You can buy the Scrolls beta apparently.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gaminghooligan

From scrolls.com:

Hello!

I thought it would be nice to clarify what’s included in the Scrolls beta, and to clear up some questions I’ve received. Here we go!

What’s the deal with the “Beta” status?

On June 3rd, you’re able to purchase Scrolls for £13/€15/$20. It’s not feature complete, but there’s still plenty to get your teeth into. Buy it at this discounted price and you’ll get future updates for free. It’s like that other game, the one with Creepers.

So yeah, looks kind of cool, thoughts and impressions?

I personally really like the art design.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

It's a card game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My favorite part of Scrolls is the part where I pretend that it's the next Elder Scrolls games because Bethesda thought I would think it's the next Elder Scrolls game.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aviar

So has anyone picked this up yet. I was looking forward to it when it was announced, but I kind of feel like I'm not interested now.

Just curious if it's actually any good and worth the $20 bucks.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

I think I got a key for it with a copy of PCGamer a while ago, not sure.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By gaminghooligan

@aviar: I haven't yet, I'm waiting for a QL or good word of mouth on this one before I bite. Looks kind of interesting, but so did Banner Saga Factions, and I got tired of it after about two days (and it was free)

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By reisz

I suppose considering the heritage this should be a really big, important project but I couldn't be less interested. I hope people really get into it.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ive been playing it for a few hours now, it's fun.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard

Ive been playing it for a few hours now, it's fun.

This! What deck did you choose? We should play a game, learn some together.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also picked it up and having a good time, it will be interesting to see how often they update it with new cards though, that will determine how addicted i get as right now the selection seems a bit slim with 140ish cards spread between 3 resources.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dixego

So... how does it look?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morningstar

@chavtheworld: I went for Energy. Too bad the starting deck is so small, and you need at least 50 cards in your deck. There are some in mine that I want to get rid of. Doing well against the AI so far, but against real people Im losing a lot, like in all card games I play :p

@dixego: It looks great, and very clean. They've done some good things with the UI I feel, although the deck builder needs some improvement.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is pretty fun. My strategy is to do the trials first to learn the game and save up for another deck, so I have yet to play the game online. Although the AI isn't the best, It seems like it never really change lanes and take advantage of your mistakes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

So why would anyone play this as opposed to Magic the Gathering? - the PC/Console version not the physical card one.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you meant Elder scrolls, ill just leave then.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar: I went Order, which, after watching some live streams, I have gathered is the hardest deck for a new player to grasp >.> (And possibly the weakest premade!) Yeah there are some of the starting cards that are meh, but that's why you gotta get dem packs so you can make your own. If you wanna play a match against someone who is more your level let me know! (And we still get Gold for the first 5 matches of the day too.)

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azrailx

im enjoying the game quite a bit, nothing ground breaking but fun. I started with growth and have been building it nicley.

If anyone ever wants to trade let me know, ive got some rare oranges and blues id be willing to trade =)

juiceton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purchased it and am enjoying it so far. Haven't played too much yet. Just trying to consistently play through AI first, then attempt people. Shall we start a chat channel there?

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that would be pretty cool, can get sum fun games in and do some fair trades =)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bollard

@azrailx: @juiceton: Yeah! "Giantbomb", join up!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Did they bring back wind racers?

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Willza92

Beta? Beta!?!? "It's not feature complete."

Do these fuckers know anything about how this industry works? I am not complaining about the game, just the misuse of standardized terminology in an industry that has enough problems standardizing as it is. That annoyed me more than it should have done.

But seriously, BETA!?!?!?!

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked this up last night and started with growth. Played a few trials, enjoying it so far.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LikeaSsur

From scrolls.com:

I thought it would be nice to clarify what’s included in the Scrolls beta, and to clear up some questions I’ve received. Here we go!

What’s the deal with the “Beta” status?

On June 3rd, you’re able to purchase Scrolls for £13/€15/$20. It’s not feature complete, but there’s still plenty to get your teeth into.

That's not a beta....

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By radecau

@chavtheworld: Missed you by a few hours but I'll be sitting in the "Giantbomb" channel whenever I'm on if you want a game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@radecau: No worries, timezones and all that are awkward :P I'll be in there every time I'm on too. Shame it doesn't auto-rejoin though.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COunt me in as someone who picked this up and is enjoying it so far, in limited experience. It's a deckbuilding card battle game - if you don't like the genre, this isn't for you. IF that doesn't turn you off immediately, the "sacrifice cards for mana" mechanic has forced me out of the gate to play a style very different from how I usually play this kind of game.

See some of you in Giantbomb chat.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to lie I totally thought this was about the Elder Scrolls Online Beta when i read the thread title. I guess Bethesda was right after all.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altngr: I've only seen other duders in there once sadly (Branthog and a fella from the GB DOTA community), but I try and have the channel open when I'm on!

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Order? Energy? Heathens. It's Growth for life, SUMMON MOAR WOLVES!

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up. Decent enough but needs a lot more cards to be truly tactical.

With such a limited selection it's quite hard to fully eliminate the luck-factor like you can with a more established TCG.

Currently rocking a Gravelock deck which has been fun. Especially with a bit of sprinkled growth...

If only I could get some Fertile Soils at a decent price, my deck would be make me smile like a mad-man!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scrolls is like TGC chess. That dosnt mean it is a bad thing.

What it means to me is matches become so tense and so much about position ON TOP of decl synergy. It really drains me and feels so much of a commitment to a game I get put off it.....and I play DOTA!

Probs cos I play Dota I'd prefer a more relaxing game. In the vein of Yu gi oh.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho: What deck do you play? I'm still struggling along with Order. Any time I feel confident enough that I know what I'm doing enough to play Ranked I get by ass handed to me and don't really see what I could have done to win.

Anyway, if there are still GB dudes playing, it'd be cool to have some matches some time. I do wish they'd release Decay already though.

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, if there are still GB dudes playing, it'd be cool to have some matches some time. I do wish they'd release Decay already though.

Their adding a friends list in the next update (about time, beta or not it's hard the fathom releasing a game like this without that feature) so this'll be much easier.

Also Order is for jerks :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

The fact that the "Official Scrolls Launch Trailer" has a player called "gingerwithasoul" makes me believe that @jensonb has been playing the shit out of this game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bollard

@evilashe: Sweet! We can start collecting GB duders usernames then.

Also, order is haaaard.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jakob187 said:

The fact that the "Official Scrolls Launch Trailer" has a player called "gingerwithasoul" makes me believe that @jensonb has been playing the shit out of this game.

Not guilty!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensonb said:

@jakob187 said:

Not guilty!

Don't you lie to me. We all know that you've been fighting for ginger equality rights in the Ugandan territories for some time. Just another part of your master plan for world domination, I see.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

@jensonb said:

@jakob187 said:

Not guilty!

Don't you lie to me. We all know that you've been fighting for ginger equality rights in the Ugandan territories for some time. Just another part of your master plan for world domination, I see.

Well sure, that's a matter of public record. But I've been way to busy to beta test Scrolls. I mean, have you ever considered the logistics of supplying a group of ginger persons with enough SPF 50 to engage in an insurgency on the African Continent? Cos that's a lot of sunblock.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensonb said:

@jakob187 said:

@jensonb said:

@jakob187 said:

Not guilty!

Well sure, that's a matter of public record. But I've been way to busy to beta test Scrolls. I mean, have you ever considered the logistics of supplying a group of ginger persons with enough SPF 50 to engage in an insurgency on the African Continent? Cos that's a lot of sunblock.

So......................................................like, five dollars worth of sunblock? Ten?

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chavtheworld said:

Also, order is haaaard.

Well they finally added a friends list but I doubt we have enough players here to justify a whole thread to collecting user names. I'm Evil_Ashe.

Orders new cards look pretty scary, especially Redeploy :(

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A scam to go along with his other scam... the man has yet to complete his original "game" made millions and left his original project unfinished to start another.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bollard

@evilashe said:

@chavtheworld said:

Also, order is haaaard.

Well they finally added a friends list but I doubt we have enough players here to justify a whole thread to collecting user names. I'm Evil_Ashe.

Oh the friends list is in is it? I saw the crafting system but didn't realise that was up too. I'm Bollard, if we get a few more names I will throw up a friends thread anyway.

Have you seen the new Decay cards? I think when Decay is out I will be all over this game like a rash again. Hopefully we can buy a precon to get us started.

EDIT: Oh yay, they added Wings Shield at last! Also lol at the miscellaneous update "Removed Herobrine".

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A scam to go along with his other scam... the man has yet to complete his original "game" made millions and left his original project unfinished to start another.

What? Minecraft was finished like two years ago.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilashe said:

@chavtheworld said:

Also, order is haaaard.

So, uh, what's the value of Redeploy? Because I just bought 4 order scrolls... and got 2. :O

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, uh, what's the value of Redeploy? Because I just bought 4 order scrolls... and got 2. :O

I haven't seen it in action yet but I'd think it could be used to take a strong row that's been bogged down and just shift them all to the other side of the board to stomp an unprotected idol. In a case where you've lost 2 already it'd be a permanent "win" card you have to watch out for and guard against.

Though maybe in practice it sucks :) I got my Sister of the Bear who looks like she has an eating disorder :D

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilashe: Hahah nice, I just made my first Tier 2 Honorable General. They are the core of my deck so I wanna get all upgraded ones :D