Game is out, how is everyone enjoying it?

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am really enjoying Star Ruler 2, I have been playing early access for the last 2 months and I have been addicted and love spending my freetime playing it. All the different customisation options for your race drastically changes how the game is played and gives a lot of replayability.

You can create huge galaxies and have more than one galaxy per game with wormholes linking them together. I just love this kind of stuff in a 4X game.

I hope the GiantBomb crew give it a quick look, the last title was pretty good but it did not get any huge following.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of it. There's so many damn space games coming out now after years and years of nothing, it's weird.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've never heard about this one. Hm, it's real time, yeah? So, like, Sins of a Solar Empire?

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think games like Star Citizen have given people more interest in the theme. Not sure about space themed 4X games though, the only one I can think of is Star Drive and that is definitely not related to Star Ruler, which came out before and has had support from the devs.

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giacom

@twolines:

It is real time like an RTS but you can pause/speed up/slowdown at any time.

For anyone who didn't hear about this game, here are some screenshots.

Cronstintein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man I really like this game. Very cool design decisions that minimize the bs micromanagement that plagues this genre. Ship designer, economy system, diplomacy: all very innovative. I wish it was getting more press as it looks like the dev is going under :(