#1 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

After beating the arcade mode of the PC version of Skullgirls, I saw that Brad's name was in the credits of Skullgirls in the Special Thanks section.

Any particular reason why?

Video as proof. Time is 6:15 in case I embedded it incorrectly.

#2 Edited by Khann (2917 posts) -

'cause

#3 Edited by TruthTellah (9532 posts) -

@joeyoe31: Someone asked Jeff about this a while back, and he said to just ask the developer.

I don't believe Brad did anything directly with the game, but a while back on their blog, the developer did thank him for setting up a Quick Look EX of the game. Perhaps they feel that Giant Bomb's highlight of the game helped its notoriety and success, and since Brad was the main person on that, they thanked him specifically.

That's my best guess.

#4 Posted by RonGalaxy (3294 posts) -

Sometimes game reporters/writers get special thanks in the credits. This is due to a variety of reasons. Could be he's friends with one of the devs or maybe he did something coverage wise to help the game do well.

#5 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

chemtrails

#6 Posted by Nictel (2516 posts) -

Maybe game sales increased a lot after the QL, wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Cook, Serve, Delicious! being a prime example.

#7 Edited by Petiew (1366 posts) -

I remember a quick look EX of the game back when it was still in its very early stages, that's probably why. They thanked a lot of people in the credits as well, so it's not that strange that Brad made it in.

The actual quick look they did was bad and fairly negative, but that was after they already stuck Brad in the credits!

#8 Posted by Sanj (2575 posts) -

Brad did mocap for one of the Skullgirls.

#9 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

#10 Posted by dudeglove (8509 posts) -

Some sort of pudding?

#11 Edited by BigJeffrey (5164 posts) -

It's BRAD Shoemaker not Brad Shoemaker, oh that english accent

#12 Posted by JoeyRavn (4996 posts) -

He's the original Skullgirl. Little known fact, actually. The entire concept of weird girls fighting each other is directly based on Brad. It makes sense if you think about it.

#13 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

Follow the money!

#14 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

The Illuminati.

#15 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@sanj said:

Brad did mocap for one of the Skullgirls.

@joeyravn said:

He's the original Skullgirl. Little known fact, actually. The entire concept of weird girls fighting each other is directly based on Brad. It makes sense if you think about it.

I like where this is going...

#16 Posted by Fearbeard (835 posts) -

It's a Special Thanks, could be for anything.

Maybe they went to the same elementary school and the developer was about to get his lunch money taken when Brad stepped in and saved the day.

#17 Posted by TruthTellah (9532 posts) -

Brad donated his beard to them.

#18 Posted by Dark (408 posts) -

Maybe they went to the same elementary school and the developer was about to get his lunch money taken when Brad stepped in and saved the day.

Now I have a picture of some kid about to be accosted by bullies only to have brad jump in front with a manly pose, proclaiming 'HALT YOU FIENDS'

Directly after a beam of light shines over him and the song 'flash' plays but with brads name instead, yeh I can see it now.

'BRAD .... aahhhhhh, savior of the universe'

#19 Edited by Souleks (12 posts) -

I believe the concept for Double sprang directly from Brads relationship with Dota 2.