What free game will you get?

• 79 results
Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll What free game will you get? (250 votes)

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition) 12%
Bejeweled 3 2%
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition) 37%
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition) 8%
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition) 4%
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition) 23%
Plants vs. Zombies 2%
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition 11%

EA's list over what game we can get, after the failed SimCity launch is out. Wich game will you get?

Im trying to decide between MoH: Warfighter and Need for Speed Most wanted.

• 
Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(double post because im too stupid to find the edit-button)

Link to EA: http://www.ea.com/news/for-our-patient-and-amazing-mayors---a-free-pc-download-from-origin-

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

You might want to move this to the SimCity forum. And I don't know why I wouldn't get bejeweled 3.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Talk about an uneven list. Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted... and Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled 3. And, for fuck's sake, SimCity 4. EA is trying to make up for the catastrophic launch of SimCity with the previous installment of the franchise, from 10 years ago. Wow.

I don't know, really. I was going to say Battlefield 3, but then again, I really dislike multiplayer games. I have Plants vs. Zombies, Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3, and have no interest in MoH Warfighter. Maybe I'll get NFS:MW, maybe I get Battlefield 3... I dunno.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nictel

Where can I get this free game? It's in general discussion so I assume everyone gets to choose?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EXTomar

There is a segment of the SimCity market that would definitely like Bejeweled over BF3.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

Where can I get this free game? It's in general discussion so I assume everyone gets to choose?

Only if you have bought and registered a copy of SimCity before March 25, as a compensation for the "troubled" launch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Them putting up Deadspace 3 was kind of a good foot forward still though... after all of the debacle bribing people with a free game is kinda scummy.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

I've been meaning to get around to playing Dead Space 3 for a while, but I've been waiting on a bit of price drop since I didn't care for some of the stuff I was seeing in reviews. I guess "free" is enough of a price drop for me to go ahead and pull the trigger on it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Darji

it sucks that it is only the standard edition of BF3. you can get premium with all addons for 49 Euro here and if I would buy 4 dlcs i would also pay 44 euro only for the dlc XD

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000

NFSMW

BamSaidTheLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Mass Effect 3. But then I'd miss out on some DLC that seems essential to making it "whole".

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Man nothing on this list really interests me. Haven't played Dead Space 1 or 2, Mass Effect 1 or 2 (ill get around to forcing my way through 1). MOHWF is like the door with the donkey behind it. Need for Speed: MW doesn't have the customization i want. Who doesn't already have 3 copies of Plantz vs Zombies, and i already own Sim City 4 and Battlefield 3. They have a nice list of games to ease the pain of SimCity but i had my heart set on Syndicate

edit* I settled on Most Wanted since I have ME1 on PS3 and would ideally keep my save througout all 3 games. And that TNT GB did kind of sold me on Most Wanted.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nictel

@bamsaidthelady I played the game with all dlc except citadel. I enjoyed the game. People who played it without dlc mostly did not at all, to the point they are even reluctant to play the dlc. I think you're probably better off getting a complete package.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man nothing on this list really interests me. Havent played Dead Space 1 or 2, Mass Effect 1 or 2 (ill get around to forcing my way through 1). MOHWF is like the door with the donkey behind it. Need for Speed: MW doesn't have the customization i want. Who doesnt already have 3 copies of Plantz vs Zombies, and i already own Sim City 4 and Battlefield 3. They have a nice list of games to ease the pain of SimCity but i had my heart set on Syndicate

Well it's free, so why not just get Mass Effect 3 and have it sitting ready for the time when you finally do get around to playing the other 2?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Them putting up Deadspace 3 was kind of a good foot forward still though... after all of the debacle bribing people with a free game is kinda scummy.

they should have responded quicker to the community but this is a pretty decent gesture of goodwill on their part, given the circumstances. pretty surprised dead space 3's on there, really, and a few of the other games are damn fine offers too.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I really have zero interest in these games, but I guess I'll pick Battlefield 3, maybe.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is it a bribe? Stop being so cynical.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm amazed that so many voted for DS3. People, this game will see a crazy price drop in a few months. It also sounds like the weakest of the series by far, don't let the shininess of the new release mislead. Get it when its $10 if you still care.

I'm going to redeem NFSMW, the game looks and plays great. I played it only briefly and I know the PC version had the server issues with the multiplayer (which I hope they ironed out) but this game is fun as hell.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magzine said:

@demoskinos said:

EA has turned a horrendous launch into a PR campaign. "Buy SimCity, get a (very) recent release for free". If they really wanted to compensate early adopters, they would have limited the free games to people who have registered the game before, say, March 15, NOT one week from now. It's true that we should stop being so cynical, but you should also stop being so gullible. EA cares nothing about the consumer. They are a business and they want to make money, and this is proof of it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

It is a bribe, but what isnt? People get shit for doing stuff. Thats not the problem, the question you should be asking is “is this mutualy benefical?“ if the awenser is no then you need to get out of your relationship with ea.

Avatar image for thebeastwithtwobacks
thebeastwithtwobacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when are they letting people redeem these?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ares42

Neither, Origin has already been uninstalled again.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebeastwithtwobacks:

• North America by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 20.
  • Europe by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Thursday, March 21.
  • Asia & South America by 5pm PDT/midnight GMT on Friday, March 22.
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By pr1mus

I'd pick Dead Space 3.

Of course i haven't bought SimCity and have no intentions to do so and DS3 will be 5-10$ soon enough.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jdh5153

Mass Effect 3 for me. I beat it for the Xbox back in like April and traded it in but have been wanting to play through 2 and 3 on PC. I was going to buy it, but now all I have to do is get all the DLC.

Loving Sim City so far too. Win, win.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Sackmanjones

Free seems like a good price for Medal of Honor. Either that or need for speed

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rented the 360 version of Dead Space 3, so I may just pick that up so I can play the DLC.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By musubi

@joeyravn said:

@magzine said:

@demoskinos said:

EA has turned a horrendous launch into a PR campaign. "Buy SimCity, get a (very) recent release for free". If they really wanted to compensate early adopters, they would have limited the free games to people who have registered the game before, say, March 15, NOT one week from now. It's true that we should stop being so cynical, but you should also stop being so gullible. EA cares nothing about the consumer. They are a business and they want to make money, and this is proof of it.

Exactly. On their scramble to try to topple Activision they have COMPLETLY lost sight of what is important in the long run the customer. This shouldn't even be happening if they would have done their job the first time. Now, i didn't buy SimCity but I know the last thing I would want if i was a pissed off Sim City costumer is another game on the SAME service that was already screwing me over. They should have had their shit together from day 1. No excuses. If a massive game like Call of Duty can launch on Xbox LIVE and not crash the entire network due to the insane traffic bump then something like Sim City should be able to do the same. Battlefield 3 was the same way weeks of servers being taken down and getting shitty service. EA needs to get their shit together. Period.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played ME3 yet so that I guess? I hate that the DLC is still the same price as ever, not sure if I should get that. Fuck it, I'll just play the game sans DLC, complete the series and be done with EA's franchise ruining bullshit. I've no interest in the other games anyway.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

@magzine said:

@demoskinos said:

Exactly. On their scramble to try to topple Activision they have COMPLETLY lost sight of what is important in the long run the customer. This shouldn't even be happening if they would have done their job the first time. Now, i didn't buy SimCity but I know the last thing I would want if i was a pissed off Sim City costumer is another game on the SAME service that was already screwing me over. They should have had their shit together from day 1. No excuses. If a massive game like Call of Duty can launch on Xbox LIVE and not crash the entire network due to the insane traffic bump then something like Sim City should be able to do the same. Battlefield 3 was the same way weeks of servers being taken down and getting shitty service. EA needs to get their shit together. Period.

Pretty sure Halo Reach crashed Xbox Live when it launched..... Oh no Microsoft is evil......

And people bitching about a free game, they don't have to give you anything. They're being quite generous and the game is working now, but people just want to jump on the bandwagon and complain. Have fun with that. I'll be having a good time playing Sim City and Mass Effect 3.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: Thats just the point. They expect people to take their game and shut up when this whole debacle isn't okay. People need to keep complaining or EA is going continue to be a collective bunch of assholes.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was hoping that it would have been the Deluxe edition of Mass Effect 3, because I wouldn't play it without the From Ashes DLC after playing it on the 360. But I don't have Dead Space 3 so I'll go for that and get my co-op on.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

As much as it sucks for a lot of people, this is all just gravy for me. I'm hopelessly addicted to SimCity and now I get Dead Space 3 for free? Sign me up!

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ennosuke

EA is doing a lot of bad stuff, but this is something good! Unfortunately I already have BF3, ME3 and DS3 (Sequels ftw).

Hm... if I should pick NFS?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS3 for me. It's pretty much the only game on there that I haven't had a chance to play yet. I love the DS franchise and I feel obligated to finish it, especially now that this entry is free.

I would have picked NFSMW if they didn't completely neuter the customization that the original had. That was what made it so great to me; the custom paint jobs, rims, exhaust packages, suspension, etc. I'm still baffled as to why they cut that stuff down so much. Not to mention that the game handles so differently than the original (driving feels heavier/less arcade-y).

Also, stop calling it a bribe people. Good lord. They realized that they screwed up pretty hard and since they can't go back and fix the launch they are doing what they can to try to do right by the customer. They could've just waited for this whole thing to blow over and not give anyone a free game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Dalai

I guess Dead Space 3 since that's the only game on the list that I might actually play... unless I just get another copy of SimCity 4 just on principle.

Meh, I was hoping for Syndicate personally.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would get NFS but isn't SimCity 4 just a slap in the face? "Heres the one that works guys" is the impression I get

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dont get a free game passed on sim city....I just wanted to get PVZ on the polls...lol

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By paulwade1984

I just got Dead space 3. Downloading now.

When you get the origin update that means you can get your free game.

Sometimes the "featured today" panel doesn't open. Click the "origin" button in top left of the origin client and then click "launch featured today". Then click get your free game in the panel that opens.

I just saved myself £30 on Dead Space 3 and feeling pretty good about it. Now if they could just fix simcity everything would be right with the world.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fattony12000

Picked up SimCity and Need For Speed Most Wanted for just £28.59 total. Not bad, not bad at all. At the very least it's helping to fill out my pitifully small Origin games list!

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By avantegardener

Here in Europe land(Ireland Specifically) probably not available till March 21st.

They also have 50% off sale, or normal Amazon prices, as I call them. How does Origin hope to succeed (or Steam for that matter) when it's so pricey to buy a digital copy? It's funny how Ryan and Jeff guffaw at the thought of owning boxed PC games, I nearly always choose that route as it's just cheaper in Europe to get them shipped. The alternative is wholesale piracy.

Oh and probably BF3 is my choice even though I own the xbox version.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The only reasonable game on that list for someone who hasn't played previous Mass Effects and Dead Spaces is Battlefield 3, as far as I'm concerned. That was my choice.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually a pretty solid list and Dead Space 3 is a bit surprising. I either own most of those games already or don't have interest. Could double dip on Mass Effect 3 I suppose.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, and getting it for free justifies the $30 dollars of DLC I will eventually spend money on that will make the game better. All around, a solid list.

Pretty funny that SimCity 4 is on the list, but hey, they need some family-friendly fun to include here.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Dead Space or Need For Speed.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

The best answers are Bejeweled or SimCity 4.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here in Europe land(Ireland Specifically) probably not available till March 21st.

They also have 50% off sale, or normal Amazon prices, as I call them. How does Origin hope to succeed (or Steam for that matter) when it's so pricey to buy a digital copy? It's funny how Ryan and Jeff guffaw at the thought of owning boxed PC games, I nearly always choose that route as it's just cheaper in Europe to get them shipped. The alternative is wholesale piracy.

Oh and probably BF3 is my choice even though I own the xbox version.

Yeah this is highly confusing. I could get BF3 premium for only 25 Euro now... ME3 is only 10 euro and DEad Space 25 Euro. Damn why is it only BF3 standard and not premium....

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

It will be a E for Everyone rated game, considering Sim City is aswell

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had bought SimCity I probably would go with either Battlefield 3 or Dead Space 3. Probably DS3 more since I don't really play multiplayer games and DS3 seems like a better deal when it's still a full-priced game right now. Then again I haven't even finished the first Dead Space so having the third game now is pointless.

Long story short, I'm glad I didn't buy SimCity.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@djou said:

I'm amazed that so many voted for DS3. People, this game will see a crazy price drop in a few months. It also sounds like the weakest of the series by far, don't let the shininess of the new release mislead. Get it when its $10 if you still care.

I'm going to redeem NFSMW, the game looks and plays great. I played it only briefly and I know the PC version had the server issues with the multiplayer (which I hope they ironed out) but this game is fun as hell.

It's more like I already own all of the other games except for MOH.