#1 Posted by BigDaddyTool (33 posts) -

STAR does admit that he got a bit lucky in this run, and he does take advantage of a few boss exploits that have since been patched out, but still....DAMN.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Awesome. I love this game.

#3 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

I really want to watch this because I've been wondering if there has been a speed run of Rogue Legacy, but I also don't want to spoil the final boss. Very much enjoying this game. It'll probably be my pick of the year.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

"Epic" you say?
If that's true then I will watch it and if it is in fact not as epic as you seem to try and tell me it is then I will cry

#5 Posted by Pop (2644 posts) -

I saw a 13 minute one. It's pretty crazy

#6 Edited by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

Considering the random nature of the game, speed running Rogue Legacy sounds both infuriating and stupid.

#7 Posted by gkhan (464 posts) -

Oh, for pete's sake, people, the name "Herodotus" not prononuced "Hero dotus"! It's pronounced more like "HEH-raw-d'tus" (roughly). It's not a name the game made up or anything, it's the name of a very famous and important old Greek dude who wrote the first (and, arguably, still one of the best) history books, appropriately called "The Histories". Ever seen the movie 300? You know, the one with Gerald Butler screaming "THIS IS SPARTA!"? That's (very loosely) based on Herodotus' recounting of the Battle of Thermopylae.

#8 Posted by FateOfNever (1848 posts) -

This is just another push of making me go deeper down the 'watching speed runs' hole. First it was catching up on Unprofessional Fridays and seeing the 23 minute or whatever Ocarina of Time speed run, then it was being reminded of the Symphony of the Night speed runs, and now this. I should find some other interesting/amazing games to watch speed runs of.

#9 Edited by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -

This is just another push of making me go deeper down the 'watching speed runs' hole. First it was catching up on Unprofessional Fridays and seeing the 23 minute or whatever Ocarina of Time speed run, then it was being reminded of the Symphony of the Night speed runs, and now this. I should find some other interesting/amazing games to watch speed runs of.

You should check out Cosmo's Wind Waker speedruns, of which he just took back the WR a few weeks ago. I can't remember who it was playing on the Ocarina video on UF, but I think it might've been him as well.