Wow its crazy to see my little indie fighter on the site

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By leejunfan83

Hey Duders I hope you guys don't go too hard on my little fighting game. But I have to say it is surreal to see my game on the site since i've been a part of this site and community since it's inception. If anyone has any questions about the game feel free to share I'd love to give some insight on it's development. :)

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can't even play as Gza!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: I'd love to have the original members of the clan included but it isn't easy getting their attention. I am in contact with some of the extended members of the group like Cappadonna and that may lead to something greater. :)

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: I'd love to have the original members of the clan included but it isn't easy getting their attention. I am in contact with some of the extended members of the group like Cappadonna and that may lead to something greater. :)

Best of luck man, congratulations on getting it out.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83 said:

Best of luck man, congratulations on getting it out.

Thanks I appreciate it :)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Don't know much about it, but I can say the art looks pretty awesome.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Don't know much about it, but I can say the art looks pretty awesome.

Thanks I really put alot of effort into since I didnt have any money or team. It's still a work in progress and there will be a bunch of upgrades and free content released in the future :)

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@leejunfan83: Not a fan of fighting games personally, but good luck! (Jeff mentioned this on UPF which reminded me of this thread).

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jeff mentioned your game on UPF today. Saying that they should probably check it out.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope your game does great dude! =)

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff: Yeah kinda cool but scary at the same time. I hope he doesn't go too hard on my game it's not meant to be a hardcore fighter.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Congrats on getting your game out there!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@leejunfan83: Heads up - your game is on UPF today :D (Jeff before the first fight - "This seems pretty good. I can't tell you if the game is any good, but its heart is certainly in the right place")

pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3SRrRViEA

Two Best friends play made a video on your game....No such thing as bad press i guess

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff said:

@leejunfan83: Heads up - your game is on UPF today :D (Jeff before the first fight - "This seems pretty good. I can't tell you if the game is any good, but its heart is certainly in the right place")

I just released an update today not sure if they played the latest build but still cool that they covered my little game nonetheless :)

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3SRrRViEA

Two Best friends play made a video on your game....No such thing as bad press i guess

Lol it's all good. The game is still pretty early and a lot has been fixed since that video went up. :) . I'm trying to patch the game every day or every other day based on feedback and things.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@leejunfan83: They made it sound like the gameplay can be tighter, but holy hell you nailed everything else.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@leejunfan83: They made it sound like the gameplay can be tighter, but holy hell you nailed everything else.

Thanks I'm trying my best with no resources or team. I'm just a regular guy whose passionate about martial arts films. I couldn't even see the video because I can't afford an subscription at the moment. I apprectiate the coverage and criticism though :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@leejunfan83: You worked on this game? Nice! The soundtrack is amazing. At least in what I heard on UPF.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: You worked on this game? Nice! The soundtrack is amazing. At least in what I heard on UPF.

Yes this is my game that I am currently working on. :)

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

This game could really become something special. I LOVE the 'old VHS I bought at a thrift store' feel of the art and presentation. Keep at it duder!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game could really become something special. I LOVE the 'old VHS I bought at a thrift store' feel of the art and presentation. Keep at it duder!

Thanks that really means alot I appreciate the kind words :)

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who loves classic 70's Kung Fu movies, you have really nailed the look. May I ask where the music is from? Also, great work!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who loves classic 70's Kung Fu movies, you have really nailed the look. May I ask where the music is from? Also, great work!

I actually licensed the music from a company who has the rights to alot of the music featured in the Shaw Bros kung fu films. The company is De wolfe music.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really is a small world sometimes.

Tell me more about your passion for martial arts films.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

It really is a small world sometimes.

Tell me more about your passion for martial arts films.

I basically grew up watching old kung fu films and playing obscure fighting games lol. I've always wanted to play a fighting game that tried to capture the feel and theme of old kung fu films. I was born in the 80's so I didn't get to experience any of the kung fu cinema inspired games like Shaolin Chambers for the Amiga it was a bit before my time. Games like Kensei for the psx and Shaolin Lord of the fist for the psx were pretty cool to me though.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looked pretty rad on UPF. Any plans to add online MP or just focusing on SP and local? I loved the the look of the game but the gameplay did look a bit stilted. I'll probably end up picking it up tho.. maybe tomorrow... seems like a steal for 13 bucks.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@leejunfan83: Must be surreal, dude. Wish you all the best with the game!

wait, there wasn't a wutang fighting game until now?

Loading Video...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

as a resident fighting game fan..... meh. I don't feel like pulling out a sega saturn fighting stick for this.

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morello

From watching it on UPF the style and the sounds were great. Like Jeff said, if it could be tightened up that would be good. The throw / grapple animation with Snake Fist jumping on their opponent and jabbing them, and the two characters gradually sliding down looked really nice, not just in the context of this game. I really hope you can continue on with what is obviously a passion project and keep improving it, because it has a lot of charm and a lot of potential. Best of luck and good work!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The character models looked awesome. The only thing that seemed off (from watching it) was the transition between animations. Gonna be cool to see it polished up.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Looked pretty rad on UPF. Any plans to add online MP or just focusing on SP and local? I loved the the look of the game but the gameplay did look a bit stilted. I'll probably end up picking it up tho.. maybe tomorrow... seems like a steal for 13 bucks.

Thanks. I am actually working on Multiplayer but I can't promise it will make it in. The game is being updated regularly there will be a bucnh of additional characters, modes, moves and tweaks added to the game through out the year.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: Must be surreal, dude. Wish you all the best with the game!

@dudeglove said:

wait, there wasn't a wutang fighting game until now?

Loading Video...

Yeah it really is surreal :)

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By leejunfan83

@flashflood_29 said:

The character models looked awesome. The only thing that seemed off (from watching it) was the transition between animations. Gonna be cool to see it polished up.

Thanks it's being updated regularly :) I hope can deliver on its potential :)

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morello said:

From watching it on UPF the style and the sounds were great. Like Jeff said, if it could be tightened up that would be good. The throw / grapple animation with Snake Fist jumping on their opponent and jabbing them, and the two characters gradually sliding down looked really nice, not just in the context of this game. I really hope you can continue on with what is obviously a passion project and keep improving it, because it has a lot of charm and a lot of potential. Best of luck and good work!

Thanks i'm trying my best :)