#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -
#2 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5724 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: People who like good games I suppose. Good thing Ouya didn't fail.

#3 Posted by probablytuna (3731 posts) -

Hooray?

#4 Edited by maccyd (79 posts) -

I didn't even hear of this: bad promoting I suppose? They'll be back with a lesser goal and a less ambitious game, probably, most big failed kickstarters do.

#5 Posted by Amikron (334 posts) -

@maccyd: Pretty sure it was talked about on here before, I think Patrick did a story about it even.

#6 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11914 posts) -

@maccyd said:

I didn't even hear of this: bad promoting I suppose? They'll be back with a lesser goal and a less ambitious game, probably, most big failed kickstarters do.

This is the second, less ambitious kickstarter. The first one was asking for 1.35 million for the first episode of an episodic series.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6650 posts) -

@maccyd: After one cancelled Kickstarter (that would've failed) and a failed second Kickstarter, I seriously doubt they'll be back. If they want funding, they're going to have to explore other avenues.

#8 Posted by OurSin_360 (937 posts) -

I guess the whole thing about their lore (lure?) master being an accused child molester derailed the kickstarter. I don't know much about the Shadow of eternals, but every other game they made was pretty bad so i don't know.

#9 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -

That's a shame. Despite all the baggage that game sounded promising.

#10 Edited by Hunter5024 (5810 posts) -

Looked kind of cool. Sort of a shame, but who knows what would've happened if they got all that money. I'm sure promoting these crowdfunding things wasn't cheap, so they're probably in a worse position than they were before they started the whole mess.

#11 Posted by maccyd (79 posts) -
#12 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

That's really too bad. I threw in 5 bucks, since it looked promising. Maybe they'll try again through other means.