#1 Edited by CollyWolly (61 posts) -

Not sure what to expect with a title like this, but I am intrigued. What should we expect?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Can you date a virtual lady or see a boob? If not then there's still no reason to own a Vita.

#3 Edited by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

Not sure what to expect with a title like this, but I am intrigued. What should we expect?

It's a roguelike with an aggressively cheerful visual style and a focus on making great curry. Aside from massive slowdown if there's a lot of enemies on the screen, it's pretty solid.

#4 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Just watched this guys QL on youtube and the game actually looks pretty good. I might go pick it up if it's not too much money. I have been in the mood for a good solid simple RPG and this might fill that void for me and finally turn my vita into a game system instead of a dust magnet again.

EDIT: Just did some searching and to no surprise no one locally has it and the only place I could find it online was an overpriced third party seller on amazon. I might break down and buy the digital copy, but I really don't want to. I don't like buying digital games on anything but PC. I don't trust the stores to not get shut down the second the next iteration of the platform comes out or they make you rebuy all your games.

#5 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Looks alright but the Compile Heart touch is painfully obvious, the slowdown gets ridiculous. The DS version of Shiren the Wanderer is still my go-to roguelike.

#6 Edited by MerxWorx01 (12 posts) -

@crusader8463: I don't really trust most of these digital stores but if its any consolation I Sony's handhelds let you store your games on the the PC. I have all my psp games and vita games(bought digitally ofc) on my PC in case the worse should happen. Its not the best solution but for me personally, at lease I can get it from my PC is case shit goes bad. Also as a side note all but one of my PSP games can be downloaded free and played on my Vita which I did not think would happen. Makes me wish I bought all my PSP game digitally but when Sony could not guarantee all previous perchased digital PSP games would be available for free on Vita I assumed they were going to make everyone re-buy their games.

#7 Edited by fisk0 (3773 posts) -

I just saw a copy of this in one of my local stores and wanted to know more about it, seems like it may be worth checking out. It's around $90 here though, which is expensive even for Sweden.

#8 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

Q: What the hell is this game? (Game) (Question) (Thread)

#9 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@fisk0: I pre ordered it because I knew my gamestop wouldn't get a copy otherwise. It's been an interesting ride so far. It was $40 here, which is a much fairer price. I don't think 90 is really justifiable for this game. The mechanics are a little too simple and there isn't a whole lot to the game (at least of the three or four hours I dumped into it so far)

#10 Posted by fisk0 (3773 posts) -

@fisk0: I pre ordered it because I knew my gamestop wouldn't get a copy otherwise. It's been an interesting ride so far. It was $40 here, which is a much fairer price. I don't think 90 is really justifiable for this game. The mechanics are a little too simple and there isn't a whole lot to the game (at least of the three or four hours I dumped into it so far)

I ended up buying it anyway. Probably the fastest I've gone from not even knowing a game existed to paying a substantial amount of money for it

#11 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@fisk0: Man, that's a pretty huge chunk of change! Was that for the special edition version or the standard though?

#12 Posted by fisk0 (3773 posts) -

@fisk0: Man, that's a pretty huge chunk of change! Was that for the special edition version or the standard though?

The Hot and Spicy, Everything Nicey Limited Edition.

#13 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@fisk0: ah. That explains the price tag. I forgot to request the limited edition :( That's the one that came with the bib right?

#14 Edited by fisk0 (3773 posts) -

@fisk0: ah. That explains the price tag. I forgot to request the limited edition :( That's the one that came with the bib right?

Yeah, a plastic spoon, a plate and a bib. The spoon and plate are kinda weird things to put in a collector's edition thing.