#1 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -
#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6516 posts) -

This is why they call it "Early Access".

#3 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

Queue throngs of people freaking out about losing their characters and not understanding the concept of "Early Access".

#4 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3362 posts) -

NOOooo! Cpt. Chipmunks!

#5 Posted by Turkalurch (198 posts) -

I hope its front to back and not back to front.

#6 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

This is why they call it "Early Access".

Indeed, i'll keep playing Terraria until this is actually done. Not paying for half-made games.

#7 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

NOOooo! Cpt. Chipmunks!

Never forget.

Also, I'm stealing that name.

#8 Posted by geirr (2563 posts) -

They announced beta wiping would happen before the beta was released so it shouldn't be too much of a shocker.

#9 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Well, good thing I didn't start playing after the huge patch yet. Maybe give this new fix a day to settle in, too.

#10 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

This is why I'm waiting until this it out to buy the game. I'm all for the idea of Early Access, but in this case I'm gonna wait.

#11 Posted by Gruebacca (519 posts) -

I wonder what happens if you take the files out and then put them back in after the update.

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (6516 posts) -

I wonder what happens if you take the files out and then put them back in after the update.

Those files will probably fail to load after the game is updated.

If there were a way to not have to do this, I'm pretty sure that the developer would be doing it. When you're dealing with alpha/beta releases though, there's often no getting around this.

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14383 posts) -

@gruebacca said:

Those files will probably fail to load after the game is updated.

If there were a way to not have to do this, I'm pretty sure that the developer would be doing it. When you're dealing with alpha/beta releases though, there's often no getting around this.

I heard a few people saying that during the closed beta, replacing your character/universe files after a wipe worked. I'd expect it to cause issues, though.

If you're concerned about losing stuff, wait until phase 2 of the beta. I'm mostly planning on jumping in and poking around a bit in the beta. I'm not going to get too invested in it until phase 2, when there shouldn't be any character wipes.

#14 Edited by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I think there is another one coming up after this last wipe. It's the nature of the beta beast