• 121 results
#1 Edited by DirkDeadeye (12 posts) -

I think they're going to give us Dead Space 3. They wholly own the game, there's DLC up on the horizon, sales were kind of soft (At least that's what I've gathered) and with the nature of the mico-transactions, I think people would be less reluctant to make some of those purchases seeing as how the game is free. I know that a lot of these people are also kind of outraged at the launch fiasco..but we're all kind of different in the heat of the moment.

That's what makes sense to me if I was in their position. But eh, maybe I'm wrong.. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

I imagine you have to own SimCity to get the free game, right?

#3 Edited by DirkDeadeye (12 posts) -
#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9579 posts) -

I imagine you have to own SimCity to get the free game, right?

Yep.

I'm saying...

Cause they probably aren't making much money off of it anymore anyway.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'd actually quite like Mass Effect 3 because one day I might jump back into that snoozefest to play Citadel.

#6 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Probably something that isn't selling well anymore, or something that has microtransactions so they can hope to get money back that way.

#7 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

Dragon Age 2 and a picture of a guy flipping you off.

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4246 posts) -

I pray to god it's Dragon Age 2 simply because I want to see the internet collectively explode...again.

#9 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (612 posts) -

They may just make it any game that is say under $30/$20 on origin that is a EA game.

#10 Edited by Marmalade (192 posts) -

The Sims 3 with its metric shit-ton of DLC you can throw your money at.

#11 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

A one week subscription to Star Wars the Old Republic.

#12 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

You should probably move this thread to the SimCity. (Do full edit on your thread)

Uh I would imagine nothing too fancy. Also remember, they said we'll have selection. So it won't just be one game. I would say its highly likely sims 3 will be one of them.

#13 Edited by SuperJoe (865 posts) -

Last year there was a problem installing Mass Effect 3 PC digital edition if you bought it from Amazon. While I didn't encounter this problem, Amazon emailed everyone who purchased this version a promo code for their choice of Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Dragon Age Origins, or Mass Effect 1. So while this is nothing compared to the SimCity fiasco, EA is still gonna be EA and minimize their losses.

#14 Posted by Slaegar (685 posts) -

Madden 2009 or Mass Effect 1.

#15 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

I'm guessing Bulletstorm or something like that, most likely something I already own.

#16 Edited by zenmastah (870 posts) -

Syndicate.

#17 Posted by Leafhopper (228 posts) -

Syndicate.

Considering I don't think a lot of people even know that game came out ill agree with this.

#18 Posted by JackG100 (403 posts) -

SimCity-players, naturally it will be The Sims 3.

#19 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

#20 Posted by paulwade1984 (477 posts) -

It'll be Battlefield 3. That game has just left the long tail of sales zone.

#21 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

it will either be a "choose one from these 5 games" sort of thing, or it will be a voucher for a single Origin game under a certain amount of money.

#22 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@fourwude said:

A one week subscription to Star Wars the Old Republic.

That's too generous, I doubt it.

#23 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1347 posts) -

Thought it was gonna be a choice thing, but i wouldnt be upset if it was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

#24 Edited by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

Something which costs them nothing and maybe even has a chance of making them money in the future. You know, the best kind of apology.

#25 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

#26 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

They may just make it any game that is say under $30/$20 on origin that is a EA game.

it'll be this more than likely. (probably 20)

#27 Posted by HerbieBug (4193 posts) -

I pray to god it's Dragon Age 2 simply because I want to see the internet collectively explode...again.

Me too. Very very muchly. :D

#28 Edited by Bollard (5201 posts) -

The last free game I remember EA giving out was Burnout Paradise, 2 or 3 years after it was released. So something along the lines of that scale I reckon.

Or was there free Dragon Age recently too?

#29 Posted by jgf (381 posts) -

Probably a game where DLC has been released recently, so they may get people to buy the DLC after trying the free game. I say they let you choose between the sims and me3 without DLCs. Not the whole ME 1, 2 & 3 bundle, because it would keep you occupied for too long.

#30 Edited by Hailinel (23676 posts) -

Dragon Age 2 and a picture of a guy flipping you off.

It won't even be a high-quality picture, either.

#31 Posted by Subjugation (4715 posts) -

I really don't think it will include recent releases. My guess would be games at least a year old if they don't place a price restriction on it.

#32 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -
Hope the servers are up.

#33 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Battlefield 1942

#34 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

It defo won't be Dead Space 3 anyway as people are still buying it. Kingdoms of Amular or Syndicate would be cool but that seems to nice for EA

#35 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

It will be Mirrors Edge, they practicaly give that game away in Summer Sales lately, unless EA is going to surprise me and actually give me a game that is worth over $5

#36 Posted by Fobwashed (1886 posts) -

I already own Syndicate, DS3 and ME3 so there's nothing left they could offer me that I'd be content with. Unfortunate =\

#37 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

I already own Syndicate, DS3 and ME3 so there's nothing left they could offer me that I'd be content with. Unfortunate =\

Hope?

#38 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -

Looking at all the EA games on Origin, Syndicate is probably the only one that I would have some interest in... unless they give you the option of some Sims 3 expansions, then I might go for one of those.

#39 Posted by konig_kei (595 posts) -

Command and conquer 4, crysis, madden 06, FIFA manager. Some shit like that.

#40 Edited by Pr1mus (3775 posts) -

A 20$ voucher.

If not that than it will be a prequel to one of their current big games they'd like to sell more of, like Crysis 1 or 2 or Dead Space 1 or 2.

#41 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

I'm thinking it will be Sims 3. I don't think they would include any mature rated games like Dead Space 3.

They really should give people a choice though.

#42 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Vanilla BF3, so they can grab more premium sales.

#43 Edited by Nictel (2364 posts) -

Aliens™: Colonial Marines!

#44 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

My first thought when they announced this is that it would be darkspore.

It's not going to be anything newer than at least a year, really i wouldn't get too excited here people.

#45 Posted by cbarnes86 (540 posts) -

I just hope it is either "pick from this list of games" or an Origin coupon for X value. If they make it a specific game, people will bitch, including me because I probably already own it

#46 Posted by Solh0und (1752 posts) -

Sims 3 with university and pets expansions

#47 Posted by ShaggE (6290 posts) -

Madden '98.

But really, a friend of mine got the entire CE (including statue, artbook, etc.) of the Mass Effect Trilogy simply for inquiring about the jacked up Aussie pricing for The Citadel DLC on PSN, so EA has it in them to be generous. We'll see about that being the case on such a large scale, though.

#48 Posted by Glottery (1099 posts) -

I'd actually happily play Syndicate again on a PC...but yeah, I'm not having high hopes for this. Definetly no Dead Space 3. Some coupon stuff could be nice.

#49 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

Didn't they already give people free copies of Battlefield 3 for something? Am I making that up? If that's the case, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't just do that again.

Since they said you'll have a selection, though... my guess is it'll be any EA published game on Origin under $30.

#50 Posted by KaneRobot (1396 posts) -