What's your favourite version of Street Fighter IV?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

I'm considering buying the game. So I ask what version did you enjoy more? And why?

FattyLobotnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edition Select in Ultra is pretty cool.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

You should buy the disk version of ultra. It comes with edition select and all the costumes.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Super because it added a ton of new and interesting content. I'm not sure why you would want to play anything other than the latest version though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultra.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no point in buying anything other than Ultra.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew said:

There's no point in buying anything other than Ultra.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By FLStyle

There's no such thing as a favourite version, you buy the latest version and that's that.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Buy the cheapest one you can find.

MikaelBoogart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikaelBoogart

In hindsight? I like and enjoyed the original release the best. My reasons for that are pretty nitpicky fighting game system stuff, how much damage things do and so forth so that's probably not a helpful opinion for what you're asking.

Really though each new version was just balance changes and new stages and new characters, so the best value is most certainly the most current (Ultra).

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thegoldencat7

This would be an interesting question to answer in general. Id probably say super based on the fun memories I have of that time. But as far as informing a buying decision, as others have indicated, there is no reason to buy anything other than ultra. Either buy a cheap copy of super and get the digital upgrade to ultra, or better still, wait for the disc release of ultra which also includes all the dlc costumes.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

This would be an interesting question to answer in general. Id probably say super based on the fun memories I have of that time. But as far as informing a buying decision, as others have indicated, there is no reason to buy anything other than ultra. Either buy a cheap copy of super and get the digital upgrade to ultra, or better still, wait for the disc release of ultra which also includes all the dlc costumes.

Yeah it sounds like two good plans :)

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Super primarily because it was a great entry since everyone was still learning and before setups and vortexes were mastered. Now Ultra is the way to go.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking back, Super might be my favourite. It added a heap of content; it was where one of my characters, Rose, became both more viable and interesting with better juggle property on soul throw and got her orbs ultra etc; it also added my other two mains with Guy and T Hawk along with a bunch of other characters I really enjoy playing, like Cody and Makoto. It also probably had my favourite version of Seth, he didn't have his ridiculous vanilla teleports, but they hadn't decided to nerf him into the ground yet. Super was also where Guile got the ability to put on the shades, right? Only problem was they nerfed The King.

I actually might like playing AE 2012 the most, but Super added so much, whereas AE 2012 was a lot of subtle stuff and fixing AE issues.

I can't comment on Ultra yet, because I'm still waiting two weeks on the PC version, dying inside. I've got a PS3, but that option was basically out too because I'm in Australia and the DLC version isn't ever coming to PSN here.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Ultra. Neutral game is so much more important now which makes my character shine. Also Hugo and Poison!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Vanilla is my fav but I always play the latest version of any fighter.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Ultra has version select anyways, so... Ultra.