Which platform?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Game seems to be very sharp across the board, and I'm not enough of a gore-fiend to wanna watch up-rezzed eyeball-explosions, so do you guys have any recommendations on which platform to get it on?

I'd like something on PS4 just for the sake of it, but not if there's bugger all difference!

Cheers! :D

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@shalashaskauk666: I've seen a lot of the game played on a PS4 but when Jeff played it on PC this friday it looked significantly nicer than the console counterpart. Maybe it's just a difference of streams - the other footage I watched was a Live Show on GameSpot, but I dunno, it seems to look a lot nicer on the pc but if you want a game to play on the PS4 then thats also a pretty good reason to get it there.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Most games look nicer on the PC, whether you should get it on the PS4 or PC depends on your preferred play style, controller or mouse and keyboard.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet okay, it's weird how little platform comparisons there are, or that it just doesn't seem to be a necessary inclusion in the reviews that have come out. With so many of us between systems at the minute it'd be helpful to see some split-screens, plus the game in the UK is £20 less than the next gen version!

Cheers guys!! :D

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ravelle: You realize that you can use a PS4 controller with a PC right?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

The PC version is fantastic. Lots of graphics and control options, full key rebinding, native 360 controller support if you want to use one. You can even use a controller and a mouse simultaneously by default (controller for movement, mouse aim for fine scope adjustment). Granted I have a very high end system, but I'm playing it at 1440p/60 FPS locked and it's barely registering 10% CPU and 60-70% GPU usage with everything on Ultra and supersampling at 4x. It has so many options that I bet it will run well on a wide variety of systems, even mid to low range rigs. Load times are so fast that I have yet to even be able to read one of the tip screens. Entire levels seriously do load in under one second.

I'm not sure how the saving system is on consoles, but on PC there are tons of save slots and you can save and reload at will. Saving a game takes about a second, loading a previous save takes maybe 2 seconds if you're in the same level.

Really fun game, I'm only a couple of hours in but it's easily the best of the three so far.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So I somehow ended up preordering this yesterday, and I'm getting it on PS4. it's my first for the series though.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

@shalashaskauk666: I've seen a lot of the game played on a PS4 but when Jeff played it on PC this friday it looked significantly nicer than the console counterpart. Maybe it's just a difference of streams - the other footage I watched was a Live Show on GameSpot, but I dunno, it seems to look a lot nicer on the pc but if you want a game to play on the PS4 then thats also a pretty good reason to get it there.

Did Jeff like it?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

Did Jeff like it?

He thought Sniper Elite V2 was a "nothing of a game" that came and went - he seemed pretty indifferent towards it although by the end all the kill cams did make him laugh and say "this is alright." So he probably doesn't care much one way or the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Also worth noting is that the Xbox ONE version requires a 16 GB update.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrunch said:

Also worth noting is that the Xbox ONE version requires a 16 GB update.

Yeah that is pretty messed up. The entire installation on PC is under 18 gigs.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By gaminghooligan

PS4 because there's nothing else to play on it

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mike

The PC version has advanced physics where stuff like this happens! So glad that Shadowplay is a thing. 60 FPS support on YouTube can't come soon enough, this doesn't really do it justice.

"Advanced Client-Side Physics"

Loading Video...

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those physics sure are advanced.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_funko said:

Those physics sure are advanced.

That's totally what would happen to you if you got shot on the moon.

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving it so far. Playing on PC, has excellent surround/eyefinity support which is becoming a bit of a rare thing in recent times. Will even do 120/144hz with a bit of console tweaking (which is great but should be native! "-hz=XXX" in the launch option fyi). Runs super well maxed out, really appreciate the draw distances.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is a next gen purchase worth it? I can't for the life of me find a comparison between generations, only to PC! £20 for some fancier shaders isn't really worth it if i can just grab it on 360 and have the same experience!

What would you guys recommend if I'm going for a console purchase please?

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Loafsmooch

For me Sniper Elite V2 was all about the multiplayer, if you only looked at the SP part I can totally understand Jeffs opinion about it. This one has a more meaty SP but I'm still enjoying the MP much much more.

Getting a headshot from 250m away after adjusting your aim for wind and range while someone trying to sneak up on you is getting blown to bits by your mines is just soooo satisfying.

As for advice on which platform. It's a sniper game, aiming plays a big part. Cmon man, you want mouse for that.

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

If you have the PC to play it, obviously PC will have better graphics. I personally don't care for mouse and keyboard controls, and I don't have a good PC, so I pay it on PS4. It looks great either way

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mike

@skullking said:

If you have the PC to play it, obviously PC will have better graphics. I personally don't care for mouse and keyboard controls, and I don't have a good PC, so I pay it on PS4. It looks great either way

The PC version has native Xbox 360 controller support, and supports DirectInput controllers as well. I still played it with keyboard & mouse though, I don't think controllers are accurate or fast enough for games that require this level of precision aiming. I usually prefer controllers for typical third person games, though.