Any chance it'll migrate to other platforms?

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Rogue Legacy looks like an awesome game, but I am among the gaming populace who doesn't have a gaming PC to run it on (nor the funds/time to build one so don't suggest it). Has anyone heard news about it moving to Mac or, dream of dreams, a console or two?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GaspoweR

Nope, but I reckon Sony might be the one's to approach them first to produce it for PSN or the devs themselves might opt to publish it on PSN.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

RL plays best on a controller so it seems sort of obvious for it to appear on consoles eventually.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

Fairly sure you don't need a gaming PC to run something like Rogue Legacy.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the game's webpage, it says coming to Mac and Linux later so there is intent to bring it to other computer platforms, but nothing about any potential console porting.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenix654: What are your computer specs? It isn't exactly the most taxing game.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Rafaelfc

This game would be awesome on the Vita

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rafaelfc said:

This game would be awesome on the Vita

Wow that actually sounds like a perfect fit.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

3DS would be a nice fit too, would be a big hit on the eshop.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

Fairly sure you don't need a gaming PC to run something like Rogue Legacy.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By eskimo

Might run in boot camp or parallel

From Steam

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor:1.6 Ghz
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:X1950 Pro, 7900 GT
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:400 MB HD space
    • Additional:Windows 8 is currently NOT fully supported. Support for this OS will be available at a later date.
    • Recommended:

• Processor:2 Ghz
    • Memory:2 GB RAM
    • Graphics:HD 4770, 8800 GTX
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:400 MB HD space
    • Additional:Windows 8 is currently NOT fully supported. Support for this OS will be available at a later date
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

1. This game seriously does not take a lot to run it. I can run it on a non-gaming PC fairly well.

2. Given how ridiculously well this game seems to be selling and reviewing, I would be surprised if they didn't release it on anything else.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the developer is very small (5 people or less, I thought I heard), but yeah, the game sold well enough that maybe they'll be able to release it elsewhere.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Fearbeard

It would be silly not to. I'm willing to bet they could get some publisher support on the Playstation systems at least. This would probably be the perfect Vita game, and given Sony's big indie push I have to imagine they are at least considering talking to the developer if they haven't already talked to them.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should bring it to Ouya.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An updated version on PSN and Vita would be awesome.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@truthtellah: I have an ancient Sony Vaio that hasn't been on since George W. was elected and a Mac and a MacBook Pro.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the developer is very small (5 people or less, I thought I heard), but yeah, the game sold well enough that maybe they'll be able to release it elsewhere.

Wow, that small? That team must be working their asses off. They've been replying to the community on the Steam forums and have dropped two patches in the past week. Best of luck to those guys.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BisonHero

@ravenlight said:

@bisonhero said:

Wow, that small? That team must be working their asses off. They've been replying to the community on the Steam forums and have dropped two patches in the past week. Best of luck to those guys.

I was sort of estimating based off all of the portraits you find in the game (which detail their past games), almost all of which include "and after this project, most of the team left". Seriously, these portraits are pretty brutally honest about the team's past work and how much of a bummer it was that few of their past projects garnered much of a following.

Anyway, doublechecked just to be sure, and yeah, apparently Cellar Door Games is actually just two brothers at this point:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/cellar-door-games-on-greenlight-genetic-flatulence-and-roguelites

For comparison, the makers of Hotline Miami are also just a couple of dudes (though obviously they went and licensed some cool techno songs from various artists). And The Binding of Isaac was two dudes (though again, they got Danny Baranowsky to do music, so kinda three guys).

So it turns out some of my favourite games of the past 2 years are all from really small studios. Yay indies!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: I have an ancient Sony Vaio that hasn't been on since George W. was elected and a Mac and a MacBook Pro.

Depending on the year, your MacBook Pro should be able to handle it when it gets ported to Mac.

JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A PS4 Self-publish is close to guaranteed. Essentially free money.

Many people without gaming PC's CANNOT run this game. I get 15-30FPS depending on the area. Areas like the tower with mist effects drops it the frame rate to unplayable levels.

• i3 530 @ 3.3Ghz
  • 8GB RAM
  • HD 4300/4500