#1 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm really worried this game is going to completely fade into the ether in the next few years. Admittedly, even everything on Steam is one or two versions of Windows from imploding, but I'd like to be able to think there's at least some option for playing it after Microsoft inevitably turn the 360 servers off...

#2 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@evilnights said:

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm really worried this game is going to completely fade into the ether in the next few years. Admittedly, even everything on Steam is one or two versions of Windows from imploding, but I'd like to be able to think there's at least some option for playing it after Microsoft inevitably turn the 360 servers off...

Why would the game stop working once they turn the servers off?

#3 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@evilnights said:

Why would the game stop working once they turn the servers off?

Well, it's a download-only game, so it won't even be available. Any situation where I have to replace my 360 or I recommend it to someone else is going to end badly, no?

#4 Posted by Rorie (2697 posts) -

@evilnights: So far as I've heard, Epic wasn't really interested in moving forward with it after seeing how much more profitable Infinity Blade was for them. Apparently Infinity Blade made them toooooons of money, so that's what they've been having Chair work on. I doubt they have many plans to continue support for it, although I really loved the game.

Staff
#5 Edited by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

@jeff get Chair on the phone and tell them to stop making tons of money on infinity blade because @evilnights wants Shadow Complex on PC.

Infinity Blade - "The most profitable game we've ever made, in terms of man years invested versus revenue, is actually Infinity Blade. It's more profitable than Gears of War."

#6 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3023 posts) -

Indeed, I bet the whole Orson Scott Card comments a few years back didn't help this game in the general public eyes.

#7 Edited by believer258 (11636 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

@jeff get Chair on the phone and tell them to stop making tons of money on infinity blade because @evilnights wants Shadow Complex on PC.

Infinity Blade - "The most profitable game we've ever made, in terms of man years invested versus revenue, is actually Infinity Blade. It's more profitable than Gears of War."

More than evilnights wants this game on PC. After getting a PC, my Xbox became virtually useless except for a brief two days where I beat Halo 4 (EDIT: and Forza Horizon) over Christmas, so I don't really want to spend money on it. Plus I'd like a copy that will sit on a server somewhere for a much longer time than 360 games.

#8 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@evilnights: Just in case, you can put it on USB drives if that's a worry. Mine is in an external hard drive.

I don't think leaving some servers open to let you redownload games from your download history is out of the question.

#9 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@rorie: Yeah, I've always suspected that was the case.

Can't really begrudge Chair for it, but it's a shame that's how it worked out. Especially since Chair's M.O. back then was very much along the lines of "Nintendo weren't gonna do it, so *we* did!" and now they're not gonna do it either.

#10 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

Shadow Complex still did really well. I don't think it's impossible for another to come out, with the first game included.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11699 posts) -

Yes, yes they should. It would be nice to play this at some point :|

#12 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

I vaguely recall Cliffy B saying something about a sequel going forward but I guess after the runaway success of Infinity Blade they put it on hiatus?

A real shame, that game was so much fun! They should do away with all the Orson Scott Card bullshit and just release some kind of spiritual successor!

#13 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'm all for more Shadow Complex.

#14 Edited by Moonshadow101 (555 posts) -

It was a good game, but with all the hot press OSC has been getting lately, he's kinda toxic.

#15 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11477 posts) -

Shadow Complex is so good guys. But it's also 4 years old and published by Microsoft, two things that make it being ported... unlikely. It sold alright, if I recall correctly, but when matched against the money juggernaut that is Infinity Blade it's obvious why Chair hasn't made a sequel.

Also, it bears remembering that the books Card wrote are based on the game and not the other way around. He was hired by Chair back when they were working on a more ambitious project in that world that was canceled. I'm not defending the indefensible things he's said, I'm just saying that his connection to Shadow Complex is so tenuous that I don't think it's worth getting upset about. If people want to boycott the Ender's Game movie? Yes. I will accept that is a totally valid thing to do.