Stranger of Sword City Vita version out tomorrow!

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My LE arrived a day early, and there is some gorgeous stuff in the art book, but anyway, is there a pocket of excitement for this release? I loved the hell out of Experience Inc.'s Demon Gaze (though I thought Operation Abyss slogged), so I have a lot of hope for this despite still needing to wrap up at least one other Vita gridder before I can dive in.

As @blacklagoon mentioned in the thread about the Xbox One version, the game has two art styles and I find the classic style extremely distinctive. I mean, it's hard to pass up on an art style like this these days:

No Caption Provided

Vita JRPG crew, represent!

Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm curious about this game, but they announced the Steam version to have a character editor where you can swap in a PNG or something and make that your character.

It'd be pretty cool to have Miku or Ganon from Melee as a party member so I'm waiting for the Steam release.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The classic art style looks great, it's stupid that they'd sell more going with a generic anime style. Did that work for post SOTN Castlevania games?

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an odd decision for sure, but at least both are options, which makes one wonder why they thought anime style was worth the extra effort. Very strange.

As for me, I love these games on handhelds (and I love my Vita too), so I'm all in on Vita. I think I'm very near completing Dungeon Travelers 2, and then I'm skipping over a couple games in the backlog and jumping right into this. I've been glancing at some guides here and there, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into another Wizardry-style gridder.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally started this last night, and I just put my haremcompany together and started venturing into the dungeon. I like its Hiding mechanic, which is similar to Demon Gaze's gem stuff with a bit less randomness and ambush potential. Pretty optimistic on the game so far, it definitely has that same pace of combat as Demon Gaze did.

If anyone else picks the game up, let's talk builds and whatnot.