Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

He played a big part in my teenage years, the bombcast got me through a lot of hard times. Sometimes in was one of the main things keeping me going, it always felt like there was something to take my mind of things. I owe him so much and he'll never even know it. Cheers Ryan, love you xx

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

All the Eagle Rare and LaserDiscs in the world can't fill the void. But I'm trying both.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

My wife and I have decided to name our next kid Ryan. She knows how much your passing affected me and also found you incredibly personable and hilarious when she would watch videos with me. I'm still working on Taswell as the middle name but Ryan will be the name of our next kid. If he grows up to be half as charming, funny, personable, down to earth and just plain awesome, then I did my job.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

All of these year-end features only make me wish you were still here with us. 2014 was a good one, but it was missing you buddy.

Love you Ryan.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

My wife and I have decided to name our next kid Ryan. She knows how much your passing affected me and also found you incredibly personable and hilarious when she would watch videos with me. I'm still working on Taswell as the middle name but Ryan will be the name of our next kid. If he grows up to be half as charming, funny, personable, down to earth and just plain awesome, then I did my job.

That's awesome.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermike6 said:

@nightriff said:

That's awesome.

Thank you.

Quicklyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8108  Edited By Quicklyer

Listening to the bombcast from 4/28/09 (http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-04-28-2009/1600-82/) Ryan mentioned around 2:02:40 one of his favorite sandwiches was peanut butter & onion. I couldn't even imagine how that would taste, so I had to try it:

No Caption Provided

You continue to affect us in many ways Mr. Davis, and are greatly missed. <3

who42knows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a Monday, and I miss Ryan.

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summer Jams...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicklyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8113  Edited By Quicklyer

@nightriff: It was actually really good! I had another last night. It's surprising how little it changes the flavor, just makes it a little more sweet and gives it some extra heat after the bite.

Toasted is a must though, and maybe one too many rings in that first one. ;-)

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8114  Edited By nightriff

@quicklier: I'll have to try one now, that sounds interesting to say the least.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

The summer of 2012 had some of the best bombcasts Ryan made them gold

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan was a constant that accompanied me every wednesday for 2 years. His giggles still make me smile to this day.

Giant Bomb is a great mutating monster, but no matter how it changes, it will always have Ryan's feel in there.

JesusOfOurAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played through bioshock infinite a second time. Decided to look up the giant bomb coverage and there was Ryan. Miss you buddy....

MarekkPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddamn I miss this duder. Was listening to an old This Year... Collection and it is amazing how he livens up every conversation. The jokes just seem funnier when he was around. He was an excellent emcee for the podcast, consistently finding a way to pull out the best of any conversation and finding the funny.

I remember pretty vividly how I found out, still today. I was taking a summer school class and was haphazardly paying attention to the TA in the lab, browsing Twitter. I noticed a lot of weird, somber, or melancholic messages about Ryan and mentioning his passing. I couldn't believe it and rushed to the site to see Rorie's message. I remember pretty vividly Alex tweeting that he wasn't mad or angry at the people who didn't believe it, because he honestly couldn't believe it himself when he first heard.

It fucking sucks, man.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry christmas, Ryan.

OneFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry christmas, Ryan.

Came here to say the same thing.

*sniff*

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas Ryan.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It really warms my heart to see how many pages and pages of comments are from just this year. We miss you Ryan, and we'll never, ever stop missing you. Not ever. Not for a single moment, a single breath, a single beat of our hearts. You've got people who have never met you in person sobbing like children, even though it's been more than a year since you left us. I regularly see comments from newcomers who are discovering you for the first time, who fell in love with your humor and your personality just like so many of us did so long ago, only to have their heart break when they finally realize you're gone. It takes a very special person to touch that many lives so profoundly. You're the greatest man I've never met, and you probably always will be.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8124  Edited By Evilsbane

Happy New Year Ryan, every month without you makes it seem more like a dream.

Miss you duder.

dontsleep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss you dude.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Ryan, thought about you the other day. Just wanted to say I miss ya man.

I'll be going to Pax South this year, it'll be my first convention and some of the GB dudes are going to be there. It would have been awesome to meet you.

Hope you knew how much you meant to everyone.

ChristotheO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came to wish you a happy new year and share a story I tweeted to Brad shoemaker not too long after you passed. Miss you, man!

"@twit_ortiz: @bradshoemaker dreamt da other night Ryan was driving like a maniac through African savannah in a Jeep. We passed lions. Great fun. Miss him.

@bradshoemaker: @twit_ortiz haha, he would have been giddy as hell about that <3

@twit_ortiz: @bradshoemaker so I'm freakin out about his driving and I tell him 'U got nothing to lose, you're already dead!' And of course he guffawed."

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Still missin' Ryan. Vale Ryan Davis

gonzosnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8129  Edited By gonzosnot

Still missing you buddy. King of the Driveway forevermore.

Lando81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't sleep. Miss ya duder.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still can't believe he's gone. Listening to some old Bombcasts, and it feels like he's still right there in that recording studio. Just hasn't been the same without you, duder.

ogto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not doing any ryan davis agdq donation thing this time? or i didn't see it?

hallben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8133  Edited By hallben

Every time I do anything to do with GB be it visit the site, listen to a podcast or watch a video... I miss Ryan. :(

mickelboy182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8134  Edited By mickelboy182
No Caption Provided

Found in Australia.... Hehe.

CaptainErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8135  Edited By CaptainErock

I was watching some YouTube clips from Jimmy Kimmel's Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #5, didn't expect to see an @taswell comment used. That was a really strange feeling. (sorry if this has already been shared, I couldn't find it anywhere in the forums) "@taswell Really, Mark Ruffalo? That's the face you're going with? God this movie's gonna suck"

Loading Video...

WalkmanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back here again I guess. Still missing you Ryan.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I met Ryan really briefly during PAX East 2012. It was straight after the GB panel. Just a quick hello. Was just thinking about it today and how much I miss seeing him on the site. Such a big wonderful personality. We miss you Ryan.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I've been listening to old bombcasts and watching old features a lot. Damn the words are so hard to find. I miss you Ryan Davis.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've just started a new job and Giantbomb is keeping me company, goddamn Ryan was funny. Brad at one time talks about a music game or something similar and he mentions that the saxophone in the game has the color code blue and Ryan has the brilliant comeback " Blue? I thought sax would be brown!....Cause they're SHIT! "
Amazing moment #384850

pharmacynical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if I've ever written a post on an article that wasn't in some methodically dumb character. I rewatched the quick looks of silent hill shattered memories (laughed when ryan yells I have psychological issues as the car crash occurs), Medal of Honor... All abeard? (Laughed when ryan yells oh no our tanks when tanks are dropped from a plane), and leisure suit larry box office bust (laughed when Ryan describes his troubles engaging in the quick time events with the overwhelming sexiness distracting him). He had so much charisma in ways that elevated the premise of watching a video of a game with guys talking about it. He had this incredible knack for inventing impromtu narratives especially based on bad glitches that transmuted any part of the experience of watching videos me commentary. I know everyone misses him. I miss him a lot. I miss the wars between him and jeff about featuring the nintendownload express on the podcast. It's late. I love giant bomb unflinchingly but it's still difficult as a remote audience member to get over his absence. Miss you ryan.

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm somewhat late to the giant bomb party and missed all of Ryan's old stuff, I've since gone back and consumed a lot of the old content available here and I find it strange that I miss someone that was already gone :/

Dynamitekyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss you, man.

Icarus85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been living alone the last few weeks, every night when i go to sleep i put on an old podcast with Ryan to keep me company while falling asleep. Just hearing him talk about random stuff is kinda comforting. I miss him... He was such a funny dude(er).

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started listening to the bombcast about two months before Ryan died. Real shame. I recently got a new job which gives me a lot of free time, so I started from the beginning, with the Arrow Pointing Down beta. I'm glad that Ryan will live on eternally in the videos and audio of Giant Bomb. There are few men more deserving of immortality than he.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep wondering what he'd think of what's going on now. There's a little bit of negative space in the world.

rojano17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss you papa bear, big hugs wherever you are.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally got the courage to watch the CAH PAX tribute panel to Ryan (for the longest time, I simply couldn't) and it was amazing. I haven't laughed that long and hard in ages. And when John Vignocchi came up to the stage with tears streaming, I broke down in seconds.

To this day, whenever something dumb/funny happens, I think "What would Ryan have said about this?". I probably always will, too, since he (and Jeff) have made a huge impact on my own sense of humor. Although I'm an atheist, part of me needs to believe that his spirit is out there laughing his head off at all the glorious stupidity that's gone on since 2013.

I miss your charmingly garrulous ways, man. I also spent the last half hour lost in thought between typing the last paragraph and this one, because dammit, I'm still almost two years later mourning a person I've never met outside of the briefest e-mail exchange ever, and that's fucking crazy.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I watched Grosse Pointe Blank and it got me thinking about Ryan. Miss you duder!