Capcom Accidentally Announced Street Fighter V

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

Chances are Capcom hoped to surprise everyone by announcing Street Fighter V tonight at The Game Awards, but someone accidentally put a trailer for the game online today. Oops.

The brief teaser, which is quickly being taken down on most spots on the Internet, shows a tiny bit of gameplay before revealing the game's coming to PlayStation 4 and PC.

Is the game really exclusive to PS4, or is this a timed exclusive? We'll have to wait and see.

No Caption Provided

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

Is this Adam Boyes working his Capcom connections or Japan not giving a shit about the Xbox One?

Or just some timed exclusive to counter MS' Tomb Raider deal?

Why do I give a shit? What am I doing with my life?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: Probably a bit of both, also EU apparently not giving a shit about the XBone either from what I've heard.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I got an idea ... let us make less money.

flatluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

THEBIGZED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THEBIGZED

Now all I need to do is get interested in fighting games. Wait, that's not gonna happen, is it. Well, at least there's Divekick.

Pretty sweet deal for Sony I guess

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hassun

It actually kind of makes sense to make a heavily multiplayer-focused game like SF exclusive to 1 console. Fighting games don't have the broadest audience and forcing the online community into one space could be a good thing.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it isn't the F2P that some stupid exec tried to push through, the (obviously timed) exclusive isn't that bad.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouch...

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good get for Sony, even if only temporarily. I haven't gone deep on a fighting game in a long time, and Injustice on PS+ has given me a bit of the itch even if I don't love that games specific fighting system and characters... A new street fighter would really hit the spot right now. Here's hoping for a 2015 release.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Believe you me, it very much makes sense. Last gen most people playing SF4 online or offline would play on the 360, but then would play on the PS3 at every tournament. Which lead to everyone who cared enough either getting 2 arcade sticks (quite expensive), or dual-modding one of them (also expensive).

Not to mention that most people who played on a pad used some form of Dualshock, which worked far better on Sony's hardware obviously (pretty sure you could just use a converter and plug it into a PS3 if you wanted to use a PSX or PS2 controller).

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great trailer! Wow. I am more of a mortal kombat fan but in 1992 (or whenever it came out) my parents bought me street fighter 2 and a SNES. That is how my SNES journey started no mario world or any junk like that - frickin street fighter 2. I loved the game but after all the iterations of SF2 I got bored of it and played mortal kombat for years and I still consider it a better game. I really enjoyed killer instinct and would enjoy the newer versions of killer instinct if I had an xbox but I still think MK is the best fighting game franchise.

G3ese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By G3ese

I'll wait for Super Mega Ultra Street Fighter 5 Tournament Edition.

Plus by then the timed console exclusive deal will be up and I can play it on the Xbox One.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is probably at Bayonetta 2 situation. It will be shown at the PS Experience thing as well.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

@lukeweizer said:

Is this Adam Boyes working his Capcom connections or Japan not giving a shit about the Xbox One?

Much more likely Sony pulled a Nintendo as Capcom has been in financial troubles for a while and a year ago Ono was very open about the fact that there simply wasn't the funding to start development on SFV.

lachrymoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand is without Sony this wouldn't even have the funding to get made. More of a Bayonetta 2 situation than a Tomb Raider one.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Said this elsewhere, but very interested to see if we get the same furious outrage people claimed over Tomb Raider being exclusive* to XBox One.

Somehow I doubt it.

squeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this going to be another situation where its ps4 and pc in Japan but there will be an xbox version in the west?

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By winsord

A little Explosions in the Sky can help to make any trailer just that much better. I just bought an Xbox One last week, but I do have a PC that should be able to run it without issue.

cyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so whats a bigger "get"? Tomb raider for Xbox or SF5 for PS4?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer

As long as it isn't the F2P that some stupid exec tried to push through, the (obviously timed) exclusive isn't that bad.

If it's "F2P" in the way that KI is F2P then there is literally no downside.

BullLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Dave Lang voicing that trailer? Sounds an awful lot like him, I find.

Avatar image for mattoncybertron
mattoncybertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to guess Street Fighter 5 will stay exclusive to PS4 and PC. When they do Super Street Fighter 5 then that will come to Xbox One.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nags

Megaton!

The ball is fully in Sony's court at this point. Nice play by Sony. I'll be getting it on PS4 because no doubt the PC community will be full of hacks/cheaters.

Edit: Okay, okay. I'll get it on PC during a $5 steam sale.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so whats a bigger "get"? Tomb raider for Xbox or SF5 for PS4?

It depends. If SFV becomes the dominant tournament game like SFIV is now, the PS4 has the potential to become the de facto console for all multiplatform fighting games this generation.

theinnkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g3ese said:

I'll wait for Super Mega Ultra Street Fighter 5 Tournament Edition.

Plus by then the timed console exclusive deal will be up and I can play it on the Xbox One.

Great for you, but some of use enjoy competing in tournaments. Capcom get's a lot of hate from people who aren't even the target market for their updates. I'm thankful SF got balance patches every year, and that they were either free or inexpensive. I'd hate to play CoD competitively and have to drop $60 every year. I do think the Ultra update was at least half bullshit with the recycled SFxT characters and stages, but I'd consider SF4 to be one of the most balanced fighting games being played today. Except for Dhalsim. Dhalsim is hopeless.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand is without Sony this wouldn't even have the funding to get made. More of a Bayonetta 2 situation than a Tomb Raider one.

If that's the case then it's much more understandable.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't expected a halftime sports movie speech from the trailer there.

Im interested what they do here. I kinda feel like Ultra SF4 is the total package as far as level of content, balance, and systems. So they can't just do that game again can they? People already have that game. They need to move forward again. It didnt pan out with SF3 but they need to try again, I don't need a slightly prettier same game.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By myke_tuna

I'm waiting for the final version of this before I go ahead and purchase it. I bought way too many SF IV versions because I blindly kept believing "Yep. This is the one. Right." Granted, they were all on sale when I did, but nope. Not this time, Capcom.

Still, I am very interested in how this game turns out.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer said:

Much more likely Sony pulled a Nintendo as Capcom has been in financial troubles for a while and a year ago Ono was very open about the fact that there simply wasn't the funding to start development on SFV.

That's kind of crazy that they didn't have enough money for one of their most storied franchises.

theinnkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myketuna said:

I'm waiting for the final version of this before I go ahead and purchase it. I bought way too many SF IV versions because I blindly kept believing "Yep. This is the one. Right." Granted, they were all on sale when I did, but nope. Not this time Capcom.

Still, I am very interested in how this game turns out.

You didn't just update the version you had? Also, unless you play competitively, it's fine to just stick with the version you have or wait for the "final" installment.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By ch3burashka

That sounds insane; why would Capcom need funding to make the next hyped entry in their fighting game franchise, especially after the success of 4? Unless they're in dire straits, that doesn't make sense.

As for the 3 seconds of gameplay, kind of underwhelmed. When the various SFIV trailers came out it was mind-blowing: a bunch of different art styles (or filters) framing a few battles. The "ink-splotch" style is what IV had going for it; they can't seriously be using the same for the next entry.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mrfluke

here the teaser while its still up folks

Loading Video...

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing I'll be playing a lot of Guilty Gear Xrd Sign instead, but I'm glad that there is a sequel coming. I'll wait for the "final" version though. Not going through that super/hyper/turbo crap again. Had enough of that in the nineties.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neozeon: well dont speak too soon cuz you about to get like 5 renditions of Xrd... XX had the original, #r, Slash, AC and AC+R

super psyched though and very happy to see them embracing the fgc in their trailer.

bonidex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go playstation!!!!

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caesius6: It's mostly new characters and maybe new game (online) modes.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu looks more roided up with each new game.

zinkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And on xbox a few months later..

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By ProfessorEss

@steveurkel said:

Hey guys, I got an idea ... let us make less money.

I'm a bit of an amateur so I'm curious, how do your numbers look next to Capcom's?

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's not a PS4 exclusive if it's on PC as well.

kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By kollay

The hype is real. Kreygasm.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks incredible.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By ProfessorEss

@lachrymoses said:

That's bullshit to the point that I can't help but wonder if it's some super unreadable sarcasm? or a piece of unconvincing marketing that you saw somewhere? Or maybe Sony's funding the beta, aka: the first, standard release version?

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 console exclusive.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casper_ said:

@neozeon: well dont speak too soon cuz you about to get like 5 renditions of Xrd... XX had the original, #r, Slash, AC and AC+R

super psyched though and very happy to see them embracing the fgc in their trailer.

Very true but I avoided those too. Actually maybe not, I think I have a psp/vita version kicking around somewhere...the one where you can play as Justice and Kliff. Other than that though? Nah, hope to just pick up one version.

Personally I think buying every version is insane but if the community supports it than at least we know people are enjoying it right? Maybe? I hope...

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: Why is that? From what Ono said, they were having difficulties getting the necessary funding. Is there something im missing? Im not too privy on this stuff, frankly.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@flatluigi: Thanks.

Wonder if the rumors about Capcom are true. It certainly wouldn't make business sense to go exclusive unless money was involved.

Probably time to cut the bloat. Too many chiefs, not enough indians, if you'll excuse the expression.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nags said:
@chicken008 said:

PS4 console exclusive.

So like Advance Warfare is a PS4 console exclusive. If you want to play the PS4 console version of the game, its only coming out on PS4.