Star Trek Timelines is now out

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey guy, just letting everyone know that Star Trek Timelines is now out on Android and iOS. Full disclosure, I started working at DB this week that said I'm really digging the game already. If you're a Star Trek fan I think you'll like it too!

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@flakmunkey:

I've been playing for a few days now, made a few in game purchases, and here are my thoughts.

Bad things: The game seems mechanically thin, buggy, it doesn't explain itself well at all, rife with different currencies, and gross with other F2P crap.

Good things: John De Lancie's voice work, sound effects, presentation of space battles, and the overall feel of putting together a crew with characters from all the different series.

So basically all the Star Trek feels great, but the game feels lacking.

That being said, is anyone interested in joining a Giant Bomb fleet. As far as I can tell it is just a social group with no gameplay, but maybe it will give other people interested a chance to penetrate the initial confusion of the game with a helpful chat.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well, I would love to give my impressions, since I messed around with it at the last Pax East and thought it was interesting. I can't, however, because every time the first battle loads up, it crashes. My husband also tried it on his phone and has the same crash. Frankly, it's not worth the hassle, atm, to figure out why it's crashing before we can even play the tutorial. I'm going to wait and perhaps try it again in a few weeks.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By D4RKSH33P

I'm on Android and it did push a patch today, although who knows if it fixed your exact problem.

Edit: I made a Fleet called Neon Space Lobsters while I was waiting for my Chronitons to charge. It's private so if any GB users want to join PM your DB number (It's in the upper right corner when you load the game.) and I'll invite you. As far as I can tell it just gives us a private chat channel in game, but it has to be better than the global chat.

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started, maybe half an hour or so put it. L6 and rising! Seems interesting enough and will have to see where it all goes. Enjoying it so far.

You'll also find your DBID on the Settings screen. My DBID: 673813682483203

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By chilibean_3

I played with this a bit today. Has a lot of potential but it is kind of broken right now. Lots (LOTS!) of crashes, hiccups, errors and audio glitches. Actually, the audio quality might just be poor instead of glitchy, not really sure.

I also hit a wall after a little over an hour of play where I just don't have the stats to progress and those stats aren't going to be where I need them anytime soon without putting in a not insignificant amount of money. That may just be an unlucky pull of characters but it still sucks. There might just need to be an early difficulty adjustment.

That said, it really does have potential to be a neat little fan service game. I can't recommend it now with how poorly it runs. Honestly, even when (if) they smooth out these rough bits I can't really recommend it to anyone who isn't already a Star Trek fan. I can't see a ton of value here for somebody who isn't pretty familiar with characters, story lines and the overall lore of the Star Trek series.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't mind putting in a few bucks, the $4 get 100 dilithium every day for 30 days seems not terrible. I figure I won't be playing much longer than a month and it gives you a stamina refill every other day or the ability to buy something from a faction store that you just can't seem to get to drop. (Yes I realize how dirty and gross F2P that all sounds.)

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The part where it's constantly DLing additional data makes me wonder if this is just going to destroy my data plan.

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just hit level 9, which unlocks Fleets. Useful information!

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, we now have a Giant fleet of two people! Anyone else dabbling wants to join, PM or post your DB ID in this thread.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11 MattyFTM  Moderator

The Star Trekiness of this game is awesome. I love all of the references and it keeps throwing at me, but the free-to-playiness of it is a real turn off. Only played a little so far, hopefully once I get my head around all of the zillion different mechanics all going on at the same time I'll feel a bit better about it.

ILIDILA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ILIDILA

DBID: 675487878443008.

Just unlocked the Fleet(s) feature, worse comes to worse at least I'll be with fellow GBers.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straitkraken: Invitation sent

FYI: I think you can put "Space Neon Lobster" in the fleet search to ask to join too.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By twi

Application sent!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d4rksh33p: Applied through the game, same username as here.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All requests accepted.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought maybe Rich's mention on UPF would draw a few more people, but we have only had one new person request to join. Anyone still playing? I'm still wasting time grinding away.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I was enjoying it, but then I started having major connection issues that prevented me from playing for a few days and I moved on to something new.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had a maintenance downtime for about an hour this morning to try and "hopefully" correct those issues. Their message didn't seem 100% confident that it was going to though.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just downloaded this. It kind of just sits on the title screen forever. I imagine being in Korea doesn't help my situation. Can I really mix and match crew members from ToS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager? Because this sounds like a nerd's wet dream come true. Hello Picard, Spock, Odo, 'The Doctor' fan fiction come true!

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I gave up on it when I just got tired of the bugginess. Maybe I'll come back to it months from now when they've hopefully fixed it a bunch.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: You sort of have a pool of crew that you get to choose 3 from to do a mission. Generally its just who has the best stats, but I do like to think about what sort of dynamic the characters would have from the different crews. I kept sending Wesley and Nog on away missions together and I thought they would have become good friends.

theguido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know how long I see myself playing but I'm enjoying it so far. Sent application to the fleet.

My big bottleneck right now is I don't have any good medical crew.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That happens for sure

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I finally took the plunge and downloaded this game. Love the intro with John de Lancie and i got lucky drawing some of my favorite characters(B'lanna Torres and Ezri Dax(desert)). The missions look well written and capture that authentic Trek feel. I like the different options you have for building your away team and completing missions.

Don't know if anyone's still playing this but once i unlock the fleets i'll try joining the Space Neon Lobsters.

jclast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now that this is on facebook I'm playing it there (crashed my iPad mini a lot so I deleted it after only a day) and have applied to the Neon Space Lobsters.

Vivec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vivec

Started playin this game about a week ago, and just unlocked fleets. So I figured I would try to join The Space Lobsters. Application sent.