What free game will you get?

• 79 results
Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll What free game will you get? (250 votes)

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition) 12%
Bejeweled 3 2%
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition) 37%
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition) 8%
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition) 4%
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition) 23%
Plants vs. Zombies 2%
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition 11%

EA's list over what game we can get, after the failed SimCity launch is out. Wich game will you get?

Im trying to decide between MoH: Warfighter and Need for Speed Most wanted.

• 
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I'm still pretty upset over the whole thing. A lot of criticism is levied back and forth between vocal gamers and whatever the opposite judgmental version of that is. I just decided about a week ago to un-install SimCity and never go near it. Too many mistakes, flaws, the design, it shows me the man behind the curtain too often.

Then to be offered what are essentially online design conceits all in their own, is strange. I'm still kind of baffled by loading into games through an internet browser in BF3. Many of these games will take full advantage of Origin, the little digital storefront that couldn't. I don't think I want to even deal with that platform anymore. They apologized to us, knowing even that might spur backlash for a couple more weeks.

The life and death of SimCity is probably going to happen in the near future, and these stories will trickle out less every time.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

Never played a BF game, is it any good? I did play Modern Warfare(the first one) and enjoyed it so would I like BF3? I don't like multiplayer but I like missions in the game that let me do stuff like snipers and stuff... ME2 I couldn't get into so don't think I'd like ME3, and not sure if Deadspace would be right for me either since I'd get bored of wandering down hallways. Only other choice on there I might like would be Simcity 4...

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Jackel2072

i really dont know! i already own BF3, DS3, ME 3, (alot of 3's) I dont really want NFS or Medal Of Honor. im thinking ME3 becuase i own it on the 360 and i want a PC version? right???? maybe SimCity 4? but that games doesn't run so hot on Windows 7 right?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Jackel2072

@spoogemcduck: i mean the single player of BF3 was kind of bad (at least popular opinion including my own) the multiplayer was really the thing with BF3 and lets just say for the sake of argument you did end up liking the multiplyer the PC community is not what it once was and you still have pay something like 60 bucks to get all the DLC where most of the current players are. The Co-Op is also not that great either so i dont know man. i mean it is free you could do far worse. but just for a single player game im going with no.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny how most of these games have DLC that, added together, cost more than the base game and are almost required to get the full experience of the game.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By zFUBARz

Probably NFS, as I recall the crew enjoyed it, and I don't care about any of the other games or own them already.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#57  Edited By TheMasterDS

Well I never want to launch Origin ever again so I really don't feel like redeeming any of them. Plus none of them are the kind of game I'd want to play on my laptop, they're all games I'd rather play on a console. Long story short none of them, I have enough games to play. If any I guess Dead Space 3? I hear the first 6 hours of that game are alright.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Was tossing up DS3 and NFS:MW. Got Need for Speed as I had considered buying this when it came out and haven't actually played DS 1 or 2 (though both are on my steam account). Figure I'll play 3 once I finish the others (if I ever do) and buy that time it'll be practically free.

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking of going out at lunch and buying Simcity now just so I can get BF3. I cant work out if I am a bad person or just stupid.

Probably the second one.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By Bollard

Should I get NFSMW or DS3?

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FML. I have all those but medal of honour and NFS both of which I completely don't want... I guess it's the Deluxe edition for me... (Btw despite all the drama I still do enjoy the game)

Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: Remember, its the deluxe edition of the SimCity 4, not the game that came out this year.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SexyToad

I ended up getting Battlefield 3.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By Dagbiker

Haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, and getting it for free justifies the $30 dollars of DLC I will eventually spend money on that will make the game better. All around, a solid list.

Pretty funny that SimCity 4 is on the list, but hey, they need some family-friendly fun to include here.

This is true, I never finished 2, and thought 1 was the best. Probably would have just gotten the PC version of DS3 even though I finished DS3 ( I thought the game was good, never played the others ). But If im getting it for free, might as well.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Grelik

@morka oh Jesus that's depressing lol. Yes I see now that I misread that option thanks lol. NFS it is then?

(Edit: fix the damn mobile site... Not being able to reply to specific people sucks)

Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: Yeah, i know! I thought the same thing, but I noticed it the fourth or fifth time I read through the list. I think I'm going for NFS too :)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd pick BF3 or ME3. But I already own them. :*(

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)- Already got it. Was gifted to me by a friend.
  • Bejeweled 3- No interest in it.
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)- Bought 1-2 on Steam during some sale for pennies so I figured I might as well have all 3. Plus I knew I would never have bought it due to the terrible microtransactions crap.
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)- Already got it on GMG for like $5 during some sale.
  • MOHW (Standard Edition)- No interest in a COD clone.
  • NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)- Racing games are dumb.
  • Plants vs. Zombies- No interest.
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition- Already own on Steam.

All in all I was rather disappointed in the selection. Would have much rather them given everyone a $40-$60 credit on their account to be used on any EA game that they want whenever they wanted. Though I knew that was hoping for too much.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By Sackmanjones

Is this going now?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Subjugation

@sackmanjones: It has been going for a few days, depending on where you live. I was able to grab my game a few days ago in the U.S.

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ThomasG666

Dead Space 3 for me.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Karl_Boss

Welcome to Bejeweled 3

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I ended up getting NFS Most Wanted. It's the only game that either I don't have, or that I don't feel I would need to buy a shitload of DLC for it to feel "complete". If you still don't know what game you should get, Mega64 has you covered:

Loading Video...

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By TopCat88

I've been considering buying NFS for a while now so this has worked out very well indeed. Any new (or old) players want to hit up multiplayer. Origin ID: SaltyPigHands

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#75 FinalDasa  Moderator

My video card needs updating so I grabbed SimCity4, however my roommate grabbed Dead Space 3.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I wanted to go with BF3 but then there was this huge sale and to get to premium was 25 euro anyway so i bought premium for 29 euro and then went with Dead Space 3 since I don't really like racing games. Now I have 3 games on my origin account. EA you sleazy bastards....

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Any EU-Players got their free game already. Its in the middle of the night and the website should be available for over 2h now.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MrKlorox

I already own Plants vs Zombies, Battlefield 3, and Sim City 4. MOH seems like it'll just be a short and boring campaign with a weak multiplayer. And I just bought 10000000, so I'm full-up on match 3 games. Never played nor own Dead Space 2, so that's not a reasonable option either.

Having trouble deciding between Mass Effect 3 and NFS Most Wanted. I have ME2, but didn't finish it because I didn't like the changes made from the first Mass Effect. I have Criterion's previous NFS game, Hot Pursuit, and I also kinda hated it. I hear the NFSMW multiplayer is its most redeemable quality, but I definitely know I won't be playing any of that. However I loved Forza Horizon.

Which of these games that I have absolutely no interest in should I get?

So I went with NFS Most Wanted, and this game is far more broken than Sim City. The PC port is completely fucked and absolutely unplayable. It won't even do its first-time launch so it can create its config files. What an amazing mess.

DO NOT GET NFS MOST WANTED.

I doubt I'll be able to get them to let me redeem another game instead. What a bunch of assholes.

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went ahead and got Sim City 4.