#1 Edited by RabidMango (3 posts) -

Not sure exactly when but when I fire my dubstep gun the audio is very quiet. I thought I messed with my audio settings or something but a friend I play coop with told me he had the same problem from his PC at home. Anyone have the same problem? Better yet, anybody know how to fix this? Thanks!

#2 Edited by billymagnum (559 posts) -

if you cant fix it in the sound settings, its probably a bug. try maybe verifying the integrity the files, if you have steam that is...

#3 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2950 posts) -

If you're playing the steam version, there's a good chance this is yet another of the numerous bugs introduced by the patch from a few days ago. They're supposedly working on a patch to fix that patch, but no official word in a while.

#4 Edited by dizzuncan (8 posts) -

SPOILER STUFF

When I first got the Dubstep gun in simulated Steelport, I used it and the gun worked fine. The only other time I used it was

during the mission when you're required to use it while Kinzie is wearing the Poodle Skirt. When I used it in that case, the volume was low, but I thought that because of the scenario, it was supposed to be like that, so I didn't think much of it. I didn't try using it again back in simulated Steelport, so it never occurred to me that it was actually a bug.

#5 Posted by chiablo (847 posts) -

Did anyone actually find the dubstep gun useful at all?

#6 Edited by Capum15 (4571 posts) -

@dizzuncan: Yeah, that happened to me in that specific mission, but I used it after and it was fine for me. Never had the issue outside that mission.

@chiablo said:

I fully upgraded it and used it for about 80-90% of all weapon-related fighting. It's pretty fucking great at combat.

Edit: Man, I've been double posting with a single click a few times the past few days. Noticed others too.

#8 Edited by Mike76x (555 posts) -

SPOILER STUFF

When I first got the Dubstep gun in simulated Steelport, I used it and the gun worked fine. The only other time I used it was

during the mission when you're required to use it while Kinzie is wearing the Poodle Skirt. When I used it in that case, the volume was low, but I thought that because of the scenario, it was supposed to be like that, so I didn't think much of it. I didn't try using it again back in simulated Steelport, so it never occurred to me that it was actually a bug.

Same thing happened to me on the Xbox. I've had a few bugs that I though were part of the game until I reloaded it.

#9 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (914 posts) -

@mike76x said:

@dizzuncan said:

SPOILER STUFF

Same thing happened to me on the Xbox. I've had a few bugs that I though were part of the game until I reloaded it.

I believe that it is suppose to sound mest up in that level because there was no dubstep in the 50's, then Matt Miller uploads a dubstep song a little later in the mission.

On the PS3 version i haven't had a problem other then that specific mission where i assume it was intentional.

#10 Posted by slowbird (1517 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Well, I upgraded it all the way as soon as possible, but yeah. I find it to be the second best gun for my play style once it's upgraded. The only gun I like more is the black hole gun which runs out of charge fairly quickly though.