#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Well. I saw a GameSpot thing, and they credit Kotaku. But, this downloadable title has been on hold for months. So, when Disney bought out Lucas, these download guys just kept working, just in case it gets approved. I guess they're still waiting! Same with 1313. GameSpot: Star Wars: First Assault is downloadable multiplayer shooter - Report

16 player matches, on a download, ala Gotham City Impostors, almost. You could fly a TIE Fighter, and ride a AT-ST, for some reason. No Jedi, just like 1313 was supposed to be. FA was supposed to be the lean in to see if people would still want Battlefront III.

This just makes me sad. I don't see Anything coming out of Disney, like 1313 and FA anymore. No Battlefront III, no Battlefront XBLA-thing. Nuthin. .. If this was like 10 bucks, I would of bought it. You only need like 3 good levels, like BF1943 did. ~ Star Wars Kinect 2 is the future. God, you think of the rest. : /

[UPDATED Edit]: So Kotaku now has video to a newer article they put up. No embed today, but here's the link:

Kotaku: Leaked Footage Of Star Wars’ Newest Take On Battlefield And Call of Duty

The videos in the article detail a FPView of a Storm Trooper putting on the helmet. And the other video is basically gameplay. No bullet sounds, all lasers. Seems alright, but those lasers don't really seem precise. Its kinda just a bunch of body-shots. ~ I still would rather see this come out. Give it an extra 6 months and put it as a Next-Gen Console download. I'm thinking that's not gonna happen anymore, with Disney. [Le Sigh.] Star Wars Kinect. Um. Free to play Star Wars does Farmville thing, done by Disney: Is the future, from what I'm predicting as the future. Huff... : /

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10912 posts) -

Seems potentially interesting, assuming that this ever became anything more than just a few leaked screenshots. I don't know that a first person shooter is what I want out of Star Wars, but I guess 1313 was going to be a third person shooter (at least that's what that footage was), so it'd be redundant to have two of those in development at once.

I hope Disney doesn't just cancel this stuff. It'd be real lame if Star Wars Kinect and Force Unleashed II (which I did not play, for the record) were the last "big" Star Wars games ever made.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -

Star Wars Battlefront with Battlefield 3-level graphics.

Yes please.

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

the layer of snow/frost on the weapon is a lovely little detail.

#5 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Yes please.

You are crazy. These graphics do not look that good.

#6 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

i like star wars when you remove the silly inconsistent jedi

#7 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

@believer258 said:

Yes please.

WHO CARES ITS AN HD MOS EISLEY MANNNNNNN

#8 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -

Disney is bumming me out. It seemed like their acquisition would be all good now this.

#9 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

oh yeah and along with this news they cancelled the tv show on cartoon network but will apparently have a final movie involving order 66 before that

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

:_________;

#10 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

Disney is bumming me out. It seemed like their acquisition would be all good now this.

all there is,is hope

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I find it amazing they managed to make a Star Wars game look like a generic brown shooter.

#12 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -

@sooty said:

I find it amazing they managed to make a Star Wars game look like a generic brown shooter.

lol yeah Tatooine should have been bright green and pink!

#13 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -

t

@mtcantor said:

@believer258 said:

Yes please.

They look pretty good to me.

But remember that I've been playing PS2 games for about a month, so maybe my opinion isn't particularly realistic at the moment.

#14 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@sooty said:

I mean they got the colors of the planets right i guess they just shouldve chosen different ones to use?

#15 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

I mean they got the colors of the planets right i guess they just shouldve chosen different ones to use?

Or they can just use a desert planet and we can understand why it looks like a desert planet. I'm sure this game would have Endor, Tatooine, Hoth, etc. like Battlefront did. God forbid we show brown in a desert.

#16 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

It doesn't really matter, all I'm saying is as a first impression there's nothing interesting about those screenshots. I can only judge what I've seen of it so far and if it's another shooter in drab locations then I think I have my fair share of those to choose from.

I'm not gonna say it looks good on the assumption it has more interesting looking maps.

#17 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

It doesn't really matter, all I'm saying is as a first impression there's nothing interesting about those screenshots. I can only judge what I've seen of it so far and if it's another shooter in drab locations then I think I have my fair share of those to choose from.

I'm not gonna say it looks good on the assumption it has more interesting looking maps.

Or it does matter, because they are obviously recreating famous Star Wars locale, that happens to be brown. Like places in real life. Especially deserts.

Sorry it doesn't please you but there might be a reason for it being brown.

#18 Posted by Benny (1952 posts) -

So Star Wars Battlefield 3 then ?

#19 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -
#20 Posted by Veektarius (4772 posts) -

I'm confused. Did Disney cancel 1313 or is this just rampant speculation?

#21 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

@sooty said:

It's Mos Eisley. Did you expect it to be pink?

#22 Posted by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

Is this suppose to be a spiritual successor to Republic Commando?

#23 Posted by hellerphant (96 posts) -

Cool idea, but it seems to be a polished version of the CoD 4 mod (can't remember the name of it) from the screenshots alone. Don't get me wrong, more Star Wars games is never a bad thing!

So this is coming to XBLA, any other platforms announced? Hoping for PC myself

#24 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

#25 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

We can always hope.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -

Launch downloadable title for next-gen systems.

#27 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

This looks bad ass. I hope they pull the trigger on this one. No pun intended.

#28 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -
#29 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -
#30 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

@believer258 said:

Yes please.

It doesn't have that hideous blue filter so they're already better looking imo.

#31 Edited by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

Disney, you mother fuckers better get this shit on the roll. Then onto Battlefront 3, my body is ready.

#32 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Does the CTF mode have a grappling hook? That's the only multiplayer Star Wars that I care about.

#33 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Those laser gun-shots don't sound especially good. But, I would still game the hell out of this. ~ Dammit!..

#34 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@earthbowl said:

Oh god, I forgot about the cliff hangar at the end of Republic Commando.

#35 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

oh yeah and along with this news they cancelled the tv show on cartoon network

Well, of course. I suspect that their "new direction" will be "making stuff for Disney XD."

In fairness their Clone Wars cartoon has delivered five seasons, which was likely the full order anyway. Disney isn't going to let them re-up with a competing channel if they can avoid it.

#36 Edited by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

What the fuck is with the blood in the in-game footage being shown? When the fuck did shooting a laser beam at someone cause blood to fly out?

This seems like something that could potentially be awesome if done correctly. Unfortunately, the only way for it to be done correctly is to make Battlefront 3, and this is not that. Therefore...I care less than I did at the beginning of this comment.

Also, lose the fucking blood, Disney. Seriously, you're going to piss off some nerds.

#37 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

They probably started working on it before Disney bought them.

#38 Posted by Zirilius (621 posts) -

I'd totally play the crap out of this. Well as long as there are no stupid ass jedi like battlefront 2.

#39 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2364 posts) -

There's always that Star Wars COD 4 mod.

#40 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3802 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

They probably started working on it before Disney bought them.

They obviously did, but now they are halting all their promosing looking games.

Again, Force Unleashed sold 7 million copies. I know game development is expensive, yadda yadda, but if that game can sell like that you just have to be making games with the Star Wars name on it.

#41 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

There'll be plenty of games once they get the new Disney-approved trilogy out. I just hope at least one of those games will be a high quality experience. I like RPGs but with SWTOR out not that long ago, I think they might revisit one of these cancelled titles at least the genres.

#42 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

Wait! You press the LT to aim and RT to shoot? What is this insanity?!?!

#43 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

#44 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I want a new Republic Commando game! Point me to the dick that needs sucked to make this happen and I will go grab my knee pads.

#45 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

I want a new Republic Commando game! Point me to the dick that needs sucked to make this happen and I will go grab my knee pads.

You tell Billy all about it..

#46 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: So its now being reported that Lucasarts is taking down all the stuff related to first assault and asking websites to remove it.

Either there still planning on releasing it or somebody's getting fired.

#47 Edited by Bollard (5441 posts) -

This would be cool, if it looked more like Battlefront. Sads are being had.

#48 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -
#49 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3228 posts) -

Yes please.

YES. PLEASE.