#1 Posted by Ennosuke (59 posts) -

What happened to Star Wars 1313 ? I was asking this myself a few times, because since E3 there was nothing new and in addition to that Disney took over LucasArts.

So Kotaku has a pretty interesting article about it: http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

To sum it up -> An uncertain future this game has! (like Yoda would say)

Oh man ... I hope it will come out one day, because it was looking so nice and it has been such a long time since we had a good Star Wars game. The setting promised so much and it would have been a good opportunity to publish it during launch window for the next gen.

#2 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

Probably at this E3 once the new consoles finally get unveiled hopefully.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

Hmm. Well that tv show never pick up. ~ Real talk? I think they're going down the Disney Store route, plush things and everything, And family Star Wars stuff. Star Wars Kinect wasn't the last of it, I think. New downloadable games, ex) Xbox ∞ Star Wars Clone Wars app, free-to-play platformer stuff. ~ Just, a bunch of Stuff..

This game, might not fit that model..

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

Hmm. Well that tv show never pick up. ~ Real talk? I think they're going down the Disney Store route, plush things and everything, And family Star Wars stuff. Star Wars Kinect wasn't the last of it, I think. New downloadable games, ex) Xbox ∞ Star Wars Clone Wars app, free-to-play platformer stuff. ~ Just, a bunch of Stuff..

This game, might not fit that model..

Isnt there a quote somewhere that the Disney buyout wont affect the game?

#6 Edited by RVonE (4638 posts) -
#7 Posted by project343 (2827 posts) -

@rvone said:

Kotatsu indeed. :p

This is a really dumb topic, but I think you just saved it. That sounds ridiculous. Can we just switch over to talking about this?

#8 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

It got cancelled for The Force Unleashed 3! Yay right?!

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I hope it gets released on the PS4.

#9 Posted by BisonHero (6540 posts) -

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I enjoy the fact that due to The Force Unleashed 3 never happening, it is canon that Darth Vader was imprisoned by the Rebels, awaiting trial for like war crimes and shit (which was the huge cliffhanger at the end of TFU2), and then nothing comes of it, and at some event like a year or two later in the Star Wars timeline he is just inexplicably free and going about his business.

#10 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

Sorry, i think is one of those lame tabloid articles that Kotaku shovels now and again.

I don't buy a word of it.

#11 Posted by Andorski (5311 posts) -

Vaporware.

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I enjoy the fact that due to The Force Unleashed 3 never happening, it is canon that Darth Vader was imprisoned by the Rebels, awaiting trial for like war crimes and shit (which was the huge cliffhanger at the end of TFU2), and then nothing comes of it, and at some event like a year or two later in the Star Wars timeline he is just inexplicably free and going about his business.

I want to play part 2 simply because I played the first one. What a bad (now) game.

#13 Edited by Hunkulese (2729 posts) -

@ennosuke said:

What happened to Star Wars 1313 ? I was asking this myself a few times, because since E3 there was nothing new and in addition to that Disney took over LucasArts.

So Kotaku has a pretty interesting article about it: http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

To sum it up -> An uncertain future this game has! (like Yoda would say)

Oh man ... I hope it will come out one day, because it was looking so nice and it has been such a long time since we had a good Star Wars game. The setting promised so much and it would have been a good opportunity to publish it during launch window for the next gen.

I didn't really see anything that would make me optimistic that it's going to be a good game. From what they showed it looks like a pretty generic 3rd person shooter. If everything else is pretty on the PS4 then it's just a generic 3rd person shooter without jedis.

#14 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government st that point?

#15 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government at that point?

#16 Posted by BisonHero (6540 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government at that point?

Meh, lots of rebel groups treat themselves as fully fledged nations with a legal system and the capacity to charge someone for war crimes. During the American Civil War, the Confederacy considered itself a government, and I imagine they were perfectly comfortable trying people for various crimes, regardless of how brief their government's existence was.

Granted, the Rebels in Star Wars are a weird case because they don't really hold any territory, and are instead an underground resistance that frequently has to move location, so I really have no idea what kind of trial (public or otherwise) they intended to hold for Vader.

#17 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

Meh, lots of rebel groups treat themselves as fully fledged nations with a legal system and the capacity to charge someone for war crimes. During the American Civil War, the Confederacy considered itself a government, and I imagine they were perfectly comfortable trying people for various crimes, regardless of how brief their government's existence was.

Granted, the Rebels in Star Wars are a weird case because they don't really hold any territory, and are instead an underground resistance that frequently has to move location, so I really have no idea what kind of trial (public or otherwise) they intended to hold for Vader.

More likely they were probably going to hold him for ransom or something but i dont remeber much about the ending to force unleashed 2 anyway

#18 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

Oh yeah now i do remember last week they said that the episode of the clone wars this week would be in 1313 to get a sneek peak at the location so they obviously still plan on making the game.

#19 Edited by Triumvir (481 posts) -

Yeah. I'd take the stuff Kotaku puts out there with a grain of salt. That said, if 1313 doesn't make a big showing by the end of E3, you can be fairly certain that the game has had funding severely cut or has been put on indefinite hold. It's not surprising. With Disney in charge, LucasArts now comes under the supervision of a group of suits that oriented Disney Interactive toward mobile/casual development after that Tron game was a hot pile of mediocrity. It's a real shame, too. Even under new ownership, LucasArts is still running into the problem of producing a really promising product only to have a new set of execs come in and put a damper on development in favor of a new vision.

Now, only Johnny V can save 1313. God help us.

#20 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

@triumvir said:

Yeah. I'd take the stuff Kotaku puts out there with a grain of salt. That said, if 1313 doesn't make a big showing by the end of E3, you can be fairly certain that the game has had funding severely cut or has been put on indefinite hold. It's not surprising. With Disney in charge, LucasArts now comes under the supervision of a group of suits that oriented Disney Interactive toward mobile/casual development after that Tron game was hot pile of mediocrity. It's a real shame, too. Even under new ownership, LucasArts is still running into the problem of producing a really promising product only to have a new set of execs come in and put a damper on development in favor of a new vision.

Now, only Johnny V can save 1313. God help us.

Someone please attach a Star Wars cape or something. I can't Photoshop. I could maybe use Paint. (Awful). ~ I trust my game in Johnny V's hands.. God help us all.

#21 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

It seems improbable that Kotaku had a great article about anything.

Back on topic, I'm sure we'll be hearing LOTS about this game at E3 this year, and I'm sure it'll be a launch title for PS4 and the new Xbox. It will be a mediocre Star Wars themed cinematic action game, and it will receive above average to very high scores from critics. It will enjoy very high sales.

#22 Edited by John1912 (1886 posts) -

I havent followed this game really since seeing the first trailer. Is there ACTUALLY any real hope this will not suck balls? Im trying to think of a Star Wars game I respect and I prob have to go back to KoTOR.

#23 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Keep your eyes open at E3.

#24 Edited by Ennosuke (59 posts) -

As you can see, this happened to Star Wars 1313.

Thanks Disney!

#25 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

To be fair to disney - 1313 was likely dead long before the acquisition.. That E3 demo was as far as it probably got.

#26 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Like all other Star Wars games, cancelled. Thanks Disney, we want more Epic "Fail" Mickeys!

#27 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

Like all other Star Wars games, cancelled. Thanks Disney, we want more Epic "Fail" Mickeys!

BOO!

#28 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

@medalofmode said:

BOO!

I'm scared