#1 Edited by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

Well this was a surprise.

For those of you wondering, the game was just announced during the EA Press conference at E3, and will be developed by Dice if I'm not mistaken?

What do you all make of this?

#2 Edited by OreoSpeedwagon (27 posts) -

Not surprising at all.

It's also being developed by "DICE". A.K.A. Danger Close, the makers of Medal of Honor: Warfighter after being re-branded "DICE Los Angeles" due to reputation damage due to that clunker.

#3 Edited by Dacnomaniac (442 posts) -

Shit myself and slapped myself at the same time. It's developed by DICE and published by EA...so eahhh.

#4 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Yeah i thought i was dreaming, fuck man can't believe it.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3855 posts) -

Made by the team that brought you Medal of Honor Warfighter.

After Bioware it seems that EA has turned to Dice as the name to put on a studio they'd like you to trust. This is not a Dice game.

The game may very well turn out great, just don't get your hopes up until it's actually released.

#6 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I'm worried about who's going to take the lead on this; but yeah let's see what happens.

yey for edit.

#7 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

very interested to see what they do

#8 Edited by Skyfire543 (675 posts) -

I'm not sweating the fact it was made my the Warfighter team. That game played fine, the setting was just boring as hell. I'm hoping they can make a more interesting game given the Star Wars fiction.

#9 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

Wasn't the multiplayer in Warfighter ok though? I never actually played the game but that's what I've heard

#10 Edited by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

So far this and Titan Fall have been the two most exciting things I've seen today. I am so so so so happy to see another Battlefront, I just hope it's enough like the originals to actually feel like Battlefront and not just Battlefield, Star Wars-Style.

#11 Edited by SpaceRunaway (860 posts) -

I don't care who's making it, I need another Star Wars Battlefront.

#12 Posted by KrypticKiller (190 posts) -

Warfighter played fine. The only issues it had was it was not titled Call Of Duty and Ea pushed it as some simulation hybrid game when it was just another bland arcade shooter.

#13 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I think the bigger news is that with stuff like Battlefront and Mirror's Edge, it shows that EA is "listening" and trying to make some gamer-friendly decisions.

#14 Edited by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

I think the bigger news is that with stuff like Battlefront and Mirror's Edge, it shows that EA is "listening" and trying to make some gamer-friendly decisions.

Just what I was thinking. I was never a big fan of Mirrors Edge either but it was a really interesting and unique concept

#15 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

Any predictions as to the release date? Christmas 2014? First quarter 2015?

#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@jazgalaxy said:

Just what I was thinking. I was never a big fan of Mirrors Edge either but it was a really interesting and unique concept

They really messed up when they removed commander mode for BF3, so they're putting that back in for BF4, so yeah, sometimes they listen.

#17 Edited by Reisz (1478 posts) -

We all better god damned buy Mirror's Edge 2. No way they continue to make "risky" games if this doesn't succeed.

#18 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

Also, I would assume given that Mirror's Edge 2 has been in development for quite a while(not to mention Battlefield 4 almost "in the can"); Battlefront will probably get augmented with other Dice studios contributing to the project. I think Dice is very much going to be involved with this game.

#19 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1026 posts) -

"Congratulations, EA! You've just been awarded the exclusive Star Wars license! What are you gonna do next?"

"I'm gonna make a Hoth level!"

#20 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

"Congratulations, EA! You've just been awarded the exclusive Star Wars license! What are you gonna do next?"

"I'm gonna make a Hoth level!"

Lets be honest here, EA making a battlefront game. They don't have a choice but to add a Hoth map. People would be pissed otherwise.

#21 Edited by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

@filipholm said:

@jazgalaxy said:

They really messed up when they removed commander mode for BF3, so they're putting that back in for BF4, so yeah, sometimes they listen.

Yes! Commander mode was something I really missed in Bf3. It's pretty cool the way you can use your iPad and such. This E3 has been surpisingly exciting so far

#22 Edited by tehsorrow (64 posts) -

Just thought I'd pop in and say Danger close isnt making the game, that's a commonly held misconception.

http://m.au.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-being-made-by-dice-stockholm-not-la-6410259