#1 Posted by tehsorrow (64 posts) -

I'm fiending for info like J J Jamerson is for pictures of Spiderman.

I know DICE is all about bf4 but has there been any interviews or anything?

#2 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1637 posts) -

Since they only showed a minor teaser trailer I would think they are very early in development. I doubt we will see anything of substance until 2015.

#3 Posted by TheHT (11389 posts) -

Maybe next year's E3 we'll get a gameplay demo, but I don't expect to play it earlier than 2015. Maybe, maybe holiday 2014, but I imagine coinciding it with the new Star Wars movie is a part of the plan.

Then again, releasing it ahead could be good for getting Star Wars back on the minds of foks in the lead up to the movie. I think the Battlefront name has enough recognition to do that, if not (after all, it has been a while), "from the makers of Battlefield" should. Or just, you know "Star Wars".

#4 Edited by Benny (1953 posts) -

@theht said:

but I imagine coinciding it with the new Star Wars movie is a part of the plan.

I guarantee this is around the time it'll release, it just makes the most sense, especially for EA and their army of marketing people.

#5 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

I've probably seen all I need to see of that game, and doubly so, with EA behind it. It's most likely gonna be a Battlefield reskin.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@missacre: So just like the first two then?

#7 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Exactly. The first two weren't that great either. I don't know how they got so popular, they're terribly overrated. And people say KotOR is overrated. BAH!

#8 Posted by Raven10 (1809 posts) -

I'm sure they are super early on in development. Disney only bought Lucasfilm like what? Six months ago? And then give it another two months to set up the partnership so game probably has been in development for four months or so. Which means they are probably still in the pre-production stage and have at least two years to go on the game.

#9 Posted by joshwent (2219 posts) -

@missacre said:

I've probably seen all I need to see of that game, and doubly so, with EA behind it. It's most likely gonna be a Battlefield reskin.

Well, I have almost zero interest in military shooters, even though Battlefield looks like a solid game. I do, however, love Star Wars, so wouldn't a similar game with different trappings still hold some value?

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4222 posts) -

I remember them saying once they hadn't decided yet to make the game 1st person or 3rd.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@missacre said:

@believer258 said:

Exactly. The first two weren't that great either. I don't know how they got so popular, they're terribly overrated. And people say KotOR is overrated. BAH!

What were you coming to them for? If you were looking for a great single player campaign or something from Battlefront, well, you completely missed out on that one.

But I must have played that multiplayer for a few hundred hours. Battlefront 1 and 2 are each some of my most played games of all time. I won't say that they aren't overrated (they probably are, especially since some maps always seemed a little unbalanced in my memory), but I've definitely got a keen interest in seeing a new Battlefront.

#12 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@missacre said:

Well, I have almost zero interest in military shooters, even though Battlefield looks like a solid game. I do, however, love Star Wars, so wouldn't a similar game with different trappings still hold some value?

Eh, knowing EA, I wouldn't put it past them to riddle this game with that Premium service like BF3, and probably weapon and map packs, not to mention "Hero Packs." GET SLAVE LEIA AND BOBA FETT ONLY $8.99 EACH!!

#13 Posted by joshwent (2219 posts) -

@missacre: Yeah, I get it. 15 years ago, seeing EA attached to something meant you were getting highest quality game. These days, it means you're getting the highest quality locked content and micro transactions that creepy CEOs and behavioral psychologists have to offer.

Still, DICE is one of the best studios for this kind of game, and as long as the nickle and diming isn't too egregious, I'm excited.

And hey, at least for now we get to imagine all of that hilariously horrible impending DLC. "5 Ewok hoods in all new colors - $29.99 - BEST DEAL!"