#1 Posted by SasquatchRuby (68 posts) -

Undecided about going in early access as I want to get immersed in this game

Looking for a thread for how actually playable it is, didn't see one, so thought would open one.

Any info greatly appreciated...

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Seems playable.
The only reason the Early Access is even there I think is to just let people know that "Hey, you do need a controller for this because there's no mouse and keyboard support yet, you will get that all for free later though"

#3 Posted by Noblenerf (331 posts) -

I've read achievements don't work yet.

#4 Posted by SasquatchRuby (68 posts) -

Thanks peeps, decided to bite the bullet and get it

Feels like a complete game after nearly an hour playing. Heard online does not work, I don't know what that does anyway.

I recommend this like it so far.

#5 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
#6 Posted by SasquatchRuby (68 posts) -

@pie:

thanks, nothing that's going to worry me too much it seems.

#7 Edited by Ravelle (1375 posts) -

Played a bit last night, it's pretty solid so far. It looks great and plays fluid, only noticed some zombies being glitched in walls etc.

#8 Posted by Mitch0712 (498 posts) -

Feels like a complete game after nearly an hour playing. Heard online does not work, I don't know what that does anyway.

The game has online features? What are they? It doesn't have multiplayer does it?

#9 Edited by karatetron (692 posts) -

I'm about four hours in, and it's a lot of fun!

#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@sasquatchruby said:

The game has online features? What are they? It doesn't have multiplayer does it?

It's just Leaderboards stuff, that's it.
No multiplayer or co-op (since, as the devs have stated for the 360 version, that would mean they would have to recode it basically from the ground up again for them to fit that in)

#11 Posted by ripelivejam (4629 posts) -

huh always thought this was a primarily multiplayer game. not sure where i got that notion, but i was under the impression that that was the main draw of this and what was setting it apart from the throng of zombie games right now.

#12 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -

@ripelivejam: The draw is the rpg/sim elements, open-world and perma death. At least for me it is.

#13 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

It suffers from being too easy? What's your opinion?

#14 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

A moment of weakness, and I bought this... I don't even care much for zombie games...

Hope it's good!