• 86 results
Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Troy Baker vs Nolan North: Which one will you / would you choose in SRIV? (227 votes)

Troy Baker (Known for: Booker, Bioshock Infinite | Joel, Last of Us | Snow, FFXIII | Kanji, Persona 4 | and more) 53%
Nolan North (Known for: Nathan Drake, Uncharted | Desmond Miles, Assassin's Creed | Penguin, Batman: Arkham City | and more) 47%

Assuming they're the only two choices for a male boss. This is a toughy.

#1 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Robin Atkin Downes.

#2 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Troy Baker/Voice 1 for my first, "canon", playthrough. Nolan North for my second playthrough.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11396 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

While he was my choice in SRTT (and loved him), I'm afraid I'm going with Nolan North, because he's American. Unless the game explains how a Brit because the US president.

#4 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

Troy Baker. I enjoy him more. Also, Nolan North has never told anyone to get bent.

#5 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

While he was my choice in SRTT (and loved him), I'm afraid I'm going with Nolan North, because he's American. Unless the game explains how a Brit became the US president.

Because Saints Row?

#6 Posted by leinad44 (537 posts) -

No contest. Troy Baker is the better voice actor IMO.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -
@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

This.

If i was playing the game of course anyway.

#8 Edited by Deathstriker (335 posts) -

My guy in SR is always black (modeled after me) so neither one of them would fit him. The black voice actor has always been good so hopefully he's still around.

#9 Posted by Quarters (1862 posts) -

I don't know if I can imagine a Boss that doesn't have the black dude's voice. That just IS the Boss to me.

#10 Posted by EXTomar (4943 posts) -

I would get one actor to voice the character while the other actor voices their internal monologues.

#11 Posted by TheHT (11786 posts) -

I'm really goddamn torn on this. I think I'm gonna have to play through this twice with both voices.

#12 Posted by Superfriend (1585 posts) -

@extomar said:

I would get one actor to voice the character while the other actor voices their internal monologues.

Is.. is that a feature in SRIV? I don´t know, but that could lead to some hilarious stuff in cutscenes..

#13 Posted by BBAlpert (1576 posts) -

Female 1 all day every day.

The one true boss in my Saint's Row canon is basically FemShep.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14723 posts) -

Troy Baker. He's no Laura Bailey, of course, but you know.

#15 Posted by EXTomar (4943 posts) -

@extomar said:

Is.. is that a feature in SRIV? I don´t know, but that could lead to some hilarious stuff in cutscenes..

It was either that or pick one of the actors to do the voice of the main character but pick one of the "female voices" or "zombie voice" to do the internal monologues/voice overs.

#16 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

Female 1 all day every day.

The one true boss in my Saint's Row canon is basically FemShep.

That's funny, cause Female 1 and FemShep are good friends IRL.

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4494 posts) -

My compass only points one way

#18 Edited by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

The only choice really.

#19 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -
#20 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

Laura Bailey....cause fuck the male voice options. Her VO is miles above anything they do.

#21 Posted by joshwent (2352 posts) -

Always feel better being a lady when I'm brutally murdering hundreds for fun. Is that sexist?

#22 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5991 posts) -

Oh man, there's three separate voice actors(Laura Bailey,Troy Baker and Nolan North) I want my character to be voiced by. Guess that means three playthroughs.

#23 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1649 posts) -

I am so into the fact that the poll has been pretty much 50/50 the whole time.

#24 Edited by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

Nolan North, but only after I've done my Laura Bailey playthrough

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

I don't know how to vote because I don't know which one of them is Laura Bailey.

#26 Posted by Capum15 (4996 posts) -

Female 1. Laura Bailey is pretty damn good in 3. Next run, probably Troy because Kanji. Then Nolan North.

@extomar said:

@superfriend said:

@extomar said:

It was either that or pick one of the actors to do the voice of the main character but pick one of the "female voices" or "zombie voice" to do the internal monologues/voice overs.

That would be the most amazing thing ever. You could act like a zombie with a human mind.

#27 Edited by SkankinPacman (102 posts) -

Have to go with Troy Baker. He just IS the boss of the Saints.

#28 Edited by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

My boss has been english since I started playing the game with SR2. So he will always be that guy.

#29 Posted by The_Ruiner (1139 posts) -

Neither. Hispanic female voice all the way.

#30 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Neither. Hispanic female voice all the way.

From what I'm to believe, the Hispanic female voice unfortunately isn't returning. Neither is the Russian Lady voice at that, though there's the return of an African American female voice, and SRIV will be introducing a saucy French lady Boss, too. So, silver lining and all that :P

#31 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4987 posts) -

Nolan North. I have not had my Nolan North fix in a while but I almost overdosed on my Troy Bakers.

#32 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

It's really hard not to play as Laura Bailey when you can play as Laura Bailey. It's also really hard not play as Troy Baker, make him look like Kanji and run around crushing all the gangs.

Femshep is pretty damn badass though.

#33 Posted by RecSpec (3930 posts) -

Nolan North because it's the joke voice. I'd probably pick the Troy Baker voice again, but I don't think I'll be playing it twice.

#34 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Cockney guy.

#35 Posted by mikey87144 (1806 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

Can't go back.

#36 Posted by Nubikal (107 posts) -

Neither of those are the Cockney voice.

#37 Edited by Ghostiet (5322 posts) -

Laura Bailey.

#38 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Whichever sounds like what I picked in 3. Whoever that was.

Also, quit pretending you pick girl voices because you appreciate their acting haha

#39 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -
#40 Posted by WarlordPayne (705 posts) -

Neither. Laura Bailey was way too good in SR3, I have to choose her again.

I'll probably go Nolan North for a second play through.

#41 Posted by Fistoh (120 posts) -

Considering I don't see either as the true voice of The Boss (Robert Atkin Downes), I'll say that generally I prefer Troy Baker's work.

#42 Edited by Maajin (1088 posts) -

Always be (Laura) Bailying.

#43 Posted by cbarnes86 (558 posts) -

I'm interested to see how self aware the Nolan North lines are considering the voice option is just called "Nolan North"

#44 Posted by Killercombo (234 posts) -

Laura Bailey, just finished the game on PC with my Female Character.

#45 Edited by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

Troy, I guess if I've got to pick one of those two... But I'm going to go for Laura Bailey, so there...

#46 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Before The last of us i would have said Troy, purely because he seemed to have a much better range.

After the credits rolled though and i realised who Nolan had voiced, i was legitimately impressed by his performance, both of them in fact put in a great shift - couldnt really call on this one!

#47 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Nothing against Nolan North, but I'm enjoying Troy Baker's work more at the moment. So I guess I'd choose him.

#48 Edited by oodli (114 posts) -

111 votes and still 50/50, this is amazing.

#49 Posted by DonutFever (3537 posts) -

So tough to say. I'm leaning towards North, because he isn't in as much as he was before, but they'll both be amazing.

#50 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Both talented voice actors, so far North has proven he has more range. Did you know he was in the last of us? I sure didn't till the credits rolled, point made.