Chair should really do a PC port.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm really worried this game is going to completely fade into the ether in the next few years. Admittedly, even everything on Steam is one or two versions of Windows from imploding, but I'd like to be able to think there's at least some option for playing it after Microsoft inevitably turn the 360 servers off...

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@evilnights said:

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I'm really worried this game is going to completely fade into the ether in the next few years. Admittedly, even everything on Steam is one or two versions of Windows from imploding, but I'd like to be able to think there's at least some option for playing it after Microsoft inevitably turn the 360 servers off...

Why would the game stop working once they turn the servers off?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@evilnights said:

Why would the game stop working once they turn the servers off?

Well, it's a download-only game, so it won't even be available. Any situation where I have to replace my 360 or I recommend it to someone else is going to end badly, no?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@evilnights: So far as I've heard, Epic wasn't really interested in moving forward with it after seeing how much more profitable Infinity Blade was for them. Apparently Infinity Blade made them toooooons of money, so that's what they've been having Chair work on. I doubt they have many plans to continue support for it, although I really loved the game.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

@jeff get Chair on the phone and tell them to stop making tons of money on infinity blade because @evilnights wants Shadow Complex on PC.

Infinity Blade - "The most profitable game we've ever made, in terms of man years invested versus revenue, is actually Infinity Blade. It's more profitable than Gears of War."

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed, I bet the whole Orson Scott Card comments a few years back didn't help this game in the general public eyes.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@bigjeffrey said:

@jeff get Chair on the phone and tell them to stop making tons of money on infinity blade because @evilnights wants Shadow Complex on PC.

Infinity Blade - "The most profitable game we've ever made, in terms of man years invested versus revenue, is actually Infinity Blade. It's more profitable than Gears of War."

More than evilnights wants this game on PC. After getting a PC, my Xbox became virtually useless except for a brief two days where I beat Halo 4 (EDIT: and Forza Horizon) over Christmas, so I don't really want to spend money on it. Plus I'd like a copy that will sit on a server somewhere for a much longer time than 360 games.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilnights: Just in case, you can put it on USB drives if that's a worry. Mine is in an external hard drive.

I don't think leaving some servers open to let you redownload games from your download history is out of the question.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Yeah, I've always suspected that was the case.

Can't really begrudge Chair for it, but it's a shame that's how it worked out. Especially since Chair's M.O. back then was very much along the lines of "Nintendo weren't gonna do it, so *we* did!" and now they're not gonna do it either.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Complex still did really well. I don't think it's impossible for another to come out, with the first game included.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yes, yes they should. It would be nice to play this at some point :|

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm all for more Shadow Complex.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Moonshadow101

It was a good game, but with all the hot press OSC has been getting lately, he's kinda toxic.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Shadow Complex is so good guys. But it's also 4 years old and published by Microsoft, two things that make it being ported... unlikely. It sold alright, if I recall correctly, but when matched against the money juggernaut that is Infinity Blade it's obvious why Chair hasn't made a sequel.

Also, it bears remembering that the books Card wrote are based on the game and not the other way around. He was hired by Chair back when they were working on a more ambitious project in that world that was canceled. I'm not defending the indefensible things he's said, I'm just saying that his connection to Shadow Complex is so tenuous that I don't think it's worth getting upset about. If people want to boycott the Ender's Game movie? Yes. I will accept that is a totally valid thing to do.

Savior82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shadow Complex Remastered has been rated by Pegi.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

About fucking time...

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I presume all that Infinity Blade money has dried up now? They kinda flogged that horse.

Not that I don't believe you @savior82 but do you have a link for that? What are they actually doing to call it a 'Remaster'? Have they said?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! This game is one of those that has stuck around in the back of my mind but I never really got around to even buying it, if it's getting a re-release on Xbox One and/or PC I'll definitely play it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I presume all that Infinity Blade money has dried up now? They kinda flogged that horse.

Not that I don't believe you @savior82 but do you have a link for that? What are they actually doing to call it a 'Remaster'? Have they said?

They're calling every other re-release on new consoles a 'remaster'. The Last of Us has 'remastered' as a sub-title on PS4 and it's identical to the original, 'cept for the updated visuals. So I'd imagine 1080p and 60fps is the remastering case for Shadow Complex as well, with any DLC included, if there ever was any. Maybe some modern leaderboards stuff too, since that seems to have spread to a whole bunch of games currently.

I haven't tried the backwards support for it yet, though the crew talking about it and the story behind the crazy QL they did definitely got my interest up. So I'll likely pick up the assumed re-release at least.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you have the epic games launcher, you can install this for free right now!

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god... I was sure this would never happen and I'd never be able to play this. Installing now, it's too bad I have to go to bed so I can work tomorrow :(

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Man. I'm excited for this. Shadow Complex is one of my favorite Metroidvanias, right up there with the Castlevania games for the DS.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow! This was one of like ten games that made me (slightly) upset I built a PC instead of buying a console last generation. Fantastic.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing the Epic Games Launcher is getting hounded at the moment. I can't get it to load the marketplace. I've always wanted to play this and I finally have the chance!

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#26  Edited By Sin4profit

wow, i can't figure out how to get anything from the Epic Game's Launcher that isn't dev assets...this thing sucks.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can I install UT4 with this Epic Games Launcher? Or was that just some temp beta a while ago?

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MeMonk

@csl316: You can install the new UT

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By boboblaw

It's neat to see this get a PC port and a remaster but its not the announcement we really wanted. As someone who played through Shadow Complex at least twice when it first came out and tried going back to it with the backwards compatibility I have to say its not aged that great. At the very least its good to see Shadow Complex getting some much needed attention from Chair.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sin4profit

@memonk: do you have to install the Unreal Engine first? because no games are showing up in the marketplace in the launcher.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@memonk: do you have to install the Unreal Engine first? because no games are showing up in the marketplace in the launcher.

Restarting the app worked for me.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti

Hmm it seems they are using it partly to promote their launcher/platform on the PC a bit more, which hey seems like a fair trade off.

Gonna get it as soon as I get back home, always wanted to play it.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boboblaw said:

It's neat to see this get a PC port and a remaster but its not the announcement we really wanted. As someone who played through Shadow Complex at least twice when it first came out and tried going back to it with the backwards compatibility I have to say its not aged that great. At the very least its good to see Shadow Complex getting some much needed attention from Chair.

Its not really a re-master, its just the game running in higher resolution with the same assets as far as I can tell.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: So far my experience with their launcher is about as good as Uplay...

@sadsadsad: trying that now but it says my credentials are invalid...then locked me out of my account...requested an email to change my password 15 minutes ago and still no sign from Epic. - nope wait, just now got the email to let me know my account's been locked, still no password request though. Great job Epic.

I guess i'll give it a day

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao...Epic servers still messed up.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

seems to be working now

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really wish they gave this away through Steam. Just installing the launcher has been a pain in the ass.

exogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: all the games are on the tabs up top. you flip to a tab and click "install."

unreal tournament is still pre-alpha and open to everyone, highly recommend checking it out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks that I have to download a launcher, but there was like two minutes between me downloading the launcher and me starting the Shadow Complex download. Between this and Just Cause 3 generally running like butter, maybe I've just been pretty lucky lately?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dudeglove: Woah that's awesome! More cool assets to learn with for all the fledgling game developers out there.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By glots

This isn't half-bad. Being a pretty old game, it's great to see it run perfectly smooth. Gameplay feels surprisingly good as well and the levels don't seem *that* complex at least, the main reason for why I gave up on Axiom Verge eventually.

That story, though...seems about as cliche as your straight-to-dvd action movie could be...and this really is Nolan North before he became Nolan North, eh? I hope he just had a shitty script to work with, because Jason just going "Oh no." upon seeing his girlfriend taking a fist to her face a couple of times unsold me on the characters. But I guess gameplay is the king here.