#1 Edited by TreeTrunk (112 posts) -

Moderator edit...

Instead of starting another new thread for discussion about this year's Steam sale, just going to edit this one slightly and pin it. Spend responsibly! Or not!

Also, please don't start new topics for individual games going on sale as part of the Holiday event. Let's try to keep as much as possible contained in this thread. Thanks!

#2 Posted by KillNGer (25 posts) -

Come on AC4, Rome II and Arkham Origins!

#3 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5265 posts) -

Get ready

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

Maybe Steam will give me a refund for X Rebirth and Rome II. Oh I cannot wait to find out!

#5 Posted by billymagnum (733 posts) -

i did not forget this was coming. ive been holding off on certain titles since the last one ended.

still, i must prepare myself

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

Seems a bit early this year, but makes sense.

I hope they have some sort of event this year.

#7 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6227 posts) -
#9 Posted by L1GHTN1N (439 posts) -

Here's the key to surviving Steam sales: Buy everything you want now/think you will want/don't really want but man that's a really low price and what if my tastes in games changes down the lines that I actually like racing games then I'll feel real stupid about missing this deal so fuck it. Then future Steam sales become a piece of cake to get through! It worked for me, and it can for you too!

#10 Posted by Humanity (8848 posts) -

I never buy much during these things but maybe something will catch my eye.

#11 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1357 posts) -

Man i already spent way too much on video game related items this year.. On the good side i probably wont spend too mcuh since i have pretty much everygame i want from the previous sales, but somehow Gaben will find a way into my wallet.

#12 Posted by jimmyfenix (3835 posts) -

My wallet is ready :D

#13 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

it's all about those flash deals and then they reappear at the end of the sale.

#14 Posted by Abendlaender (2766 posts) -

These videos will be never not be hilarious.

#15 Posted by afabs515 (1014 posts) -

I cant wait to spend ALL MY MONEY over the next few weeks.

#16 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

I didn't buy a single game in the Autumn Sale, so I need to make up for lost ground. LEGO MARVEL Super Hereos, The Stanley Parable, The Wolf Among Us, Rayman Origins + Legends, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Papers Please... so many games need to be bought.

#17 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -
#18 Posted by ZolRoyce (633 posts) -

Don't shoot until you see the white of their daily deals! HOOOOOLD! HOOOOOOOOLD! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLDDD!

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11713 posts) -

The leaked document from ages ago seems to suggest that the sales will be the same as the last sale.

#20 Posted by face15 (1282 posts) -

@andorski: God damn you I need to buy all of those. I have no money I HATE YOU GABE.

#21 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

If I keep my spending to under $50, then it's a victory. I held firm during the Autumn Sale so I do have the ability to defend myself from spending money unwisely.

#22 Posted by bybeach (4730 posts) -

need to get bioshock 2 and minerva's den . And there will be others. Basically archiving anything I like that was x box 360 or Ps 3 for me. It's time.

#23 Edited by devoidcheeks (31 posts) -

this is gonna make me mad for not waiting another week for brothers...good game, but would have loved it more at 1/2 the price

#24 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5265 posts) -

Well, the good thing about being a long time steam sale veteran is that you more than likely have most of the games you'd want already by the time this sale rolls around. There's a few things I'm looking to pick up, but for the most part I'm good.

#25 Posted by Tesla (1909 posts) -

As someone who never buys PC games unless a Steam sale is going on, I've got a solid list of 11 games from this year I'll be grabbing.

#26 Posted by MOAB (374 posts) -

Nah, I'm good. I'm gonna use any money I'd spend there and upgrade my CPU. Intel, here I come! :3

#27 Posted by Evilsbane (4542 posts) -

I feel like on the zoom in he starts smiling just a little bit more Rofl so great.

#28 Edited by MachoFantastico (4509 posts) -

That video as made my day, priceless!

Also, woo Steam sales. Let's hope they don't suck, I didn't buy a single thing in the last sales. We've been good boys and girls Father Gaben.

#29 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Can't wait, here is my current wishlist -

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton edition

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

Kerbal Space Program

XCOM: Enemy Within

Hurry up steam!

#30 Posted by Veektarius (4630 posts) -

I feel like I'm pretty well caught up on my gaming catalog (at least in what I own), but maybe some deals on smaller games will surprise me.

#31 Posted by alanm26v5 (440 posts) -

Amazon started their stuff already. I bought Aliens: Colonial Marines for $2 because, well I have no idea why honestly. It does come with a $5 credit to use in January, but I'm set for months in games I haven't played. I think I have a problem.

#32 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Rocksmith dlc please be 50-75% off...

#33 Edited by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Didn't buy anything in the Autumn sale, pretty sure i can go for two in a row without buying anything.

Gaben has no power over me anymore.

#34 Edited by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

Summer Christmas

#35 Edited by MB (12053 posts) -

I can't think of anything I actually want right now, but I know I'm going to end up buying a lot of shit just like I do every year. Screw you, Steam. Also, I love you.

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by spraynardtatum (2622 posts) -

I want that new Shadow Warrior and XCOM expansion pack. I'm going write them down on a piece of paper and put it under my pillow. Also Mount and Blade for $1 or something crazy so I can be a little drummer boy.

#37 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

@humanity said:

I never buy much during these things but maybe something will catch my eye.

Same here, but I do love browsing and saying "WHHAAAAT! I'll totally buy that for that price!!"

#38 Posted by ripelivejam (3577 posts) -

think ill dump $40 into my steam wallet and limit myself to that. you know, show some fucking restraint like a goddamn adult should.

#39 Posted by chiablo (908 posts) -

I'm hoping that Enslaved goes on sale. I missed this one on consoles and heard it was a good story.

#40 Posted by sodapop7 (204 posts) -

@ripelivejam: This is not in the spirit of the Steam sale. You total it up at the end that's half the fun!

#41 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Nooo, somebody take my wallet. I don't wanna spend any more money. Somebody stop me!

#42 Posted by Bollard (5285 posts) -

I feel like I've been conned, where da sale at brah.

#43 Posted by BeachThunder (11713 posts) -

It's heeeeeere!

#44 Posted by DarkShaper (1322 posts) -

One of the games on sale is the Pre-Order for Metal Gear Rising. That was unexpected.

#45 Posted by Ezakael (916 posts) -

I ran out of money a while ago so I probably won't be getting much, if anything. I wouldn't mind if the Oblivion GOTY deluxe (Isn't that a great way to make money, two GOTY versions!) went on sale for more than 50% but I'm not holding out hope.

#46 Edited by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

Hahahaha of course Walking Dead Season Two is 10%, of course. Hahahahaha... fuck you Telltale.

#47 Edited by Natedogg2 (446 posts) -

@jeanluc said:

Hahahaha of course Walking Dead Season Two is 10%, of course. Hahahahaha... fuck you Telltale.

It's been at 10% off since the preorders were available. I don't think it will really be a part of the winter sale.

#48 Posted by Kaiserreich (686 posts) -

I'm only allowing myself to spend $10 on this sale. My backlog is unmanageably large already.

#49 Posted by BeachThunder (11713 posts) -

It's not likely that Brothers will be more than 50% off, right?

#50 Posted by Bollard (5285 posts) -

Sale is live now.