So this was announced last week, I guess nobody cares?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

I only noticed this by accident while browsing through my Origin games at 4AM and feeding my 1-month-old. Apparently a new expansion is coming out for SimCity on the 12th of November that takes the game 50 years into the future. It's going to be priced at $30 so I don't think I'll be getting it at launch, but it appears they're trying to address the complaint about cities being too small in a roundabout way by using multi-zone MegaTowers to tap into vertical space and grant players more options. They haven't said anything about adding new regions yet, but I'm still hopeful for a free region where you can build one stupidly large, sprawling city. Here's the trailer that I haven't watched yet:

So does absolutely no one care? No threads. No Wiki entry until I just made one. I know there were some people on these forums who claimed to enjoy SimCity2013 (I'm one of them), as limited/broken as it may have been. Is anyone tempted to go back? I have to admit I'm tempted, especially because games I can play with one hand while holding a bottle with the other are going to be my bread-and-butter for a while.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I put 30 hours into SimCity, most of that very early on after release. I enjoyed it but I think I've got all I needed out of that game. Perhaps I will go back if there is a sale on this down the line.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3 chaser324  Moderator

I don't think SimCity is nearly as bad as it's been made out to be, but I played a decent chunk of it at release and have no desire to go back to it.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By morningstar

Let me make bigger city and I'm in, taller cities, not so much.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By korolev

No city-size increase? No sale. This looks neat and all, but I don't like the "town" sized cities they cram you in, and merely having a futuristic small city doesn't appeal to me.

I haven't touched it since launch week. Did they at least fix how crummy the roads looked when you zoomed out? I was tired of seeing my roads clip into the ground all the time.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it still always online? I think I will pass EA.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

So does this mean SimCity is stable now? Did they bring back the stuff that had been disabled?

Is history going to repeat itself the expansion launches?

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dacnomaniac

Don't give a shit. Never gave a shit. Will never give a shit. I can still play the old SimCity...

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Expansion? I was under the impression it was some DLC skin or something.

But yeah, this is whatever.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

Correct, no one really cares. I think the severe decrease in scope has written off any future interest people might've had in DLC or expansions. It sounds like even for those people who liked the game, they're kinda done with it.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SimCity 2013 which is for better or worse the SimCity people did not want. I don't know if people would care for an expansion for a SimCity game they didn't care about.

KloakinDevice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really excited when I saw this! But then I saw the pricetag... £30 here in the uk! That's far too steep! I still feel like they need to give more back to the community for such a cock up at release. This should of been free or a hell of alot cheap! All the Dlc for this game's far too price considering the content.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should just be patched or added for about $5. The game is still broken. Every 2-3 weeks I'll fire up my city and It's just impossible to handle trash/sewage/water/power/public transport and have enough money for it to function. Unless you use the trick where you gift a region 2 million build all the services then gift them to the other region and never go back to it. Fire response is still broken as well.

I'll pick it up in a sale one day. when ever that is.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got a refund for this game for a reason.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Congrats on having a kid duder!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nope.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne said:

This should just be patched or added for about $5. The game is still broken. Every 2-3 weeks I'll fire up my city and It's just impossible to handle trash/sewage/water/power/public transport and have enough money for it to function. Unless you use the trick where you gift a region 2 million build all the services then gift them to the other region and never go back to it. Fire response is still broken as well.

I'll pick it up in a sale one day. when ever that is.

Jesus, there's still broken shit in that game?! Unbelievable. I could see myself going back to the game if they added bigger regions and all of the systems worked but still having broken emergency services is just pathetic. The only good thing about that game was that I got Mass Effect 3 for free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it doesn't let me build big-ass cities, then I don't care. I don't mind the always-online stuff, but the tiny city size is why I didn't buy the game in the first place.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshwent

especially because games I can play with one hand while holding a bottle with the other are going to be my bread-and-butter for a while.

Off topic, but just to mention it, The Witcher has a top-down view that's completely playable with just the mouse. There are also plenty of boobs, which should fit right in to feeding time. ;)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: It also takes forever, so I guess that goes right along with the whole theme.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten

@kloakindevice said:

I was really excited when I saw this! But then I saw the pricetag... £30 here in the uk! That's far too steep! I still feel like they need to give more back to the community for such a cock up at release. This should of been free or a hell of alot cheap! All the Dlc for this game's far too price considering the content.

That's still the biggest issue I have with any kind of digital store-thingy like Steam.

Apparantly in LaLa-land when something is a lovely 30 American shiny dollars(or even $50) that obviously means it's €30, sure that makes total sense Mr. Person who never went to any kind of real school ever.

Edit: I should also mention that Origin is way worse for me at least.
It might be 30 bucks in the US(that's like 166DKK) but here it's more like $63(349 DKK)

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If it doesn't let me build big-ass cities, then I don't care. I don't mind the always-online stuff, but the tiny city size is why I didn't buy the game in the first place.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is that Morgan Freeman in the video or someone just trying to sound like him? I think it's someone trying to sound like him.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

All the broken stuff in the base game, always online, and limited city size are why I have no interest in the new sim city.

It's a shame too, they had some interesting ideas for this one but not enough for me to want to play it. Seems like a gimped sim city. I can play an old one still- it may not have the graphics or be new, but it's how I enjoy Sim City (and graphically Sim City 4 or whatever it was looks fine, actually).

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they ever fix the way traffic works? I know they kind of cheated it at some point to make it less terrible, but it was still terrible last time I played. That essentially ruined the game for me more than anything. A city simulator without well simulated people pathing is a bad simulator in my opinion.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you could build on the area of a 16 slot region, I think it would melt computers. Once a city reaches 120k people I can no longer play it on my laptop. I have to move to the desktop. My laptop isn't a slouch, I think. (Dell Latitude e6420, i7 2760qm, Nvidia 4200m, 16gb ram)

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Make the cities larger then I'll buy it, until then I'll just stare at my Sim City desktop icon as it collects dust.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Get back to me when you can fill out the entire region with buildings.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Towns are too small to get any fun out of it.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, now it's Anno 2070 without the huge map.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

While I enjoyed my time with it more than most people seemed to, this update costs far too much and addresses far too little to reinvigorate my interest in the game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is not the expansion I was hoping for. It doesn't address anything despite their attempts to make us think it does. A futuristic expansion sounds like something that should come last in the DLC life-cycle, not first.

Oh well, back to ignoring the game, I guess.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@theht said:

Congrats on having a kid duder!

Thanks!

@joshwent said:

@starvinggamer said:

especially because games I can play with one hand while holding a bottle with the other are going to be my bread-and-butter for a while.

Off topic, but just to mention it, The Witcher has a top-down view that's completely playable with just the mouse. There are also plenty of boobs, which should fit right in to feeding time. ;)

Thanks, but I already played it :D Actually, I think with the glut of digital card games entering various stages of release I'm pretty much set. No idea when I'm gonna beat GTAV though.

Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MightyMayorMike

Oh man. I love the concept of it. I love it when a city/empire builder like Sim City or Civ peeks into the future. I wish I had any interest in the foundation, though. I didn't find the new Sim City fun to play. So I'm in the camp that doesn't care. What a bummer!

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless this expansion has proper city sized areas, what's the point? I'll keep on playing simcity 4, where my farmland alone doubles the size of those "cities"

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gaminghooligan

Sim City? Oh yeah that crappy town building game I got for free with Dead Space 3.