double-edged sword really. On the one hand if kinda sucks to get dropped into a game were the score is 0:7 or something (even though it doesn't really matter in unranked anyway), so I understand why people don't want that and on the other hand there's the bot thing, which sucks for a variety of reasons: Except for being good at lining up shots, bots have pretty bad A.I. They are terrible at positioning themselves or properly setting up plays and, yes, they are boring to play against.

Somewhat of a solution would be to do two things: 1) improve bot A.I. and 2) making it so that people don't get dropped into games with a goal difference of 3 or higher and with a run time of less then 1 minute.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just assumed quitting was a loss.

Otherwise people would just be stopped dead on the field afk and be looking at twitter or something waiting for the clock to tick down.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The quitting doesn't bother me as much as all the rough play going on. I understand that people get knocked around when going for the ball, but I've noticed a growing trend of people messing with goalies, even when the ball is nowhere near that goal. Whether they're blowing me up, or knocking me around, it's killing the game for me. I wouldn't mind a penalty box or something. I'd like to keep playing, but at this rate, I can't see myself continuing. Play clean, folks.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin said:

The quitting doesn't bother me as much as all the rough play going on. I understand that people get knocked around when going for the ball, but I've noticed a growing trend of people messing with goalies, even when the ball is nowhere near that goal. Whether they're blowing me up, or knocking me around, it's killing the game for me. I wouldn't mind a penalty box or something. I'd like to keep playing, but at this rate, I can't see myself continuing. Play clean, folks.

This is a weird critique. Goalies are self-appointed; they aren't specially equipped or relegated to the goalie box, so treating them differently would be arbitrarily decided based on when the goalie decides to stop being one and leaves the box. You get points for blowing dudes up, and the goalie is a dude like anyone else. Blowing them up, repositioning them, and more importantly, robbing them of their collected boost is a smart move. That's just a part of the game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: Then it's a crummy part of the game. Repeatedly ramming someone into a wall while the ball is on the other side of the map isn't sporting.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin: Gotta be honest, I've never encountered that. Are you playing ranked? I play ranked exclusively and I don't get a lot of people (any, really) who play like idiots. Maybe give ranked matches a shot; the player base might have a different attitude in ranked than it does in regular play.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: I'll give it a shot, I guess. It seems like I'll be trading this current problem of mine for the widespread quitting issue everyone else has, though.