#1 Posted by johntheautomator (2 posts) -

Looking to find some cheap games that I can lose hours to. I bought rogue legacy and risk of rain and have just been playing those non stop, they have been great purchases. Bonus points for metriodvanias or rogue-likes because apparently im addicted, also controller support.

#2 Posted by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -
#3 Posted by csl316 (8666 posts) -

Well, for action platformers I always recommend Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures but it's a straight-ahead Mega Man sort of design. And it rules.

Audiosurf has endless replayability. And then you got Binding of Isaac.

#4 Posted by johntheautomator (2 posts) -

@sgtsphynx: It looks pretty intimidating, but for $7 that looks like a good deal.

#5 Edited by militantfreudian (111 posts) -

Check out Hotline Miami.

#6 Posted by Slag (4366 posts) -
#7 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1419 posts) -

Check out Binding of Issac, nifty "Rogue Like" and its super cheap....only 5 bucks for the base game which can last a long long time.

Insanley Twisted Shadow Planet is a good metroidvania type game but is pretty short but can last a while if you do the lantern runs.

Also Orcs Must Die! is usually on sale for ~$7 for 2 games with all dlc and they are really fun wave defense games. A few more defense games that are great is Atom Zombie Smasher and Revenge of the Titans, both are usually on sale for cheap as well.(those don't have controller support but i still recommend them)

#10 Posted by Dalai (7029 posts) -

The Swapper. Get The Swapper. There's my contribution.

#11 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@johntheautomator: Look at the past Humble Bundles, a lot of the games featured there are sure to be safe bets. My personal favorites are:

• Bastion
  • FTL
  • Spelunky
  • Hotline Miami
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Braid
  • Mark of the Ninja (Rogue like)

All of these have controller support except for FTL.

#12 Edited by MrFalcon (45 posts) -

Tales of Maj Eyal (T.O.M.E.)

One of the most famous and developed roguelikes out there.

#13 Posted by icecoldtanim (4 posts) -

Hero Siege is very very addictive. Try it. If you have a controller, Guacamelee deserves a try too.