Who says the choices for Games With Gold are rubbish?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@greggd said:

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@somedelicook said:

Even if it was on PS+, I still got excited when Sleeping Dogs was announced as a Games with Gold game. Not because I have Xbox Live Gold and not because I plan to, but because that game is so fucking great a lot more people get to experience it and I'm more hopeful for a sequel.

Hopefully it'll get a good word of mouth going. Also, SE already announced that the sequel was greenlit, so maybe they'll be given a bigger budget by way of word of mouth.

I thought the only thing they had announced was the Triad Wars thing? Which didn't sound exactly like a direct sequel.

I just took it as a sequel by another name. Because I mean, it's kind of hard to continue Wei's story.

The way they were talking about it made it seem (to me) to be a different kind of game entirely.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By GreggD

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@somedelicook said:

Even if it was on PS+, I still got excited when Sleeping Dogs was announced as a Games with Gold game. Not because I have Xbox Live Gold and not because I plan to, but because that game is so fucking great a lot more people get to experience it and I'm more hopeful for a sequel.

Hopefully it'll get a good word of mouth going. Also, SE already announced that the sequel was greenlit, so maybe they'll be given a bigger budget by way of word of mouth.

I thought the only thing they had announced was the Triad Wars thing? Which didn't sound exactly like a direct sequel.

I just took it as a sequel by another name. Because I mean, it's kind of hard to continue Wei's story.

The way they were talking about it made it seem (to me) to be a different kind of game entirely.

Maybe, hard to say. All I saw was the announcement. Where did you see the additional info?

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I have PS Plus and XBL Gold and the games on XBL are rubbish. Sorry, they are. Crackdown? Shoot Many Robots? Magic 2013? At least Halo 3 and Gears of War are good games, even though they're way old and most people own them. I downloaded the two Dead Rising games that were available too, but versus the insane selection that pops up on PS Plus (i.e. if you bought a Vita, you could get away with never buying a game) just shows the stark difference.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#54  Edited By ManMadeGod

I have a Silver Account aka my Xbox 360 is useless. Would be nice to get Sleeping Dogs for "free".

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@donpixel said:

@trafalgarlaw: I'm not sure if you believe you are "fighting the good fight", defending costumers against evil xbox live, but seriously you coming out more as a jerk somewhat passively aggressive insulting people who likes xbox live as a service for whatever reason.

Its free country, if other services work for you, cool beans. Now getting angry and actively attack other options seems like apeshit crazy really, Grow up.

I think you're reading too much into things, I have not even mentioned ps+. I don't need to "fight the good fight", plenty of big media outlets already did that. I am merely commenting on the fallacy that you get "free games" with ps+ or XBL and it baffles me how a multi-billion coorporation could only get stuff like A World of Keflings and Iron Brigade up untill now.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By winsord

And next month for PS+ is Don't Starve, Bioshock Infinite, DmC: Devil May Cry, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Smart As... and Worms Battle Islands. I think Sleepy Dawgs is a fantastic game and I'm glad many gold subscribers will get the chance to play it who maybe haven't even heard of it before, but it's been on sale for $10 on 360 before (normally $20) and $4 on PC. It's easily the best Games with Gold game yet, and again, I really loved Sleepy Dawgs, but it's really not a big get.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have PS Plus and XBL Gold and the games on XBL are rubbish. Sorry, they are. Crackdown? Shoot Many Robots? Magic 2013?

The fact that you think those are bad games is telling.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@somedelicook said:

Where there's a will there's a Wei.

Sorry

I'm not sorry

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sleeping Dogs is awesome. I'm glad some of my friends will get to play it.

Honestly I feel like I'm one of the five people who are happy with Games with Gold. Maybe that's just because it temporarily revived the Halo 3 community and I got to relive awesome memories of playing that game until 4 AM everyday again.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@e30bmw said:

@greggd said:

@somedelicook said:

Maybe, hard to say. All I saw was the announcement. Where did you see the additional info?

I honestly can't remember now. And it was a lot of reading between the lines in stuff they said in a press release. And the fact that they called it what they did and not just Sleeping Dogs 2.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

One game alone doesn't make Games with Gold not rubbish. It's a start, and we can only hope that they continue improving to be at the level of what PS+ offers. They need to also stop putting services people already pay for behind a paywall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@greggd said:

@mormonwarrior said:

I have PS Plus and XBL Gold and the games on XBL are rubbish. Sorry, they are. Crackdown? Shoot Many Robots? Magic 2013?

The fact that you think those are bad games is telling.

You are completely blind if you think that Games with Gold is somehow on the same level as the PS+ Instant Collection. Sure you get to "own" the games, but many of these games are really old and cost next to nothing. For me, I already owned most of the games that were offered and I wasn't particularly interested in any of the games that I didn't own.

With PS+ I am playing games that are all relatively new and expensive - and it's become my primary games library for my Vita, PS4, and PS3. However, it's not to say that I am completely over Gold. Having Sleeping Dogs as an addition is a great sign, and I hope that Microsoft will also support Xbox One games in the short future.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@greggd: I really should have closed this yesterday right when I saw how you opened your post. Please make an effort to be more polite on the forums...saying "Deal with that shit" and then arguing with people who take offense to your tone is completely counterproductive, does not promote meaningful discussion, and frankly this sort of behavior is exactly the kind of thing we don't like to see on Giant Bomb.

There is a reason we don't have a System Wars forum here, I hope everyone keeps that in mind when posting.