Anyone Else Played This?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

I was just reminiscing about Star Trek: Birth of the Federation and Star Wars: Rebellion came to mind as well. They both came out about the same time a decade ago and I can remember wasting obscene amounts of time on them. While Rebellion wasn't exactly the most fully featured 4X game around the Star Wars aesthetic and attention to detail with the planets, ships and characters were astounding. I've long since lost my copy of the game, and I doubt it would work on any current computer, but I'd love to play it again.

So, has anyone else played Rebellion and have fond memories? Or are the mists of time simply making a crummy game I played in my early teens seem like a golden oldie?

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ekajarmstro

I played this game first a LONG time ago. I still have the CD, and I installed it a few weeks ago and played it for a few minutes. I actually got it to work on Vista lol. When I first played it I didn't understand how to play it at all because I'd never played any 4X games, and that's what made it so good. When I finally conquered the galaxy even though I didn't know what I was doing it was awesome. I even played it 1v1 LAN, and it took forever. I still think it's a good game, but game design has certainly come a long way since then.

Malawi1321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to revive a long dead thread!

Yes, I still play this game. In fact I just recently picked it up off of GOG. I still find the game mechanics and balancing to be some of the best of all time. Plenty of depth for different strategies while not too complex.

nyberrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, great game - was called Star Wars: Supremacy here (Ireland)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

@malawi1321: Please don't necro 4 year old threads. We'd rather you just create a new one yourself and have your own discussion than digging up an old one.