So, this is free on PS Plus for PS4.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll So, this is free on PS Plus for PS4. (109 votes)

Yeah, I've heard of it, and have it, it's good. 22%
Yeah, I've heard of it, and have it, it's meh. 11%
I've heard of it, but don't have it nor have I ever played it. 46%
Wait... What is it? I've never heard of it. Hm. 19%

I don't think I have heard of it before, but from the very little I've seen, and just now searched, it seems interesting. It's almost done downloading and I'll see what it's all about soon. Anyone else here have any thoughts on it?

• 
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are also no posts in the forums for this game either so...

LobotomyKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LobotomyKing

@ntm: If you are interested its a charming game that kind evokes a Psychonauts vibe. It is funny and quirky and the style is just plain awesome. it is a great way to burn a couple of hours playing what is pratically a 2.5D Psychonauts.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I think Giantbomb played it on a Professional Wednesday or Unprofessional Friday.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By FidusLingura

I remember seeing this game for vita and thought "hey this looks cool" and didn't buy it. But now I have it on ps4 and probably will play through to completion. I also may buy the vita version for some portable goodness.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for a bit and so far the enjoyment of it is in the world, the characters and the writing. The gameplay has been nothing but what amount to fetch quests involving stickers. You can't use different stickers to solve different puzzles, each sticker solves one puzzle, which usually leads to the next sticker and so on. The platforming is very basic and there's been no combat so far.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By glots

I've usually listened to the main title music more than I've actually played the game...but I might get into it properly during the summer

Loading Video...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Castiel

Yeah it's okay. I enjoyed my time with it. As Jesus_Phish said it comes down to the world, the characters and the writing. The gameplay is rather simple really but it's a fun game because of its writing. It's the kind of game you can play if you just want something that isn't super challenging but still kinda fun.

But since it's free I don't see any point in not trying it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By isomeri

I tend to agree with what @castiel and @jesus_phish already said. One thing I would add is that it's really annoying how the "mind-reading" dialogue comes out of the DualShock 4 speaker and there seems to be no way to change this. The dialogue is the best part of the game, so having it come out of a tiny and tinny speaker makes no sense.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I saw a Quick Look or UPF of this game. I'm interested to add it to my small PS4 library but betweenn the PS3 flash sales and MLB 14/NBA 2K14 I'll likely never play it. Haven't touched Fez for the same reason. It's all Mortal Kombat story mode and super HD sports.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

I'm on chapter nine. It's alright, in a good way, but still just alright. I like when things change up, and he goes into his dream-like states. I have conflicting feelings about the voice acting and dialogue. It's not bad, it just sounds too cartoonish, like something out of Cartoon Network or old Nickelodeon shows; sometimes funny, but overall I don't know how I feel about the tone, just kind of in between I guess. It feels more like a guilty pleasure than something I'd call outright good and recommend for others. I just think it's decent, while I can imagine others see it as annoying. The visual design's really good.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested at all

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

@isomeri said:

I tend to agree with what @castiel and @jesus_phish already said. One thing I would add is that it's really annoying how the "mind-reading" dialogue comes out of the DualShock 4 speaker and there seems to be no way to change this. The dialogue is the best part of the game, so having it come out of a tiny and tinny speaker makes no sense.

I know its not much of a fix but if you play the game with headphones plugged into the controller the audio is all mixed into the headphones.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I've played so far seems... functional. I've only played the first 4 or 5 sections. I'm enjoying it enough to want to finish it, but it's not blowing me away. Looks cool visually.

If you want to see the UPF featuring this game, It's 12/06/2013. Starts at 1hr 4 min.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@isomeri: Well then, as a headphone user that is extremely disappointing.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I've been playing it, and I like it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Played some of it. Like 3 or 4 chapters. Like its style. I'll only be playing this, if I'm too frustrated to play a *real* game. Only tried it because I was fed up with BF4 the other night. It's calming and relaxing in a charming and fun way. I like to play games that are exciting, so it's really not for me.

Can't argue with *free* though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Played some of it. Like 3 or 4 chapters. Like its style. I'll only be playing this, if I'm too frustrated to play a *real* game. Only tried it because I was fed up with BF4 the other night. It's calming and relaxing in a charming and fun way. I like to play games that are exciting and challenging, so it's really not for me.

Can't argue with *free* though.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I started the game last night and played for probably an hour or so. I am really enjoying it as a pretty relaxing game with an awesome style to it. Also, like @glottery said, I end up sitting at the title screen a lot.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it on UPF and it reminded me of Psychonauts a tiny bit so I downloaded it. Haven't played it yet though.

DiabeticJimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have beaten it and it was pretty meh but I did actually laugh a couple times at some of the jokes.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stick it to the man seems like the best thing made with Little Big Planet. Even though it isn't.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking it so far. It definitely has that 90's cartoon feel to it. I don't mind the audio coming from the controller and am thankful the ability to rewind and fast forward while mind reading was a nice touch. The comedy is right up my alley in a nostalgic sort of way and as someone who had no idea what this game was before I booted it up, it's become a game I wish I was playing when I was doing something else.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked the atmosphere and enjoyed the artwork, the game itself was cool when you weren't going through a chase sequence.

I'm glad it was free, I rather liked it, and I wouldn't have tried it otherwise even though it seemed cool on UPF

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

I got to chapter nine, played a few more minutes of it and was like "eh, I've seen enough". The game's okay.

HippoLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it. I liked the art, and the music, and the writing. You can tell it was written by Ryan North. The characters love to go on big rants, over-analyzing the philosophical questions raised by the events unfolding around them. At times it's a bit much, but it's often quite funny. If you like Dinosaur Comics you'll probably like the writing.

The gameplay was nothing special, but it never got in the way. It was kinda relaxing in a way. It basically felt like watching a cartoon.