Sleeping Dogs Devs want to get in touch with Vinny!

• 84 results
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mrfluke

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke: I think they may want to get in touch with Vinny to see if they might be able to use parts of the Quick Looks to promote Sleeping Dogs and its DLC, because they really do come off as the best salesmen for the game.

Or, yeah, they just want to note that he's awesome. I hope that he stays away so that his future Sleeping Dogs content remains pure.

i see what your saying when you say that,

but mannnnnnn i would totally play a sleeping dogs 2 or sleeping dogs dlc with a vinny costume on though :P

That -is- enticing, but I do think it would almost be like Sleeping Dogs jumping the shark. ha. But, hey, maybe they could make it work. (I'm guessing this is still them interested in saying thanks or seeing if they can do something promotional)

i think it could work, heck if this dude can get into saints row 3 for free then vinny should get into sleeping dogs dammit! :P

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2012/01/13/saints-row-the-third-free-dlc-adds-cheap-ass-gamer-s-cheapyd

Loading Video...
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By TruthTellah

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke: I think they may want to get in touch with Vinny to see if they might be able to use parts of the Quick Looks to promote Sleeping Dogs and its DLC, because they really do come off as the best salesmen for the game.

Or, yeah, they just want to note that he's awesome. I hope that he stays away so that his future Sleeping Dogs content remains pure.

but mannnnnnn i would totally play a sleeping dogs 2 or sleeping dogs dlc with a vinny costume on though :P

That -is- enticing, but I do think it would almost be like Sleeping Dogs jumping the shark. ha. But, hey, maybe they could make it work. (I'm guessing this is still them interested in saying thanks or seeing if they can do something promotional)

i think it could work, heck if this dude can get into saints row 3 for free then vinny should get into sleeping dogs dammit! :P

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2012/01/13/saints-row-the-third-free-dlc-adds-cheap-ass-gamer-s-cheapyd

Loading Video...

Nooooooooo!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma6j8zy8Fb1qbircao2_500.gif

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

Loading Video...

Nooooooooo!!

lol, not a fan of that dude or something?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is the greatest thing. There is nothing more pure in this world than Vinny's love for Sleeping Dogs.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

Loading Video...

Nooooooooo!!

Eh, not in particular. You're just right. They've been over that shark for a while now.

http://i.minus.com/iZKU6XzAKrVWk.gif

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would settle for a mission in the next Sleeping Dogs where the only objective is to pick up the purse.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Fawkes

As absurd and potentially great as Vinny based DLC would be, I would think they probably just want to invite him to see their next game or some other normal boring industry business. Or maybe buy him a cake as thanks for all his coverage of their game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By ajamafalous

@zaccheus said:

@morbid_coffee said:

Brad Shoemaker makes a special appearance as the mission giver of the DLC, with famous lines such as:

"Oi, Wei! Som'un is goin' round causin' a ruckus around town. I need you to go rough him up a bit, aye mate?"

and

"Oi it's me Brad Shoemaker!"

and

"Aye gots som' them e-mails!"

Oh god does anyone know what podcast it was where Jeff pulled out his inner Shoemaker? I remember bursting out laughing in the bus.

Since I didn't see anyone ever reply:

Loading Video...

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Since I didn't see anyone ever reply:

Loading Video...

Brad bless you good sir.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nekroskop

Vinny DLC incoming.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cooljammer00

Black t-shirt DLC?

Sleeping Dogs 2 police radio broadcast about famed crime lord Maximiliano Caravella?

edit: Still have no idea why those Art game guys sent the game loaded with a drawing of Brad. Was Brad the first person to play the game on a Happy Hour or Live Show? Didn't it turn out that Vinny was actually the most artistic staff member?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mrfluke

Black t-shirt DLC?

Sleeping Dogs 2 police radio broadcast about famed crime lord Maximiliano Caravella?

edit: Still have no idea why those Art game guys sent the game loaded with a drawing of Brad. Was Brad the first person to play the game on a Happy Hour or Live Show? Didn't it turn out that Vinny was actually the most artistic staff member?

i believe it was a case when the game is sent to a specific reviewer, they preloaded their ds cart with a drawing of them ( as one of the guys from kotaku had the same style drawing done)

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is amazing!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey, Sleeping Dogs, get in line. I too want to get in touch with Vinny and I've been waiting for almost a decade.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cooljammer00

@mrfluke said:

@cooljammer00 said:

Black t-shirt DLC?

i believe it was a case when the game is sent to a specific reviewer, they preloaded their ds cart with a drawing of them ( as one of the guys from kotaku had the same style drawing done)

I know. So why did they specifically send it to Brad, is what I'm asking.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@cooljammer00 said:

Black t-shirt DLC?

I know. So why did they specifically send it to Brad, is what I'm asking.

i believe it was said a while ago that brad is like their PR guy for giantbomb, in that he make sures games arrive at the office and stuff.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I would settle for a mission in the next Sleeping Dogs where the only objective is to pick up the purse.

Sold.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Go pickup the TNT. A guy named Vinny has it."

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

Sold.

"Go pickup the TNT. A guy named Vinny has it."

id pay 2-3 bucks for either one of these.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By PhilipDuck

Would be just incredible if they got Vinny in on some DLC!

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would gladly buy a Vinny Sleepy Dogs DLC, this shit needs to get made.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got a pm back from the staff, they said they are well aware and to stay tuned

:OOO

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

That would be amazing if something came of this, come on Vinny you know you want to get involved in Sleepy Dogs!

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mrfluke said:

Just got a pm back from the staff, they said they are well aware and to stay tuned

:OOO

Fuck yeah!

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Happy times!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

@mrfluke said:

@truthtellah said:

Loading Video...

Nooooooooo!!

Eh, not in particular. You're just right. They've been over that shark for a while now.

to pick back up where we left off :P

, i did pm the staff about this, and they have said they are well aware of this, and to stay tuned! :o

Monkeythumbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Monkeythumbz

@mrfluke: Hey, yeah that was me who got in contact alright! Who knew a simple Tweet would be so well received! We wanted to wait until the last Quick Look went online before reaching out to The Man so as to respect his journalistic independence. We're in conversation at the moment and I'll pop by here if/when we have something to share :)

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NegativeCero

I just saw this and it just makes me smile for the possibilities.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By cloudnineboya

@monkeythumbz: sleepy dogs is one of my favorite games now if your gonna do some thing with vinny in it, it will be the bestest game of all time. plus please give him some dialog vinny style.dont hold him back just let him go with it

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: Hey, yeah that was me who got in contact alright! Who knew a simple Tweet would be so well received! We wanted to wait until the last Quick Look went online before reaching out to The Man so as to respect his journalistic independence. We're in conversation at the moment and I'll pop by here if/when we have something to share :)

AWESOME!, Vinny is regarded my many as the favorite staff member, and the videos with him just having fun with your guys game is regarded as some of the best content on GB, very awesome to hear you guys understand how these guys roll as well. really hope something comes out of your conversation with the staff.

also if i may humbly make a suggestion in the event that you guys are working on another open world china based action game for possible next gen systems ;) ,

i hope you guys evolve the melee combat in your games to this levels of awesome, as playing sleeping dogs, the fighting in that game is so satisfying that imo evolving it to this degree seems like the next step.

Loading Video...

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cooljammer00

Did we ever get a followup to this? What was the plan?

Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Trnck

Did we ever get a followup to this? What was the plan?

shhhh...

MGS2