#151 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -

Count me in fellow mayor duders/duderettes!

Origin ID: newhaap, Zone: US I guess (not 100% sure what that refers to yet)

#152 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (954 posts) -

Well, I was playing in one of the regions for about 2 hours and then when I went to close the game, it apparently decided not to sync (and there's not any manual save feature I can see), and the thriving Bradville was lost forever. Fucking Christ, EA, really?

#153 Edited by juice8367 (443 posts) -

<p> Hey guys just started a region call GiantBomb 1. Msg me to join.

I'm planning to go from a mining town to an education town.</p>

Edit: apparently the servers didn't sync so i lost it all... Dammit

#154 Posted by Slay3r1583 (613 posts) -

Origin ID: Slay3r1583

Not sure if it makes any difference but I picked US East 1 as the server.

#155 Posted by Th3irdEye (258 posts) -

Just played through the tutorial. Going to bed now but add me so we can build a Giant Bomb utopia!

Origin ID: Th3irdEye

#156 Edited by LaserJesus (56 posts) -

Made a region named La Bomba Gigante, 16 city region. PM me with your origin ID if you want to join. My ID is TheLaserJesus.

#157 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -

@fobwashed: I found Duderland! And have so far built a nice little town with horrific traffic problems, called Luchallama's Creek. The neighbor cities of Cardiff and um, another one with a long name have been very kindly sending me their garbage trucks to haul out whatever mess my sims manage to produce.

#158 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@newhaap: Needs More Wobble Bass has got you covered on all sorts of things, but now I'm going bankrupt for some reason ...

This game is complicated.

Edit: Trying to figure out how to restart my city and I'm coming up short. Crippling gridlock has screwed my city. Firetrucks/police/ambulances can't get anywhere in time. Now everyone is dying, crime is rampant, and fires are out of control. Plus, building roads on any kind of elevation change sucks.

#159 Posted by san_salvador (145 posts) -

@newhaap: Needs More Wobble Bass has got you covered on all sorts of things, but now I'm going bankrupt for some reason ...

This game is complicated.

Edit: Trying to figure out how to restart my city and I'm coming up short. Crippling gridlock has screwed my city. Firetrucks/police/ambulances can't get anywhere in time. Now everyone is dying, crime is rampant, and fires are out of control. Plus, building roads on any kind of elevation change sucks.

This sure sounds like the typical giantbomb city. ^^

#160 Posted by Fobwashed (2076 posts) -

@newhaap said:

@fobwashed: I found Duderland! And have so far built a nice little town with horrific traffic problems, called Luchallama's Creek. The neighbor cities of Cardiff and um, another one with a long name have been very kindly sending me their garbage trucks to haul out whatever mess my sims manage to produce.

My city is an unfortunate mess. Windmills, while pollution free, seem to give off random amounts of electricity. I get brownouts all the time =( Welcome to hell!

#161 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Anyone know how many players can be in one region?

#162 Edited by theimmortalbum (498 posts) -

Origin ID - theimmortalbum

Add me so I can pollute you all!

#163 Posted by Chaser324 (6556 posts) -

@sexytoad: The largest regions have room for 16 cities.

#164 Edited by Aniawn (22 posts) -

Looking foward to building a city on a large region.

Origin ID - Aniawn

Server - North America West 1

#165 Edited by DurgerTime (9 posts) -

Origin ID - DurgerTime

Anyone got a region up and running already?

#166 Posted by Fobwashed (2076 posts) -

My city has gone to utter shit. I was doin alright but then earthquakes followed shortly by a meteor shower decimated my population with fires. Losing a bunch of residential buildings all at once caused my income to drop like a rock. I did slowly rebuild but even with a bond I couldn't keep up with my costs. I tried to restart from scratch, but I'm not sure that's even possible. Is there any way to remove a city entirely and start over or are there just going to be abandoned cities everywhere?

#167 Edited by chainreaction01 (179 posts) -

@fobwashed: I'd recommend turning off or destroying anything that costs money. So long as you have roads you can pretty much recover from everything and essentially start from scratch. Either that or ask a friendly neighbor for some money to get you going again.

Edit: And also thanks to whoever started Magic on the Blacktop on US East 1, I've been settling it pretty nicely.

#168 Edited by Vash10 (37 posts) -

Origin ID - Vash10

Feel free to add me. I've yet to make a region, but I'm up for it.

#169 Edited by Gonmog (585 posts) -

I'll join a few regions. Gonmog add me playing in some randoms now.

Ok, if anyone is up to start a region now let me know. Im making a new one (Duder Country or something lame) right now. Prob a 16 but maybe smaller.

#170 Edited by minorinya (177 posts) -

Origin ID: Seraphinya

Let's do this.

#171 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

My city has gone to utter shit. I was doin alright but then earthquakes followed shortly by a meteor shower decimated my population with fires. Losing a bunch of residential buildings all at once caused my income to drop like a rock. I did slowly rebuild but even with a bond I couldn't keep up with my costs. I tried to restart from scratch, but I'm not sure that's even possible. Is there any way to remove a city entirely and start over or are there just going to be abandoned cities everywhere?

This is pretty much what I was asking/wondering. I got backed into such a corner that I had to just grab a new plot up by you. I already had three bonds out and turned off basically all non-critical buildings and I was still several thousand in negative cash flow. Turns out people don't like high crime, death, and raging infernos. Oh well, since I'm starting from scratch by you just try to hold out and I'll see if I can gift you some money. You can only do it in increments of 10k and my brand new city might take a bit to get there. And don't be afraid to use the region chat in the top-left corner to let us know what's going on.

@san_salvador: But ... it wasn't supposed to be this way!

#172 Edited by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

Wish i could be playing with you duders, but i have to wait... :(

#173 Posted by JSwan13 (282 posts) -

Im down

Origin - JSwan1313

#174 Posted by Fobwashed (2076 posts) -

@fobwashed: I'd recommend turning off or destroying anything that costs money. So long as you have roads you can pretty much recover from everything and essentially start from scratch. Either that or ask a friendly neighbor for some money to get you going again.

Edit: And also thanks to whoever started Magic on the Blacktop on US East 1, I've been settling it pretty nicely.

I did turn off all buildings that cost money, but everything just went to hell. And as more people left, I'd have to turn off more and it'd cycle till I just gave up. There really needs to be a way to just start fresh without going through that madness.

@fobwashed said:

This is pretty much what I was asking/wondering. I got backed into such a corner that I had to just grab a new plot up by you. I already had three bonds out and turned off basically all non-critical buildings and I was still several thousand in negative cash flow. Turns out people don't like high crime, death, and raging infernos. Oh well, since I'm starting from scratch by you just try to hold out and I'll see if I can gift you some money. You can only do it in increments of 10k and my brand new city might take a bit to get there. And don't be afraid to use the region chat in the top-left corner to let us know what's going on.

@san_salvador: But ... it wasn't supposed to be this way!

Haha, so you're the other abandoned city in that region =P I felt bad to be sure abandoning the city, but less so since it was already done once before. . . As I said before, there really needs to be a way to just delete a city and start fresh otherwise it screws the others in the game =\

#175 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

After playing in a bunch of random regions full of people shortly abandoning their cities, I've decided to turn to my favourite vidja game community to see if I can actually manage to take advantage of these intercity features.

My Origin ID is JellyMarmalade.

#176 Edited by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -

My origin name is "sirdesmond" and I'd love to join a region with some fellow duders. Just beginning to feel like I kind of grasp the working of this one.

#177 Posted by Tweeg (5 posts) -

My Origina ID is Tweeg

I'm up for a fresh region.

#178 Posted by ErTDaemon (46 posts) -

Really don't like these UK Friday release dates now....

#179 Posted by juice8367 (443 posts) -

Anybody know how to invite to region?

#180 Edited by StealthRaptor (529 posts) -

If you want to add me my id is "thechosenkitty". I'm an east coaster.

#181 Edited by Gonmog (585 posts) -

@juice8367: Click on a empty city lot and there is a button to invite.

#182 Edited by Jace (1094 posts) -

I'm playing as Fat_Pearl

#183 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -

Of course! Needs More Wobble Bass! I'd been playing the game since midnight when I posted that so I was all sorts of woozy. So you and @Fobwashed are my neighbors then. Let's get that arco built!

#184 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@newhaap said:
@subjugation said:

Of course! Needs More Wobble Bass! I'd been playing the game since midnight when I posted that so I was all sorts of woozy. So you and @Fobwashed are my neighbors then. Let's get that arco built!

I feel bad for kind of ditching that city, but I straight ran out of money. Maybe I'll get wealthy in the one I'm in right now and try to dig that other one out.

#185 Posted by Arrested_Developer (720 posts) -

Just created a 16-player region on NA West 1 called Inaba as player Arrestedeveloper. Check it out, send a friend request, don't cast bufu.

#186 Edited by Obyj34 (8 posts) -

I've been on Euro West 1 today, I'm assuming this effects joining any region. Does anyone have a region I can proactively join? It seems like waiting for an invite won't be the best idea.

#187 Edited by Driadon (2998 posts) -
#188 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

origin ID: EquitasInvictus

That was a shocking surprise, wasn't it?

#189 Edited by YoThatLimp (1910 posts) -

I would love to play with some duders!

Origin ID: YoThatLimp

#190 Posted by YoThatLimp (1910 posts) -

Just created a 16-player region on NA West 1 called Inaba as player Arrestedeveloper. Check it out, send a friend request, don't cast bufu.

@driadon said:

@arrested_developer: Friend request sent!

Origin ID is Driadon

Friend request sent to you guys, I want in!

#191 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

I'm in there as "MasterDS," I'd love to get into a Giant Bomb region.

#192 Posted by Dead_Cell (63 posts) -

Origin ID is Dead_Cell1386

Send me a request, let's do this!

#193 Posted by skittles (156 posts) -

With the game just about to be released in Australia/other regions, does anyone want to organise an AusBomb region?

#194 Edited by MassacreMonk (8 posts) -

Origin ID: MassacreMonk

LETS DO THIS

#195 Posted by alConn (153 posts) -

I want to do this, but I want to get better first. The first half dozen cities I tried went to crap. I got a decent one going but I sprawled too quickly and now feel like I am fighting a losing battle on that one as well. Density seems to be the key. Build a small area, upgrade roads over time and let it expand slowly. Otherwise, by the time you need certain services, there is no way they can effectively cover the entire city.

Oh, and don't build an intersection right at the edge of the map where the highway comes in like Jeff did. That helps alleviate traffic problems.

Will come back looking for a region after a few more tries.

#196 Edited by bobo6463 (20 posts) -

If anyone in US East 2 is interested in playing together, I managed to finally get a map started. Its called "GB US EAST 2" and its open to everybody. if your interested, let me know and I'll send out invites or you can try to find it through the map browser.

#197 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

My Origin ID is: TheRealEpicSteve

#198 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

My Origin ID is: TheRealEpicSteve

#199 Edited by Arrested_Developer (720 posts) -

Tried sending out invites for the 16 player Inaba region on NA West 1 but invites weren't working at the time, I'll try again every couple of hours. The server is public so, server willing, you should be able to just search for Inaba on the North American West 1 server and claim a city. If it doesn't work just send a friend request to Arrestedeveloper and I'll keep trying to send out the invites.