#1 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I had the first Rocksmith and there was lag between my HDMI cable and the t.v. Is that still a problem or did they fix this problem?

#2 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

Well, I mean, a lot of the problems with particular Rocksmith setups are on the part of the user, not the game. I actually played the original game on PS3 with WIRELESS speakers and I set my unit up well enough not to have problematic lag.

I am playing 2014 on the Mac (imac) and have noticed no lag at all.

#3 Posted by SomeJerk (3296 posts) -

It's a display thing, and in a very very small part due to the technology. TVs will really always have more latency to them than computer monitors, I and many others have found it worthy to invest and buy a new TV or monitor just for games. http://www.displaylag.com/ is a very good resource.

#4 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@somejerk said:

It's a display thing, and in a very very small part due to the technology. TVs will really always have more latency to them than computer monitors, I and many others have found it worthy to invest and buy a new TV or monitor just for games. http://www.displaylag.com/ is a very good resource.

Well, when talking about rocksmith setups, there are basically 3 things going on. You have the Realtone Cable, which is taking input from your guitar, you have the HDMI cable exporting the visuals to your tv, and you have whatever audio solution you choose exporting audio to your speakers.

Everyone uses the same Realone cable, for the most part, and there are a number of people who are fine with it, so that's not the cause of a setup not working.

The only other two factors are the audio and video which can each be configured independently. If your particular TV is slow to process the visuals from the hdmi cable, you can dial back the calibration on the audio so that it is playing slightly behind the video. This will give the video extra time to go from your unit to your tv and out to your eyes. Functionally, once you set it up correctly, one shouldn't even notice it.

#5 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

hdmi will always have lag. its not something you can fix in software. Send your audio out using analog. Analog = speed.

#6 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

You can adjust the amount of correction in the in-game options. I've got it to the point where it's no longer noticeable.